ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Ford Vs Ferrari trailer
Deberg_1990 09:12 PM 06-02-2019
OK, i know absolutely nothing about this story, but the trailer looks kickass.

im in!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:20 PM 06-02-2019
Mild quibble that I hope doesn't become a driving force in the story.

The actual story is plenty exciting and dramatic, and has been told very well many times.

There's no need to toss the standard generic Hollywood dramatic flair into the mix.

Don't create scenes and scenarios, no matter how minor, just to fit the reality to the Hollywood mold.

Some of the scenes in the trailer have me fearing that they've done this, and I hope it's just amateurish trailer editing.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 10:29 PM 06-02-2019
Gt 40 i need it in my veins.
[Reply]
srvy 04:32 PM 06-03-2019
My quibble is Matt Damon, other than that looks ok.
[Reply]
luv 11:49 AM 11-15-2019
Going to see this on Sunday!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:52 AM 11-15-2019
Yes. Getting good reviews. Will see soon!
[Reply]
sully1983 05:36 AM 11-16-2019
Saw it yesterday with some friends and DAMN it was so good! You don't even need to know anything about cars or racing to enjoy this one. Mangold did a superb job at keeping things really interesting/entertaining through out. And I wasn't expecting it to be that funny but it was. Bale was tremendous in this. Definitely recommend you seeing this in theaters. Its a solid crowd pleaser and movie for adults.
[Reply]
wheeler08 06:40 AM 11-17-2019
Watched this Friday around 2pm. New theater that served beer and had leather reclining seats. Simply amazing. I haven’t been to a movie that wasn’t animated in a long time. Glad to see theaters stepping up their game to get people to come to the movies. It worked on me, can’t wait to go see another movie there!
Anyway, awesome movie. I didn’t know anything about the story. Never watched an endurance race in my life, but was very interested in this. I like a movie that gets me to do research after I watch it. Same thing with “Rush” that was one of the best movies I’d ever seen. I’d put this up there with that. It’s amazing how Bale transforms himself for a role. Is there any other actor that is as hardcore as him? I can’t think of anyone. I thought he looked skinny in this, and then I read he lost 40 or 60 pounds for this role. And if you look up pics of the guy he played, he was that skinny also!
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:13 AM 11-17-2019
Your point is a good one but Daniel Day Lewis is pretty hardcore himself.
[Reply]
wheeler08 11:59 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Your point is a good one but Daniel Day Lewis is pretty hardcore himself.
I never could stand him!
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:22 PM 11-17-2019
The Documentory about it is called the 24 hour war
[Reply]
DaFace 02:01 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Saw it yesterday with some friends and DAMN it was so good! You don't even need to know anything about cars or racing to enjoy this one. Mangold did a superb job at keeping things really interesting/entertaining through out. And I wasn't expecting it to be that funny but it was. Bale was tremendous in this. Definitely recommend you seeing this in theaters. Its a solid crowd pleaser and movie for adults.
Agree with all of this. I'm not a huge car guy, but I thought it was great. Bale has an outside shot at an Oscar for his performance. It's been a while since a movie got my adrenaline pumping like this one did!
[Reply]
DaFace 02:03 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Watched this Friday around 2pm. New theater that served beer and had leather reclining seats. Simply amazing. I haven’t been to a movie that wasn’t animated in a long time. Glad to see theaters stepping up their game to get people to come to the movies. It worked on me, can’t wait to go see another movie there!
Reserved seats, recliners, and booze have completely changed going to the movies for me. For a decade or so, we probably went to about one a year. But then our theater made the shift a few years ago, and we're probably averaging more like 7-10 a year. It's WAY nicer to not have to get there early and awkwardly squeeze in between people to get decent seats. And yeah, booze helps. A lot of places are stepping up their food game, too.
[Reply]
wheeler08 05:03 PM 11-17-2019
Yea I was taken back by the reserved seats. Didn’t check out food, but the seats had a nice tray for food. It would def make me go more often. I want to see Midway next weekend
[Reply]
wheeler08 05:05 PM 11-17-2019
I seen online a theatre farther south in Indy had food that they brought to your seat during the movie. I don’t think I would like that distraction
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up