ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Media Center>Jedi: Fallen Order
keg in kc 06:28 PM 04-13-2019
Single player only. No microtransactions or lootboxes. Developed by Respawn Entertainment (Titanfall, Apex Legends) using Unreal Engine. Stars Cameron Monaghan as Cal Kestis, a Jedi Padawan who survived Order 66.

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:28 AM 11-21-2019
How much DLC is there in this game?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:30 AM 11-21-2019
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:32 AM 11-21-2019
It just came out.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:34 AM 11-21-2019
There's something extremely satisfying about blocking at the right time to bounce a Stormtrooper's blaster bolt back at them and kill them in one hit.
[Reply]
Fish 10:05 AM 11-21-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:
i have this as part of EA access, should i play this?> Is it just a linear story platformer? I totally missed out on any marketing for this thing
I've got quite a bit of play time in so far. It's just OK. I was expecting more..

Too much like Dark Souls style play for my liking. You have to find a rest point to save the game and fill up your health stuff. If you die, you lose all the XP since your last save, all the enemies are regenerated, and you have to go and attack the enemy that killed you to get it back. The lightsaber is really only able to be cosmetically customized, which is disappointing. The Jedi skill tree isn't that exciting. Armor and clothing is just cosmetic. The story is very linear. No in game choices or dialog variation. There's usually only one way in or out of an area, and sometimes it can be super frustrating to find your way back out once you finish the quest. Most games provide a quick exit from the area once you defeat the boss or complete the mission. This game makes you slog back through the entire map. No fast travel. There's lots of puzzles presented to you, which aren't capable of being unlocked until you get something else from another planet you encounter 10hrs later. Then you have to go back and traverse that planet once again, and usually have to travel a long ways just to get back to some tempting treasure chest you previously saw, only to find out it's just a stupid new piece for your lightsaber that doesn't change the functionality at all. The map does conveniently show you the location of spots that are unexplored/locked/etc. though.

The Dark Souls style "Hit an enemy, and dodge/roll 30 times, hit enemy again, repeat for 5 minutes" is definitely annoying for me sometimes. It forces you to block/parry/dodge/roll like a cracked out gymnast instead of just doing some cool efficient Jedi takedown. It just doesn't feel very Jedi-like to me. The graphics are very cool though. The creatures are neat.

If you have access to it for free, I'd give it a run.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:12 AM 11-21-2019
fish is lazy
[Reply]
Fish 08:45 PM 11-21-2019

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:19 PM 11-21-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
I've got quite a bit of play time in so far. It's just OK. I was expecting more..

Too much like Dark Souls style play for my liking. You have to find a rest point to save the game and fill up your health stuff. If you die, you lose all the XP since your last save, all the enemies are regenerated, and you have to go and attack the enemy that killed you to get it back. The lightsaber is really only able to be cosmetically customized, which is disappointing. The Jedi skill tree isn't that exciting. Armor and clothing is just cosmetic. The story is very linear. No in game choices or dialog variation. There's usually only one way in or out of an area, and sometimes it can be super frustrating to find your way back out once you finish the quest. Most games provide a quick exit from the area once you defeat the boss or complete the mission. This game makes you slog back through the entire map. No fast travel. There's lots of puzzles presented to you, which aren't capable of being unlocked until you get something else from another planet you encounter 10hrs later. Then you have to go back and traverse that planet once again, and usually have to travel a long ways just to get back to some tempting treasure chest you previously saw, only to find out it's just a stupid new piece for your lightsaber that doesn't change the functionality at all. The map does conveniently show you the location of spots that are unexplored/locked/etc. though.

The Dark Souls style "Hit an enemy, and dodge/roll 30 times, hit enemy again, repeat for 5 minutes" is definitely annoying for me sometimes. It forces you to block/parry/dodge/roll like a cracked out gymnast instead of just doing some cool efficient Jedi takedown. It just doesn't feel very Jedi-like to me. The graphics are very cool though. The creatures are neat.

If you have access to it for free, I'd give it a run.
I hate Dark Souls gameplay, a definite avoid for me.
[Reply]
007 05:52 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I hate Dark Souls gameplay, a definite avoid for me.
I won't play any game that doesn't save on the fly after trying dark souls. fucking HATED that game.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:56 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
I won't play any game that doesn't save on the fly after trying dark souls. ****ing HATED that game.
Some people love frustration simulators

[Reply]
hometeam 07:35 PM 11-23-2019
TBH im not a fan of dark souls at all. I might watch some twitch gameplay before deciding to spend my time on this.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:03 AM 11-30-2019
Wal-Mart has the Deluxe Edition on sale for $50 if anyone is wanting to pick up this game.

Link.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:08 PM 04-20-2020
Finally sat down to play this.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

The opening level with the goddamn sarlacc in the middle of an Imperial scrapyard...HOLY SHIT.

[Reply]
Simply Red 02:03 AM 04-21-2020
I'm about halfway through - it's okay - the funny, ironic part is its name, "Fallen Order' because the order of doing shit is awful. It's fun when you're not stuck.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:06 AM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by hometeam:
i have this as part of EA access, should i play this?> Is it just a linear story platformer? I totally missed out on any marketing for this thing
Though it's not exclusive to GS - Gamestop pimped it the most and rolled out bundles w/ bullshit like figure pins and Purge Trooper 6 inch figures.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up