ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 218 of 287
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:37 PM 11-26-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lol it is a cool name and Kurt Russell is pretty badass.

At this point I’m leaning toward not actually watching LA since NY just didn’t hit for me.
It's better with Fisty McTatt playing Snake Plisskin He's the real badass

[Reply]
Frazod 03:12 PM 11-26-2019
Lol it is a cool name and Kurt Russell is pretty badass.

At this point I’m leaning toward not actually watching LA since NY just didn’t hit for me.
Good call. I wish I could unsee it. One of the more disappointing sequels I've seen.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:54 PM 12-07-2019
Promising

[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:01 AM 12-22-2019
The new Hellboy was garbage. He spent half the movie running for his life, screaming and trying to be funny.

At one point he was nearly killed by like three regular ass humans with spears. I really don't know shit about the source material, but I don't buy a demon, the supposed harbinger of the apocalypse, getting his ass kicked by a few dudes with pointy sticks.

I will say, the Baba Yaga was really well done. Super gross and creepy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:48 PM 12-22-2019
Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

A movie about people having sex and absolutely nothing happened because of it.

No resolution.

Some girls went to Spain and had sex with a guy one summer.

That's it. That's the plot.

:-)

Enjoyed it, though.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:37 PM 12-23-2019
The new Hellboy was garbage. He spent half the movie running for his life, screaming and trying to be funny.

At one point he was nearly killed by like three regular ass humans with spears. I really don't know shit about the source material, but I don't buy a demon, the supposed harbinger of the apocalypse, getting his ass kicked by a few dudes with pointy sticks.

I will say, the Baba Yaga was really well done. Super gross and creepy.
Speaking of garbage, I watched the 2018 Robin Hood movie with Taron Egerton. Woof. It doesn't have to be very good at all and I'll watch that noise. Hell if the Kevin Costner version is on, I'll watch it. This is not that.

I really want to like Taron Egerton, but man he's put out some shit movies. This one falls right in line. Some of the action sequences are OK, most aren't. None of them have any consequence, and the actors know it and you know they know it. There is less than 0 plot. No stakes, no nothing. It's all an excuse to do some crazy choreographed fights.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:47 PM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Speaking of garbage, I watched the 2018 Robin Hood movie with Taron Egerton. Woof. It doesn't have to be very good at all and I'll watch that noise. Hell if the Kevin Costner version is on, I'll watch it. This is not that.

I really want to like Taron Egerton, but man he's put out some shit movies. This one falls right in line. Some of the action sequences are OK, most aren't. None of them have any consequence, and the actors know it and you know they know it. There is less than 0 plot. No stakes, no nothing. It's all an excuse to do some crazy choreographed fights.

Robin Hood is such a strange license.

It’s always around despite the fact that I feel like it’s never truly been all that popular in media. We all know the story but I can’t remember a single film that was a smash hit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:46 PM 12-23-2019

It’s always around despite the fact that I feel like it’s never truly been all that popular in media. We all know the story but I can’t remember a single film that was a smash hit.
The Costner one was a pretty big hit.

I really enjoyed the Crowe version, but I don't think it was deemed as very successful.

I don't know what this one did at the box office. Hopefully burned hard.

I'm a sucker for medieval flicks so I'll keep watching them.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:39 PM 12-24-2019
The only thing I ever liked about Hellboy was the wind-up Nazi.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:06 PM 12-26-2019
Watched Leap Year last night.

The only thing more beautiful than the Irish scenery was Amy Adams.
[Reply]
sully1983 03:38 PM 12-26-2019
I highly recommend seeing Uncut Gems in theaters folks. It was sensational and Adam Sandler gives a great great performance in it (Kevin Garnett was pretty good too and played a key role).
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:39 PM 12-26-2019

Yea. The Coster film was a gigantic hit in its era. And that Brian Adams song played constantly.

I never thought it was very good though.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:44 PM 12-26-2019
Guess that's on me 'cause the Costner flick was before my time. I've only ever seen brief snippets on YouTube of his horrendous accent.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:09 PM 12-26-2019
Guess that's on me 'cause the Costner flick was before my time. I've only ever seen brief snippets on YouTube of his horrendous accent.
LOL. Yeah. Him and Slater were just straight horrible castings. But it’s not a bad watch even with the age. Morgan Freeman and Alan Rickam are as good as Costner is bad.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:01 AM 12-27-2019
Watched the Green Book. Oof. There was some of that I had trouble swallowing.

All in all well done. There were approximately 487 billion places it could trip up, but managed to keep me in it the whole time. Performances were top notch all the way around. I don’t remember how it was reviewed but I thought it was excellent. Especially Mortensen, I didn’t know he had that character in him LOL.
[Reply]
Page 218 of 287
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268 > Last »
Up