ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 43
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 06:04 AM 11-18-2020
Badger will have the guy in line and bring out the best in him. And people underestimate the power of 2nd chances for guys like this who haven't made enough $ or had enough success to ignore a wake-up call (ala AB).
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:47 AM 11-18-2020
Sorry if this is Q, but in 2019 we traded our first (#29 overall) and second round picks to Seattle for Frank Clark. Baker ended up going #30 overall, so it’s certainly possible he would’ve been our pick had we decided to keep Houston and/or Ford instead of acquiring Clark.

So given that we’ve now gotten Baker for nothing, we basically got Clark for a late second round pick.

Veach is a wizard.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:57 AM 11-18-2020
This guy chose well, he can rehab his image while playing for a winner

And Brett Veach is the Honey Badger of GM’s
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:04 AM 11-18-2020
Can't wait to see what he brings.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:18 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Sorry if this is Q, but in 2019 we traded our first (#29 overall) and second round picks to Seattle for Frank Clark. Baker ended up going #30 overall, so it’s certainly possible he would’ve been our pick had we decided to keep Houston and/or Ford instead of acquiring Clark.

So given that we’ve now gotten Baker for nothing, we basically got Clark for a late second round pick.

Veach is a wizard.
It is good to be the king..
[Reply]
In58men 07:18 AM 11-18-2020
I was really wanting this guy in the draft too.

Veach is constantly keeping that pedal down. Unbelievable.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:39 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We have so few true holes that some of these general rules of thumb don't really apply right now. By right now meaning 2020-2022.

If there's a guy that's a day one upgrade at a place of weakness, you should totally go get him.

We don't need numbers in every draft; we need a couple of plus players to fill the few holes we have.

Clyde is a good example. I didn't think they'd do that; but I won't argue that it made sense after the fact.

Moses would turn what is the team's biggest weakness into a great strength; Moses and Gay make that LB corps top flight.
They didn't trade picks to get Clyde. LB is not a big enough need to trade picks. LB isn't a big enough IMPACT to trade picks.

That's the issue.

They have a ton of holes right now that require quantity rather than quality, especially along the offensive and defensive lines. If they need to trade to go get a stud WR or TE, fine.

This board is WAY too obsessed with linebackers. They can find another Willie Gay-type player without blowing a bunch of draft capital.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:41 AM 11-18-2020
IMHO, this is more a 2021 move than a 2020 one.

I’m not expecting much playing time for him this year because Spags system is so hard to learn. Hopefully he will be productive in the playoffs but I have low expectations for him this season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:42 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
they do say 'good things come to those who wait' :-)
"Patience is a virtue."

I think many of us would have said having patience for decades goes beyond virtue and into stupidity.

I guess the old wise ones knew what they were talking about after all. It wasn't that we were too patient, it's that we weren't patient enough.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:05 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Really gonna miss Keizer.
I won't.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:15 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We have so few true holes that some of these general rules of thumb don't really apply right now. By right now meaning 2020-2022.

If there's a guy that's a day one upgrade at a place of weakness, you should totally go get him.

We don't need numbers in every draft; we need a couple of plus players to fill the few holes we have.

Clyde is a good example. I didn't think they'd do that; but I won't argue that it made sense after the fact.

Moses would turn what is the team's biggest weakness into a great strength; Moses and Gay make that LB corps top flight.
After this year we're going to need quality and quantity. We're going to start to lose some of our important depth/role players.
[Reply]
malachi47000 09:31 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
You like Huey Lewis and the News?

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released this; Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Psycho Christian Bale GIF from Psycho GIFs

[Reply]
Mecca 09:33 AM 11-18-2020

[Reply]
SuperChief 09:42 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
IMHO, this is more a 2021 move than a 2020 one.

I’m not expecting much playing time for him this year because Spags system is so hard to learn. Hopefully he will be productive in the playoffs but I have low expectations for him this season.
I agree with this, except it will be really nice to have him as an emergency backup once (not if) we get dinged up in the DB room.
[Reply]
O.city 09:48 AM 11-18-2020
They need to just keep stocking talent anywhere on the roster. The surest way to tank the roster is start reaching for need.

If the best player available is a tight end, draft him and figure out the rest later.

Now yes, there are some times when you need to chase needs. When it’s a qb or a LT etc. but if you see one of those difference makers at those spots you like, go get the guy.

But otherwise, just accumulate talent
[Reply]
Page 27 of 43
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up