ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 189
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
The Lounge>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:18 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
That SEEMS to be the argument. That only shitty pass rushers go 2 games without a sack.

Or something. I'm not really sure.
right.

so I suppose my critique of the argument is that the people saying Clark sucks watch Chiefs games and not much else, just stat totals.

So they're all-Clark sucks! He's no Khalil Mack!

And I'm all-well, statistically, he compares favorably with Mack in last year's statistics and so far in the two games this year.

And they're all-


And that appears to be the conversation.

I'm completely unconcerned with Frank Clark. I have concerns with the LB corps, and have some questions at CB, but I have no concerns in the front four at all, really.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:21 AM 09-16-2019
Also, not to make this thread "all about me" but it's disingenuous to think I and others have questioned if Clark was worth it "because no sacks."

I never once brought up sacks. I said QB pressures and big plays in the OP.

I also posted this before the end of the 1st quarter.

But even you all have to admit... the Jacksonville game up to the end of the 1st quarter, the defense was playing like shit, and Clark wasn't really demonstrating much to change that trend.
[Reply]
O.city 09:22 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
right.

so I suppose my critique of the argument is that the people saying Clark sucks watch Chiefs games and not much else, just stat totals.

So they're all-Clark sucks! He's no Khalil Mack!

And I'm all-well, statistically, he compares favorably with Mack in last year's statistics and so far in the two games this year.

And they're all-


And that appears to be the conversation.

I'm completely unconcerned with Frank Clark. I have concerns with the LB corps, and have some questions at CB, but I have no concerns in the front four at all, really.
Mack only played 13 games last year IIRC so he probably has some deflation of stats there.

He also came into a new system and immediately wrecked GB game one. He gets doubled and such all the time, yet still seems to make big game changing plays.

We haven't seen that from Clark yet.

It's great that he's good against the run, hustling and whatever. That's all awesome, but again, that's expected.

With his contract, he's expected to be as Veach said, a "DPOY" candidate. Thru 2 games, he's not been that.
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:23 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
right.

so I suppose my critique of the argument is that the people saying Clark sucks watch Chiefs games and not much else, just stat totals.

So they're all-Clark sucks! He's no Khalil Mack!

And I'm all-well, statistically, he compares favorably with Mack in last year's statistics and so far in the two games this year.

And they're all-


And that appears to be the conversation.

I'm completely unconcerned with Frank Clark. I have concerns with the LB corps, and have some questions at CB, but I have no concerns in the front four at all, really.
I thought the lb played okay if not well.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:23 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
right.

so I suppose my critique of the argument is that the people saying Clark sucks watch Chiefs games and not much else, just stat totals.

So they're all-Clark sucks! He's no Khalil Mack!

And I'm all-well, statistically, he compares favorably with Mack in last year's statistics and so far in the two games this year.

And they're all-


And that appears to be the conversation.

I'm completely unconcerned with Frank Clark. I have concerns with the LB corps, and have some questions at CB, but I have no concerns in the front four at all, really.
It's not just that. It's such a cliche complaint about pass rushers in general.

Back in the day even Lawrence ****ing Taylor was accused of 'disappearing' for stretches because he wasn't putting up numbers for a few games. KC fans ALWAYS made this complain about DT.

It's not a BFD. Larger sample is needed. I think Clark will be fine. We're talking about TWO GAMES.
[Reply]
O.city 09:23 AM 09-16-2019
I also don't really put much into the Interception. It was a three timed tipped ball that he was in the right place for.

As a 43 DE, go get the QB. If you get doubled or chipped, ok. Great. They aren't doing that every play and when he's not getting that, he's not really getting much pressure.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:24 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mack only played 13 games last year IIRC so he probably has some deflation of stats there.

He also came into a new system and immediately wrecked GB game one. He gets doubled and such all the time, yet still seems to make big game changing plays.

We haven't seen that from Clark yet.

It's great that he's good against the run, hustling and whatever. That's all awesome, but again, that's expected.

With his contract, he's expected to be as Veach said, a "DPOY" candidate. Thru 2 games, he's not been that.
okay, well, that's true regarding Mack playing in 14 games (started 13). But 1/3 more QB hits?

And no, we haven't seen it yet, but it's a small sample size and within that sample size, his stats compare very favorably to Mack.

So what I'm saying is-any panic is REALLY premature and reactionary.
[Reply]
O.city 09:25 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
It's not just that. It's such a cliche complaint about pass rushers in general.

Back in the day even Lawrence ****ing Taylor was accused for 'disappearing' for stretches because he wasn't putting up numbers for a few games.

It's not a BFD. Larger sample is needed. I think Clark will be fine.
Sacks always come in bunches. We always had this argument with Houston and company.

I think my argument is getting kinda misconstrued here. I don't have any worries that he'll be fine.

My thing is that the Chiefs D needs him to be more than fine. What he's done so far just isn't good enough for what they gave up and are paying.

I think Frank agrees as he's said so, so I'm not really worried that it won't come hopefully.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:27 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mack only played 13 games last year IIRC so he probably has some deflation of stats there.

He also came into a new system and immediately wrecked GB game one. He gets doubled and such all the time, yet still seems to make big game changing plays.

We haven't seen that from Clark yet.

It's great that he's good against the run, hustling and whatever. That's all awesome, but again, that's expected.

With his contract, he's expected to be as Veach said, a "DPOY" candidate. Thru 2 games, he's not been that.
Clark isn't Mack, so don't start expecting him to play like he is. There's an ENORMOUS gap between 'as good as Kalil Mack" and 'Sucks"
[Reply]
threebag02 09:29 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's being paid like a top 5 defensive player in the league. This is a capped league and Clark is taking a monster chunk of that.

IF all we need is what you described, you could have had that for like 1/4th of the price.

No, for what he's being paid and what they gave up, you need all that an the numbers. He needs to fucking wreck games, not "push the pocket".
Eric Hicks Fan
[Reply]
O.city 09:29 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Clark isn't Mack, so don't start expecting him to play like he is. There's an ENORMOUS gap between 'as good as Kalil Mack" and 'Sucks"
I think those of us expecting more are basing that on what Veach told us though.

They viewed him as the 2nd best defensive player in the league and a defensive player of the year guy.

I don't have a problem with people asking more of him based on that.

But yea, he definitely doesnt' suck that's hyperbole.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:32 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sacks always come in bunches. We always had this argument with Houston and company.

I think my argument is getting kinda misconstrued here. I don't have any worries that he'll be fine.

My thing is that the Chiefs D needs him to be more than fine. What he's done so far just isn't good enough for what they gave up and are paying.

I think Frank agrees as he's said so, so I'm not really worried that it won't come hopefully.
I think the core of your argument is that you expect him to be more disruptive (stats aside) on a down to down basis than he has been. Is that fair?
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I think the core of your argument is that you expect him to be more disruptive (stats aside) on a down to down basis than he has been. Is that fair?
Yep.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:43 AM 09-16-2019
This is essentially pre-season for the starting DL, they haven't truly have their legs under them. The Ravens game and on we'll see an improvement.
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 09-16-2019

Chris Jones vs Raiders in Week 2:

1 sack
6 pressures
1 PBU
1 run stop for no gain

That's a dominant afternoon against an offense that wanted to get the ball out in 2.1 seconds on average.

— Craig Stout (@barleyhop) September 16, 2019


This is a dominant game. I'm gonna guess he gets doubled and such too.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 189
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up