ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Overlord
Bowser 02:45 PM 11-03-2018
Not sure if this really deserves its own thread, but I'm looking forward to this. A little history, a little war, a little horror, and a little gore. And plus as a long time fan of the Wolfenstein FPS game, I'm kind of stoked up about it...

[Reply]
Rasputin 07:24 AM 11-06-2018
I'll probably end up getting this rather than going to the movies but it looks good.
[Reply]
Fish 08:16 AM 11-06-2018
Yeah, this looks fun.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 10:34 PM 11-06-2018
I'm in. 88% on Rotten Tomatoes.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/overlord_2018
[Reply]
Fish 10:41 PM 11-06-2018
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
I'm in. 88% on Rotten Tomatoes.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/overlord_2018
Wow. That's a lot higher than I expected. Fuck yeah, zombie Nazis!!!!
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:07 AM 11-12-2018
I saw it this weekend and while good, I don't think it was great. I was fully expecting more of a zombie movie rather that a WWII movie and it ended up being the opposite.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:24 AM 11-12-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I saw it this weekend and while good, I don't think it was great. I was fully expecting more of a zombie movie rather that a WWII movie and it ended up being the opposite.
I actually was hoping it would be more of a WWII movie with zombies rather than a zombie movie set in WWII.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 11:47 AM 11-12-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Glad to hear that personally.

If more movies could capture what they did in D-Day for Saving Private Ryan, Or damn near all of Band of Brothers, I would be a happy viewer of them. If the zombie stuff for Overlord fits in well with it being a WWII movie with some crazy final solution ideas from the Nazis bringing about zombies, I like the idea more instead of less.
[Reply]
SAGA45 01:20 AM 11-20-2018
I agree. It's more of a WWII flick where they so happened to stumble on the zombie/horror flick stuff. To me, that's what made it such a good film. One heck of a ride too. Thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish.
[Reply]
FAX 07:00 AM 02-26-2019
Nazis. I hate those guys.

Just watched it in UHD. I liked the movie. Nothing to write home or rotten tomatoes about, but actually decent. It rolls along like a crinoid in the dusty avalanche of trope-ridden zombie/horror films offered up over the last decade.

Zombie/horror movies need a good budget. That was my takeaway.

FAX
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:57 AM 02-26-2019
I watched it a few days ago. It was alright, doubt I'd watch it again. That French girl was a smoke show, dont think I've ever seen her in anything else before.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:18 AM 05-14-2020
Finally watched this, now on Amazon Prime. Expectations were pretty low, and it greatly exceeded them. The bit at the start in the plane was intense, and I rather enjoyed the whole thing. Acting better than I expected by a large margin.

The climax could have been much, much better, but wasn't terrible.

Recommend if anyone hasn't seen it.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:51 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Finally watched this, now on Amazon Prime. Expectations were pretty low, and it greatly exceeded them. The bit at the start in the plane was intense, and I rather enjoyed the whole thing. Acting better than I expected by a large margin.

The climax could have been much, much better, but wasn't terrible.

Recommend if anyone hasn't seen it.
That beginning was no joke. While I enjoyed what we got, I also would have been pleased with a WWII movie with the same kind of direction the first 30 minutes had.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:06 AM 05-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
That beginning was no joke. While I enjoyed what we got, I also would have been pleased with a WWII movie with the same kind of direction the first 30 minutes had.
Definitely would have been bad ass.
[Reply]
RN47 05:37 AM 05-15-2020
I notice they don't have any women paratroopers, but yet they have a black dude depicted in the 101st Airborne-- why? It's acceptable to change history based on race but not gender, even if it's a fictional storyline?

I mean, wtf this isn't 1950s Hollywood anymore where John Wayne is playing Genghis Khan.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up