ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>DeNiro, Pacino, Pesci, Scorsese.....The Irishman trailer
Deberg_1990 10:21 PM 07-31-2019
Holy shit. Probably the last hurrah for these guys. Looks great

Scorsese. De Niro. Pacino. Pesci. THE IRISHMAN. Get ready. pic.twitter.com/xYyaOapXXZ

— Netflix Film (@NetflixFilm) July 31, 2019

[Reply]
srvy 11:36 PM 07-31-2019
This one I am really looking forward to after being hyped for Once upon a time then letdown. Hopefully Scorsese wont make the same mistake.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:06 AM 08-01-2019
Definitely looks really good. And with a reportedly / estimated $200 million dollar budget Netflix has a ton riding on this. Really liked the trailer and I hope the de aging special effects won't be too distracting.

Oh and welcome back Mr Pesci!
[Reply]
scho63 05:33 AM 08-01-2019
I've loved these guys in just about everything but some look completely miscast.

DeNiro comes across so unbelievable as an Irishman and looks just like a "Italian Gangster"

Pacino not even close to being like Hoffa despite the heavy makeover
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:43 AM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
I've loved these guys in just about everything but some look completely miscast.

DeNiro comes across so unbelievable as an Irishman and looks just like a "Italian Gangster"

FWIW, he was also Irish in Goodfellas (Jimmy Burke).
[Reply]
RN47 11:21 AM 08-01-2019
DeNiro is 75, Pesci is 76, and Pacino is 79. A geriatric mobster movie.

I want it to be good, but I am not optimistic; none of these guys are what they used to be.
[Reply]
scho63 11:36 AM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
FWIW, he was also Irish in Goodfellas (Jimmy Burke).
And he wasn't believable as an Irishman in that either. The first time he appears in Goodfellas coming into the illegal gambling den he was 100% Italian but pretending to be Irish. Not believable :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:36 AM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by RN47:
DeNiro is 75, Pesci is 76, and Pacino is 79. A geriatric mobster movie.

I want it to be good, but I am not optimistic; none of these guys are what they used to be.
Thatís why they are using the advanced CGI de-aging stuff.

Scorsese still has it. I trust him.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:37 AM 08-01-2019
Pass. Not putting any more money in DeNiro's pocket.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:38 AM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by RN47:
DeNiro is 75, Pesci is 76, and Pacino is 79. A geriatric mobster movie.

I want it to be good, but I am not optimistic; none of these guys are what they used to be.
this.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 11:39 AM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Thatís why they are using the advanced CGI de-aging stuff.

Scorsese still has it. I trust him.
I'm curious how movement is going to look. CGI de-aging or not. A 75 year old guy just can't move like a 40-something.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:28 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Pass. Not putting any more money in DeNiro's pocket.
Ditto or watch anything he has ever done!
[Reply]
Frazod 03:06 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Ditto or watch anything he has ever done!
I'm not going to swear off his earlier stuff - that's already bought and paid for and he's simply been in too many of the greatest movies ever made that I love. There's also a big difference between the person he was and the raging, noxious buffoon he is now. At least I hope so.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:17 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'm not going to swear off his earlier stuff - that's already bought and paid for and he's simply been in too many of the greatest movies ever made that I love. There's also a big difference between the person he was and the raging, noxious buffoon he is now. At least I hope so.
I've got Taxi Driver on DVD and over years have seen it 20 times. I'll never watch it again. It's amazing how these guys all become so political once they made it and don't need the money anymore. Now if Pacino became a jerk, I might have a problem, I still haven't watched Dog Day Afternoon quite enough times. Then again, all I would have to do is put on 88 minutes, the worse piece of crap Pacino has ever made. A better title would of been Cell Phone.


[Reply]
kcxiv 03:23 PM 08-01-2019
Will watch, dont have a Netflix sub anymore though, but ill sub for this! Plus i need to finish off a few other of their shows!

Also, he's probably always been the way he is, just didnt feel the need to speak up until recently for good reason! Dont really need to get into all that, no point really! Anyways, like i said, once it hits Netflix, will watch!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up