ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The right is losing their minds over a 16 year old Swedish girl
EmojiMania 11:51 AM 09-24-2019

Holy shit

Michael Knowles of Daily Wire just called Greta Thunberg a "mentally ill Swedish child."@ChristopherHahn tore into him pic.twitter.com/Ki0cK6W3Ev

— jordan (@JordanUhl) September 23, 2019

Laura Ingraham compares Greta Thunberg to Children of the Corn pic.twitter.com/eiCvYIbthr

— Andrew Lawrence (@ndrew_lawrence) September 24, 2019

Children—notably Nordic white girls with braids and red cheeks—were often used in Nazi propaganda. An old Goebbels technique! Looks like today’s progressive Left is still learning its game from an earlier Left in the 1930s pic.twitter.com/E4q2KZ526s

— Dinesh D'Souza (@DineshDSouza) September 22, 2019

This performance by @GretaThunberg is disturbingly redolent of a victim of a Maoist
“re-education” camp.

The adults who brainwashed this autist child should be brought up on child abuse charges. https://t.co/x81HWNZRa8

— Sebastian Gorka DrG (@SebGorka) September 24, 2019

A sixteen year old child has all your favorite intellectual luminaries going batshit ****ing crazy on national television and Twitter. Wow.

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
NinerDoug 05:02 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The world was going to end in 10 years for the past 20 years at least.
That's a different issue. If you're trying to convince people that man-made climate change is real, then I would agree, using a 16 year old as the face of your cause would not be smart.

If you're past that point, and trying to convince the world to take action on what you are considering to be established fact, and the fact is going to impact future generations more than the current generation in power, then using the faces of the people who will be impacted is in fact smart, IMHO.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 05:06 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Not this particular cause. It's not "dumb" at all.
Actually, it kinda is Niner. If your goal is to convince us rural conservative hillbillys that we are all gonna die unless we give all our money to somebody, then a youngster with an apparent mental disability is probably the wrong flagship.

Slick Willie is the guy that could possibly sell this nonsense to the rurals. Not likely, but possibly. That dude was a salesman if I ever did see one!! Heck, he convinced America that shipping our jobs overseas was a GOOD thing! AND, we re-elected him :-)
[Reply]
NinerDoug 05:09 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
Actually, it kinda is Niner. If your goal is to convince us rural conservative hillbillys that we are all gonna die unless we give all our money to somebody, then a youngster with an apparent mental disability is probably the wrong flagship.

Slick Willie is the guy that could possibly sell this nonsense to the rurals. Not likely, but possibly. That dude was a salesman if I ever did see one!! Heck, he convinced America that shipping our jobs overseas was a GOOD thing! AND, we re-elected him :-)
I don't believe that is the goal.
[Reply]
Bump 05:10 PM 09-24-2019
But it clearly is. Unless we give billions to someone and stop eating meat then the world will end right?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:12 PM 09-24-2019
Of course you don't. :-)
[Reply]
Over Yonder 05:13 PM 09-24-2019
It may or may not be, but it APPEARS to be. That's part of my point.
[Reply]
patteeu 05:13 PM 09-24-2019
That's a different issue. If you're trying to convince people that man-made climate change is real, then I would agree, using a 16 year old as the face of your cause would not be smart.

If you're past that point, and trying to convince the world to take action on what you are considering to be established fact, and the fact is going to impact future generations more than the current generation in power, then using the faces of the people who will be impacted is in fact smart, IMHO.
Smart if your goal is to be manipulative. Not smart because the 16 yo has any kind of expertise worth hearing out.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 05:16 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
But it clearly is. Unless we give billions to someone and stop eating meat then the world will end right?
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Of course you don't. :-)
I don't believe that "rural, conservative, hillbillies" are the target audience. You can tell they are not a group of people that are likely to be moved on climate change, simply by looking around this very board.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 05:18 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Smart if your goal is to be manipulative. Not smart because the 16 yo has any kind of expertise worth hearing out.
No, it's not about expertise. It's about, "Hey, you! I'm the one who's going to have to live with this shit! Can you maybe give my future a bit more consideration!?!" That's what it's about.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:30 PM 09-24-2019
The fact of the matter is that implementing the Green New Deal is what will kill off humanity. That's what some of them want. Sometimes I wonder if they're aliens in human bodies, so once we're wiped out, they can come in their space ships and repopulate with their own kind.

Sits and waits for someone to think I actually believe the alien part.
[Reply]
Taco John 05:31 PM 09-24-2019
Giner is a right. White women are the target audience.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 05:32 PM 09-24-2019
No, it's not about expertise. It's about, "Hey, you! I'm the one who's going to have to live with this shit! Can you maybe give my future a bit more consideration!?!" That's what it's about.
Why can't they use that same line of thinking towards the national debt? BOTH parties have that one wrong:-)
[Reply]
NinerDoug 05:37 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
Why can't they use that same line of thinking towards the national debt? BOTH parties have that one wrong:-)
I suppose they could. Doesn't have quite the quite the same drama as catastrophic climate change, however.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 05:45 PM 09-24-2019
I suppose they could. Doesn't have quite the quite the same drama as catastrophic climate change, however.
Drama being the key word, unfortunately :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 06:51 PM 09-24-2019
Pretty cool that the radical left would weaponize young teenagers just for the sole purpose of pushing their political agendas. Nothing new for them, really, just interesting to see them continually go back to the same well over and over again.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up