ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>any new RTS PC Games?
wheeler08 03:25 PM 11-13-2019
I used to play like Command and Conquer, Warcraft II, there was a WWII game I used to play but I can't remember the name of it. Any kinda of games like these, these days? Where you have to build up resources and army? I only like playing Age of Empires for so long, what genre is that, turn based?
Haven't played a good RTS in forever, and don't even know whats out there.
Thanks!
[Reply]
cripple creek 03:33 PM 11-13-2019
i'm a rts player myself... most recent one I've found is starcraft II from blizzard.
[Reply]
wheeler08 03:54 PM 11-13-2019
Yea that’s pretty old too. Looking for something new. Is it a dead genre?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:17 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by cripple creek:
i'm a rts player myself... most recent one I've found is starcraft II from blizzard.
Damn nigga....SCII? Recent?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:33 PM 11-13-2019
Really nothing great, I get my fix from either tower defense games or turn based strategy like the New Age of Wonders 3.

As far as tower defense Defense grid 2 on steam is great fun. Northgard is ok as well it's more along the lines of Warcraft 2.
I might add Xcom 2 is great as well but it's turn based like the old xcom games.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:48 PM 11-13-2019
Age of Empires 2 still has a pretty good following on steam. Just gotta play the Newer definitive version which is coming soon. Actually comes out tomorrow.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:26 AM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Really nothing great, I get my fix from either tower defense games or turn based strategy like the New Age of Wonders 3.

As far as tower defense Defense grid 2 on steam is great fun. Northgard is ok as well it's more along the lines of Warcraft 2.
I might add Xcom 2 is great as well but it's turn based like the old xcom games.
Defense Grid 2 has filled in for me. I guess RTS just isn't fast paced enough for today's instant gratification crowds.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 11:06 AM 11-14-2019

this is a pretty fun action-RTS
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:41 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:

this is a pretty fun action-RTS
Hey cool that looks kinda fun, might check it out.

On 2nd thought looks like it's just a pvp game.
[Reply]
wheeler08 11-15-2019, 10:05 AM
This message has been deleted by wheeler08.
jd1020 05:03 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Defense Grid 2 has filled in for me. I guess RTS just isn't fast paced enough for today's instant gratification crowds.
It's simply a dead genre.

Strategy games made up like 3% of game sales last year. That's the lowest selling genre in the business. No one is going to dump a bunch of money into those numbers to make a good RTS when it wont sell.

It took 12 years for Blizzard to make a new Diablo game which came 2 years after Starcraft 2 was released. They are already coming out with another Diablo and you don't hear shit about Starcraft and rumors are that they have complete scrapped the franchise for good.
[Reply]
Up