ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Media Center>USA: Mr. Robot
keg in kc 07:40 PM 06-25-2015
Premiered on Wednesday. Apparently the pilot's been online for a month, has all kind of critical acclaim, to the point that they gave it a second season before the pilot even aired. All I can say is go watch it if you haven't. It's pretty badass.

Full ep at the link or on demand
http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/vi...hellofriendmov
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:02 PM 07-11-2016
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I really dug this show. It did start a lot stronger than it finished, with doing away with some of the plot devices like his addiction. And I was hoping this show would become more of a cyber Dexter ( ala destroying shitty people's lives and putting it on a CD in his collection ) rather than the strange fight club esque story line. The kid is a helluva actor though.
Outside of the last sentence, I feel the exact opposite.
[Reply]
Third Eye 11:52 PM 07-13-2016
Anybody pick up on what Scott Knowles was threatened with on the phone? It's something like, "You've got 10 seconds to do what it says or [no idea] gets bricked." Obviously it's in reference to the highjack of their systems, but I just could not understand what was actually said.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:14 AM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I really dug this show. It did start a lot stronger than it finished, with doing away with some of the plot devices like his addiction. And I was hoping this show would become more of a cyber Dexter ( ala destroying shitty people's lives and putting it on a CD in his collection ) rather than the strange fight club esque story line. The kid is a helluva actor though.
According to the creator it's a 3 part story.

Once it became a series he got to flesh out more of his ideas and it's looking to be a 3 year/season show.

I also like the twist on the Fight Club storyline:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Third Eye 11:11 PM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by Rausch:
According to the creator it's a 3 part story.

Once it became a series he got to flesh out more of his ideas and it's looking to be a 3 year/season show.

I also like the twist on the Fight Club storyline:

Spoiler!
Do we really need to spoiler this? I'll continue because of precedence.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 07:11 AM 07-20-2016
Originally Posted by Third Eye:

Spoiler!
We know he has 3.

HE HAS 3.

My argument is he has more than that.

Spoiler!

All are possible.

My guess is he limits our humble narrator to one personality for the ID, EGO, and Super-EGO...
[Reply]
Buck 11:13 AM 07-20-2016
Is this on tonight? I can't remember if it's Wednesdays or not.
[Reply]
Buck 11:14 AM 07-20-2016
Do yourself a favor and stay out of the Mr Robot subreddit. There is a theory going on around there that could be true, that I am kicking myself for reading about because if it is true, then it won't be a shock to me.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:20 PM 07-22-2016
I have a few VERY backlogged series I'm contemplating starting as there's nothing really new from the regular rotation and we're between conventions.

Mr. Robot is one I haven't started [also behind on or haven't started; OitNB, The Knick, Ray Donovan, Top of the Lake, Man in the High Castle, Peaky Blinders, Masters of Sex, Turn, etc].

Anything I should compare it to? Non-spoilery information to move it up or down the blacklog list?
[Reply]
listopencil 01:14 AM 07-23-2016
I watched the first season. I enjoyed the show...but parts of the finale were a bit much. Not unusually well written or unusually well acted. His father's soliloquy scene was actually goofy, and the family video playing on the large screen could have been pulled from a lesser Twilight Zone episode. Still, I was pleased with the season and the finale was entertaining.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:18 AM 07-23-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I have a few VERY backlogged series I'm contemplating starting as there's nothing really new from the regular rotation and we're between conventions.

Mr. Robot is one I haven't started [also behind on or haven't started; OitNB, The Knick, Ray Donovan, Top of the Lake, Man in the High Castle, Peaky Blinders, Masters of Sex, Turn, etc].

Anything I should compare it to? Non-spoilery information to move it up or down the blacklog list?

This was better than I thought it would be. Just sit through the saccharine sweetness of the "normal" people scenes on the outside. Also get used to the main character being the worst one in the show. It's got How I met Your Mother syndrome. Great supporting characters but the star is crap.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:04 AM 08-07-2016
I hope they clarify how Ray caught Elliott being on his black market website
[Reply]
Chieficus 08:38 AM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I hope they clarify how Ray caught Elliott being on his black market website
Spoiler tags just in case...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:56 AM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by Chieficus:
Spoiler tags just in case...

Spoiler!
They didn't mention if they found the data on the computer or proceeded to want you mentioned
[Reply]
NewChief 01:08 PM 08-07-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Out of your other options, I've only watched a couple of them.

I feel that Peaky Blinders is superior to Mr. Robot and a much more enjoyable show.

OitNB has moments where it's superior and other moments where its' gratingly annoying.

Mr. Robot is good, but something just sort of turned me off to it by the end of the season. I'll definitely get back on it, though.
[Reply]
Chieficus 04:38 PM 08-11-2016
I was not expecting Alf.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up