ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>Jedi: Fallen Order
keg in kc 06:28 PM 04-13-2019
Single player only. No microtransactions or lootboxes. Developed by Respawn Entertainment (Titanfall, Apex Legends) using Unreal Engine. Stars Cameron Monaghan as Cal Kestis, a Jedi Padawan who survived Order 66.

[Reply]
Bowser 04:56 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
I've got an itchy trigger finger for this one.
Yep. May just get off of here and go grab it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:58 AM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yep. May just get off of here and go grab it.
waiting for that Chiefs loss so i can fuck off for two weeks
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:25 AM 11-18-2019
It's really good, I'm only on my third planet right now, basically after the intro sequence you go from planet to planet to complete your mission.

Each planet is larger than it looks, it reminds me of Super Mario Odyssey to a point where you have some many chests, force power and health upgrades, and extra enemies/bosses to kill and scan for more xp. I just got done with the second planet on Saturday and when I went to the ships holocron to select my next destination, I saw that I didn't even get half the chests for that planet, making me want to go back as chests have visual skin upgrades for BD-1 (your droid) and your lightsaber. It's almost Metroid like how you know you can't access an area yet, because you haven't gotten that force power yet, so you'll have to come back before you can uncover more of the planet.

You can customize your lightsaber in five different parts; color, and then the rest are cosmetic. BD-1 throws you health stims when you click the up direction and you only get so many of them and can increase the amount they heal you by in your talent tree. When you rest at a meditation circle it refills your health and stims but respawns enemies like Dark Souls.

It's a great mashup of many different styles, which some might say doesn't make it unique, and I could see that, but it does the mashup very well. The movement and combat is a mashup of Assassin's Creed and Dark Souls. When you say Dark Souls, people can sigh, but you control the difficulty so the hits aren't as punishing if you mess up a dodge. The other Dark Souls part is that you have meditation circles throughout the map that serve as respawn points. At the difficulty I was at, if I died all I had to do was go back to the enemy that killed me and hit them once so I get all my xp back. It's much more forgiving than Dark Souls.

Every planet has puzzles that are reminiscent of Tomb Raider; use your force push to push balls into pits to activate more platforms that you'll climb to get to the next part of the puzzle. Nothing difficult thus far, but fun for the exploration of each of the planets.

The story is pretty cool as well and it gets going right away. The intro sequence can be done in 10-15 minutes easy, and it packs a good deal into there. I'm mixed on the protagonist, Cal is great when he's talking with BD-1 or bantering with the ship's captain and other crew member. He's one note, when it comes to his delivery, but he's okay and believable as a Jedi.

I definitely agree with the reviewers thus far, it's impressive that an EA title and a Star Wars game can be a great game, but they seem to have put a good amount of effort into it. When Anthem came out, I bought Origin for the year, mistake for the Anthem part of it, but it allowed me to play Madden and now this so I feel like I've got my money's worth as if I would've bought all three of those games it would've cost me $180 with only about $40 of that coming back through trade ins I feel after I'm done with it. I love Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Prince of Persia, Dark Souls, Tomb Raider and Star Wars and this game mixes them all together pretty seamlessly.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:49 AM 11-18-2019
Respawn is a solid studio.

Now Titanfall 3, please and thank you.*

Or 2 remastered for the next gen consoles. Those maps are dope AF.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:10 PM 11-18-2019
Is this a game where you have to precision jump everywhere, and if you do it wrong you constantly die?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:42 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Is this a game where you have to precision jump everywhere, and if you do it wrong you constantly die?
No.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:19 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No.
That's good.

The last single player Star Wars game I played was like that, and it pissed me off so much I never even bothered to finish it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:59 PM 11-18-2019

[Reply]
Fish 06:12 PM 11-18-2019
It's now cracked, FYI...
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:44 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
It's now cracked, FYI...
Sweet still nothing on RDR 2 tho.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:52 PM 11-18-2019
https://www.iptorrents.com/details.php?id=3639291
[Reply]
Fish 05:12 PM 11-20-2019
Man, fuck those goat creatures. JFC.... goddamn Jedi can't take down a fucking goat...
[Reply]
hometeam 07:37 PM 11-20-2019
i have this as part of EA access, should i play this?> Is it just a linear story platformer? I totally missed out on any marketing for this thing
[Reply]
Sorry 03:36 AM 11-21-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:
i have this as part of EA access, should i play this?> Is it just a linear story platformer? I totally missed out on any marketing for this thing
Just try it for yourself brah
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:25 AM 11-21-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:
from all reports, you won't be disappointed

60+ hours
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up