ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Media Center>Division 2
Imon Yourside 03:56 PM 02-11-2019

I have to say I was completely blown away by the beta for this, this maybe my favorite game ever or one of them. It achieves what the first one didn't free roaming pve loot shooter goodness with great item randomization. The Enemy AI is really improved from the first game. I was sad to see the beta go at 3 am this morning. Anyone else looking forward to this?
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:25 PM 02-11-2019
So is it like Destiny? Where you're completing solo missions but other players are in the same world and can join in at any time?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:43 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So is it like Destiny? Where you're completing solo missions but other players are in the same world and can join in at any time?
Yes it's similar, you can either do solo or up to 4 players and it has matchmaking. Your world IS instanced though other than the Dark Zone. As far as I know you have to actually join up to do missions or open world stuff etc
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:47 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Yes it's similar, you can either do solo or up to 4 players and it has matchmaking. Your world IS instanced though other than the Dark Zone. As far as I know you have to actually join up to do missions or open world stuff etc
Is the story mode worth the price of the game? I generally don't have time to play multiplayer games that much.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:50 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Is the story mode worth the price of the game? I generally don't have time to play multiplayer games that much.
No. You'll be grinding the same missions over and over again end game for better PVP equipment. Rent the game if you're only interested in the campaign.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:52 PM 02-11-2019
I was watching Rad Brad's walkthough last night - looks legit.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:54 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
No. You'll be grinding the same missions over and over again end game for better PVP equipment. Rent the game if you're only interested in the campaign.
Division 2 has a far better endgame than Division 1. There is literally tons of freeroam stuff to do. Public events, taking back settlements and supplying those settlements. And the endgame also features Invaded areas and missions where the black tusks will literally make the zones more dangerous and fun than the darkzone in Division 1.

The 3rd person cover shooting reminds me a lot of Mass Effect 3 one of the coolest games of all time. It's fun just to wreck stuff with the guns and such.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:59 PM 02-11-2019
Well, that's good. Hopefully they learned their lesson from the last game and have crafting perfected from the get go instead of the bullshit they pulled with the first game.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:24 PM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, that's good. Hopefully they learned their lesson from the last game and have crafting perfected from the get go instead of the bullshit they pulled with the first game.
I agree the first game left so much potential wasted. There just wasn't enough to do but this time it appears they've listened and quite well. Tons of endgame things to do, with this and Anthem coming within a month of each other it's probably the best time in gaming ever and that goes back to Castle Wolfenstein in phosphorous on the apple 2. Good times.

Side mission gameplay

[Reply]
007 11:51 PM 02-11-2019
Division 1 was fun with friends and boring as hell solo. Not planning on getting this one at all because I don't want to fall into that trap again since I prefer solo play over MP.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:10 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Division 1 was fun with friends and boring as hell solo. Not planning on getting this one at all because I don't want to fall into that trap again since I prefer solo play over MP.
You're supposed to be able to solo about anything but raids in Division 2. Destiny has pretty much been a snoozefest since I bought it. Still left wondering what was ever so great about it.

The immersion of Division certainly holds some merit, I guess you have to love cover shooters to appreciate it but it's by far my favorite genre. Mass Effect 3 got me addicted to it and other than Gears of war I do wish there was more in this category.

I do however understand where you're coming from Division 1 lacked the vision this one seems to have nailed. the Open world roaming stuff is my favorite part of it whereas Division 1 nothing about the Lightzone was fun just a big boring open space.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:51 PM 02-12-2019
Open beta for everyone March 1st to 4th

[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:04 AM 02-13-2019
Played about 12 hours of the private beta. Mechanically, feels a lot like D1, with a palette swap to foliage instead of snow. Feels better than D1 but still has issues. I'm not a PvP guy, so I'll just be playing this with buddies for the story. I have a better feeling about Anthem than D2 after playing both.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:27 PM 02-28-2019
Just as an FYI, the OPEN beta starts tomorrow for basically the weekend. ANYONE can try it out for free. Should be on UPLAY now for preload, although I haven't checked.

Aspen i'm a PVE player too but this game offers FAR more PVE endgame content than Division 1 ever did. Challenging bad guys all over the place in the light zone Free roam.

I'll be rotating this and Anthem once this releases on March 15th.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:08 AM 03-07-2019

[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up