ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>DeNiro, Pacino, Pesci, Scorsese.....The Irishman trailer
Deberg_1990 10:21 PM 07-31-2019
Holy shit. Probably the last hurrah for these guys. Looks great

Scorsese. De Niro. Pacino. Pesci. THE IRISHMAN. Get ready. pic.twitter.com/xYyaOapXXZ

— Netflix Film (@NetflixFilm) July 31, 2019

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:07 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
I just finished watching this and I was impressed. I like the way the story came together.

It was much more about the whole interaction between the mob and the teamsters than a movie of violence.

Al Pacino was probably my least favorite as he has become a caricature of himself as he is over the top and the last 10 roles all seem like he is doing the same thing. He didn't come across as Hoffa in anyway to me. Bad casting on that one role.

I thought Pesci was great and played his part very subdued.

Also a lot of this action took place a lot further in the past than it came across in the movie. It was the early to mid 50's into the late 70s. It felt like mid to late 60's to early 80s.

Overall I give it an 8.5-9 out of 10
Yea Pacino was definitely in “because she’s got a great ass!!” Mode.

He did have the one classic scene I mentioned earlier about being late to the Miami meeting.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 04:43 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
It's the first truly interactive movie. It's so long the audience ages and dies along with the characters.
:-)
[Reply]
banecat 05:38 PM 12-01-2019
The end of an era ended very well
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:59 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea Pacino was definitely in “because she’s got a great ass!!” Mode.

He did have the one classic scene I mentioned earlier about being late to the Miami meeting.
yeah, Pacino ranting about wearing clothes to a meeting scene was fantastic.:-)
[Reply]
Great Expectations 03:37 PM 12-02-2019
Pacino hasn’t been good for a very long time. Scent of a Woman was probably his last really good acting performance.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:33 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Pacino hasn’t been good for a very long time. Scent of a Woman was probably his last really good acting performance.
He had a few good ones after that (Heat, Donnie Brasco, Insomnia), but the last good movie he's been in that I've seen was Insomnia, and that was made 17 years ago.

He's like a caricature of himself now.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:42 PM 12-02-2019
I watched it over the weekend and was impressed.

Pesci was the best and Harvey Keitel was pretty badass as well.

A couple of Big mob hits were accounted for in this one. It makes you wonder if this guy really hit them or not- seems pretty plausible, especially with Crazy Joe Gallo.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:56 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He had a few good ones after that (Heat, Donnie Brasco, Insomnia), but the last good movie he's been in that I've seen was Insomnia, and that was made 17 years ago.

He's like a caricature of himself now.
I would agree with this. He was still good in the 90s.

And his last great movie was Insomnia before this one.

Alot of his movies over the past 17-18 years have been made with inferior talent and direct to home video stuff.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:11 PM 12-03-2019
The pacing dragged. I had to break it into parts to finish it. It was a good watch but, unlike Marty's other films, I wouldn't watch it again. The Action Bronson Cameo (even though I'm a fan of his music and TV show) was...interesting, to say the least.
[Reply]
Pasta Giant Meatball 12:18 PM 12-03-2019
I watched it in 2 parts and it was fine. No time for movies that long or I'd have no trouble finishing.
[Reply]
Cheater5 04:25 PM 12-03-2019
While I watched it I felt at the end that is was three actors who should have just faded away playing the same style of role they have always played in a story that nobody cares about.


So I made it through 30 minutes and got done with it post haste...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:31 PM 12-03-2019
I watched about 40 minutes over lunch.

Are we sure this movie is good? I mean, watching a computer generated DeNiro 'savagely pummel' the shop owner with a series of old man kicks and foot stomps that couldn't put out a lit cigarette made me long for the days of Sonny Corleone's phantom punch on Carlo.

I'm kinda concerned at this point that this movie might suck. We shall see...
[Reply]
Dayze 08:17 AM 12-04-2019
I liked it. But, DeNiro was paid to basically just stare into a camera for a crazy mount of time.

Pacino was....Pacino of late. Cartoonish. Didn’t believe him as Hoffa at all. Pesci was really good. Subdued , but powerful.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:40 AM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I liked it. But, DeNiro was paid to basically just stare into a camera for a crazy mount of time.

Pacino was....Pacino of late. Cartoonish. Didn’t believe him as Hoffa at all. Pesci was really good. Subdued , but powerful.
Go back 20 years and tell me that ANYONE would've thought Joe Pesci would've 'won' a movie w/ DeNiro and Pacino.

Even in Goodfellas he seemed overmatched by DeNiro (who was in the midst of his prime, IMO) and Liota.

I think they may have overplayed the 'understated quasi Mafia-Don' persona, but I don't know Buffalino's history all that well.

The 50's and 60's were such a fascinating time for NY Organized crime. All the post-war jockeying of the families to establish territory in the wake of Luciano's deportation makes for some good reading. Luciano himself is a really interesting character as well with Lansky and Siegel. Luciano essentially created the 'NY Mafia' as we know it.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:05 AM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I watched about 40 minutes over lunch.

Are we sure this movie is good? I mean, watching a computer generated DeNiro 'savagely pummel' the shop owner with a series of old man kicks and foot stomps that couldn't put out a lit cigarette made me long for the days of Sonny Corleone's phantom punch on Carlo.

I'm kinda concerned at this point that this movie might suck. We shall see...
I got an hour and a half in and never went back. It's just an old, tired, copy of a copy of a copy. Vastly overrated.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up