ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 62
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 10:27 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Why all the talk about pitcher injuries? Is it because people want to blame the pitch clock for something?

Here are the number of MiL & ML pitchers that had TJ surgery per year. This is by calendar year, but it seems like things are actually much much better than they were.

2024 - 19
2023 - 88
2022 - 96
2021 - 151
2020 - 76
2019 - 123
2018 - 134
2017 - 144
2016 - 144

Looks like things are better than they have been by quite a bit.
Try getting that mental midget Tony Clark to believe you. Meanwhile, he just got another raise to be the head of the union. Dude is a fucking imbecile.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:41 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by myselff77:
What’s your point? When he bought the team he was one of the two majority owners. The Buck’s owners basically laid out the framework Sherman & Co desire with building a new arena with connected entertainment district to maximize the value of the franchise and once complete he sold for a giant profit.

As with the hedge fund he operated, seems his intent was to flip it for a huge profit. So, it appears it does happen.
It was one owner that only owned 25% of the team. So there is 1 example of an individual and one example of a group selling for profit.

And let's be real, the reason the franchise valuation went up so high is because they became winners not because of a new stadium and entertainment district.

Tons of people can operate a hedge fund. Flipping that for huge profit is a shit ton different than finally becoming majority owner of the team you grew up rooting for and then selling that team for a profit. To act like he's not making 10's of millions a year running the team is laughable.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:48 PM 04-08-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
It's because Spencer Strider and Shane Bieber went down to elbow strains in less than a 24-hour period, and Eury Perez was lost for the season not long before them.

But you're right in the sense that this escalation of Tommy John surgeries happened well before the pitch clock and it's a baseball-wide epidemic that originates at the youth level. It's probably more velocity related than anything else.
I'm saying recently the trend hasn't been an escalation in Tommy John. 2022 and 2023 had significantly less TJ surgery than every year besides the 2020 season where they had an extremely shortened season.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 01:26 AM 04-09-2024
I'm saying recently the trend hasn't been an escalation in Tommy John. 2022 and 2023 had significantly less TJ surgery than every year besides the 2020 season where they had an extremely shortened season.
I know you said that and I agree that Tony Clark is dead wrong.

My point being is 2023-24 is still escalated when compared to Tommy John surgeries in the 1990s and 2000s, and this has been a problem going on for a while that has nothing to do with the pitch clock. Experts like Dr. Andrews believe the main culprit is the high end velocity.

It's not even an MLB issue either. Tommy John surgeries are happening at the youth baseball level, too.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:13 AM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
I know you said that and I agree that Tony Clark is dead wrong.

My point being is 2023-24 is still escalated when compared to Tommy John surgeries in the 1990s and 2000s, and this has been a problem going on for a while that has nothing to do with the pitch clock. Experts like Dr. Andrews believe the main culprit is the high end velocity.

It's not even an MLB issue either. Tommy John surgeries are happening at the youth baseball level, too.
Yeah, I get ya. Too many idiot little league/hs coaches doing anything they can to win instead of looking out for these kids and also these ligaments aren't made to do what they are doing.
[Reply]
myselff77 07:35 AM 04-09-2024
It was one owner that only owned 25% of the team. So there is 1 example of an individual and one example of a group selling for profit.

And let's be real, the reason the franchise valuation went up so high is because they became winners not because of a new stadium and entertainment district.

Tons of people can operate a hedge fund. Flipping that for huge profit is a shit ton different than finally becoming majority owner of the team you grew up rooting for and then selling that team for a profit. To act like he's not making 10's of millions a year running the team is laughable.
I'm not sure what you are trying to debate. The OP asked for an owner who flipped the team for a profit and I gave an example. You both countered that he was not a majority owner, which is wrong. Lasry was not only a majority owner, but also served as the team Governor (IE: face of the ownership group) for a period of time.

If you want to debate if Sherman is trying to do the same that is a different topic. It appears Sherman is trying to follow the same blueprint as the Buck's ownership group. Whether he has ulterior motives to flip the team or not, I do not know. If I had to guess, I don't think he will. Given this is the second team he has had an ownership stake in, it appears he really desires to own a baseball team and the fact it's his local team can only help. Whether he flips the team or not, maximizing the value of the franchise is not a bad thing. You can take the Bucks as an example. The ownership group kept the team in Milwaukee, they have a nice new arena and popular entertainment district and the organization overall is in better shape than when they originally bought the team. Sure it is a bit at the expense of the taxpayers, but that is the price to be paid if you don't wat to be Omaha or Des Moines.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:21 AM 04-09-2024

INF Michael Massey’s rehab assignment has been transferred from Northwest Arkansas (AA) to Omaha (AAA).

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) April 8, 2024

[Reply]
BWillie 08:36 AM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
0 for 4, 4ks so far in rehab
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:51 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
0 for 4, 4ks so far in rehab
Deserved the promotion then.
[Reply]
myselff77 01:10 PM 04-09-2024
NWA Naturals are coming to town for a series this week in San Antonio. I don't follow the minors closely. Looking at the roster, Gavin Cross is the only name I recognize.

I know Duncan and a few others are much more knowledgeable. Any exciting prospects to keep an eye on if I'm able to attend a game?
[Reply]
poolboy 01:31 PM 04-09-2024
Raygun tonight...I would prob go just to see Gavin
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:47 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by myselff77:
NWA Naturals are coming to town for a series this week in San Antonio. I don't follow the minors closely. Looking at the roster, Gavin Cross is the only name I recognize.

I know Duncan and a few others are much more knowledgeable. Any exciting prospects to keep an eye on if I'm able to attend a game?
Payton Wilson and Cayden Wallace are position players who may make a major league roster. Javier Vaz and Diego Hernandez in the OF, too.

Pitching side, local boy Noah Cameron would be fun to catch live. Beck Way is intriguing.
[Reply]
TLO 02:58 PM 04-09-2024
I'm feeling 7-4 after tonight folks!!!
[Reply]
TLO 08:48 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm feeling 7-4 after tonight folks!!!
HELL YEAH!!

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:48 PM 04-09-2024
Now they got the on the field fixed we can get the downtown ballpark now