Simply Red 02:35 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
I guess I want to see this film now.
Everybody seems to rate it well
Have you seen Hostels yet?
[Reply]
O.city 02:37 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He was superb. Killmonger was definitely one of the best villain roles in the entire MCU films. Its too bad he had to die, but i understand why they did it. It was a reason for T'Challa to change his stance on his countries isolationism. Loved the wrap around story and the way they tied it together at the end in Oakland.

That line by Killmonger too " My ancestors knew it was better to die by jumping off the boats than live a life in chains" was great. I cant believe that made it into a Disney 4 quadrant movie.
Yeah, I had just thought it’d be cool to have him stay around, as they had to burn that actor and such in just one movie.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:40 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Lots of racial division in this thread - just saying, pull it together guys.

Thanks!
Timely

[Reply]
Simply Red 02:45 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Timely

:-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:06 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He was superb. Killmonger was definitely one of the best villain roles in the entire MCU films. Its too bad he had to die, but i understand why they did it. It was a reason for T'Challa to change his stance on his countries isolationism. Loved the wrap around story and the way they tied it together at the end in Oakland.

That line by Killmonger too " My ancestors knew it was better to die by jumping off the boats than live a life in chains" was great. I cant believe that made it into a Disney 4 quadrant movie.
Killmonger's modus operandi is kicking T'Challa's ass, and always coming back or staying alive. If they go by the comic continuity he'll be resurrected.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:21 PM 02-19-2018
Good movie...but not great.

Funny how T'Challa/Black Panther was for Wakandian interests first, borders etc.

Then the oppressive black character of Michael B Jordan gets him to change his mind at the end to open up bridges to other nations.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:30 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

Funny how T'Challa/Black Panther was for Wakandian interests first, borders etc.

Then the oppressive black character of Michael B Jordan gets him to change his mind at the end to open up bridges to other nations.
Racist
[Reply]
listopencil 03:55 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

He could have stood up at a press conference and said "I am Black Panther" like Iron Man but some cop would have just shot at him.

There you go. I hope that was the politics that you wanted injected into the thread.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:11 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
He could have stood up at a press conference and said "I am Black Panther" like Iron Man but some cop would have just shot at him.

There you go. I hope that was the politics that you wanted injected into the thread.
Racist.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:20 PM 02-19-2018

[Reply]
listopencil 04:25 PM 02-19-2018
Racist.
NSFW language:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Graystoke 08:00 PM 02-19-2018
Have you seen Hostels yet?
No, not yet. I just looked it up, kind of looks intense
[Reply]
underEJ 02:19 AM 02-20-2018
I loved it. Hype is totally deserved. My mild criticism of some battle action being a little confusing and/or boring is tempered by some simple facts that place this film well above other marvel fare (of which I am a fan.). Marvel is not known for visually beautiful films but this is absolutely a leap forward for them. The performances especially from Michael B.Jordan and Chadwick Boseman are fresh, dynamic and layered, best complete cast in ages. I even loved Andy Serkis and I have a vendetta against him for how he disrespects animators. Nice to see him deliver all by himself. It was great world building, great cultural development, and at its core great story with emotional stakes and a deeply personal primary conflict which is refreshing in a huge marvel movie. I loved the ritual combat fights just found the larger end battle and the Korea fight and chase a little confusing and boring. Also, the fighting rhinos looked like shit. Overall, it is now my favorite marvel movie.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:01 AM 02-20-2018
Just to give a bit of an example of how far Marvel is ahead of DC right now.

Black Panther (four day totals): Domestic: $235,000,000
Justice League (Full run totals): Domestic: $228,616,472

Black Panther's way ahead of Doctor Strange and Thor: Ragnarok, too, but they also finished with higher domestic box totals than Justice League.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 14
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up