Easy 6 03:06 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You can wear one if you want to be called a pussy all game
I genuinely can't see anyone wearing that shit, they'd never hear the end of it
[Reply]
DaFace 03:12 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
They wear them in practice all the time. I suspect that fans would make a much bigger deal out of it than players.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:34 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
They wear them in practice all the time. I suspect that fans would make a much bigger deal out of it than players.
I totally get it for practice, but my money says very few if any of them actually wear it... we'll find out soon enough
[Reply]
DaFace 03:45 PM 04-26-2024
I totally get it for practice, but my money says very few if any of them actually wear it... we'll find out soon enough
Yeah, I doubt that any of them will wear it for every game, but I'm thinking of cases like Tua getting like 3 concussions in a single season a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if guys who have already had one decide to wear it for a few games just to be safe.
[Reply]
warpaint* 04:03 PM 04-26-2024
Initially I agree but eventually it'll be normalized & we'll all get used to it players included & they'll wear them. Assuming technology doesn't change of course.
[Reply]
Smed1065 11:38 AM 04-27-2024
Health versus other peoples laughter. I'll take health so I can make millions more and be able to enjoy it, instead of worrying bout others thoughts.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:19 PM 04-27-2024
Pretty much why no one shoots free throws granny style in the NBA.

People are more concerned about being made fun of than doing something effectively.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:27 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You can wear one if you want to be called a pussy all game
Real men support their team by just going into concussion protocol.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:28 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Real men just go into concussion protocol.
Do we have any data on if it turns them gay?
[Reply]
scho63 01:32 PM 04-26-2024
Makes the player look reeruned.

Next the team will arrive on a short bus.
[Reply]
alanm 05:54 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Makes the player look reeruned.

Next the team will arrive on a short bus.
They'll be all the rage in Denver. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:00 AM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Old men will be really mad
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Tua’s career has been extended another season.
Yep, pretty much! The phrase "bubble wrap generation" has literally finally come to fruition!

This game is getting harder to watch more and more every year. Bad enough, having women referees, let alone all of the rule changes and hamstringing defenses in those rule changes for the most part.

The only rules I will agree with is helmet to helmet, o-linemen protection of engagement of only 1 person, negating chop blocks, sacking QBs below the waist and blindside hitting defensless players not involved in the play. However conversely, I have never liked the horse collar rule, regardless of how many knee injuries have occurred. Weird I know, but just never liked that particular rule. Too old school, I get it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:58 PM 04-27-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Yep, pretty much! The phrase "bubble wrap generation" has literally finally come to fruition!

This game is getting harder to watch more and more every year. Bad enough, having women referees, let alone all of the rule changes and hamstringing defenses in those rule changes for the most part.

The only rules I will agree with is helmet to helmet, o-linemen protection of engagement of only 1 person, negating chop blocks, sacking QBs below the waist and blindside hitting defensless players not involved in the play. However conversely, I have never liked the horse collar rule, regardless of how many knee injuries have occurred. Weird I know, but just never liked that particular rule. Too old school, I get it.
Lol, watch any Barry Sanders reel; it’s almost all horse collars. He’d have another 2000 yds and 30 TDs if that rule had been in place in the ‘90s.

And yeah the strike zone on QBs is ludicrous. As is the “can’t fall on the QB with your full weight.”

I’m fairly sure that once Pat retires I’ll stop watching the NFL, same as I stopped watching the NBA after MJ left. And as I’m quickly losing interest in MLB now that Yadi is gone.

The game is trending towards something that doesn’t really resemble the game I grew up watching and the version it’s becoming won’t be worth my attention once Mahomes hangs them up.

Probably for the best; will mean a lot more time for fly-fishing.:-)
[Reply]
Otter 01:43 PM 04-26-2024
How has no one come up with a jab at Rain Man involving a French bicyclist yet?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:43 PM 04-26-2024
It looks a little silly, but it doesn't bother me that they're making it an option. I'd guess this will primarily come into play for guys who have recently had concussions.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up