ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 71
« First < 18586465666768 697071 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pats filming Bengals. Caught.
Bewbies 02:33 PM 12-09-2019
https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherR...35644064337925

Discuss amongst yourselves. :-)

The Bengals.
[Reply]
GoChargers 01:36 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think it comes down to something very simple. After the salary cap was implemented and parity football happened. We saw lots of different bowl champions for about a decade. People discussed how this was good that we had lots of different teams with a chance...but there were others who said having dynasties was good because it gave someone to people to love or hate...

Goodell takes over and magically we have the greatest dynasty of all time shortly after basically any intelligent sports writer said the days of dynasties were over. I think they were chosen for 2 reasons, Bob Kraft basically got Goodell his job and at this point Boston hadn't won shit in anything forever and was a massive market on the east coast. The NFL basically created their own version of the Yankees with this...

If the league has moved on it's because they realize that horse is dead and they need to jump off of it and find a new one.
To be fair, the Patriots' cheating and "dynasty" began in the Tagliabue era. By the time Goodell took over, the Patriots had already cheated their way to three rings.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:54 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
From a couple pages back...
Originally Posted by :
Quarterbacks communicate with the sidelines via microphones in their helmets that pick up an NFL-monitored radio frequency. An NFL sideline official cuts off communications on this frequency 15 seconds before the play clock runs out.

O’Leary — who uses data crunched by a Las Vegas bookie and a Ph.D. statistician from China with no previous familiarity with Spygate — suggests Patriots “director of football research” Ernie Adams, a prep-school chum of Belichick from Phillips Academy in Andover, Mass., was the nerve center behind the chicanery.

Offensive plays would be called based on stolen signals and the information relayed straight to Brady’s helmet, O’Leary theorizes.

In this scenario, the extra frequency is critical, as it allows the team to do something in real time with the stolen signals, out of earshot of the NFL monitor, and change its plays accordingly.

If there’s an open channel during the play itself, you can also alert the quarterback to open receivers he may not see.

O’Leary repeats a rumor that Pats backup quarterback Doug Flutie once said he accidentally picked up Brady’s helmet during the 2005 season.

“He was amazed that the coaches kept right on speaking to Brady past the 15-second cutoff, right up until the snap,” *according to O’Leary.

“The voice in Tom Brady’s helmet was explaining the exact defense he was about to face.”
The part about Doug Flutie accidentally picking up Brady's helmet doesn't make sense to me. Can someone explain that? Why would Brady not have the helmet on his head at the line of scrimmage. Was there a backup helmet or something?
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 02:29 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I made the statement. They have been getting flagged at home more and more. In the past that didn't happen. It's a sign that the league believes they are a ratings liabity now. Finally they are not helping them win.
in a way, that makes me more worried than less. In case we end up going up against a team the NFL wants more than the Chiefs.

Say a large east coast market team with an extremely popular and talented QB of their own. Especially if we wind up playing an AFCCG in their stadium.
[Reply]
Sorce 03:14 PM 01-02-2020
Didn't florio say if Tyreek wasn't suspended he would stop covering the NFL?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:30 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Didn't florio say if Tyreek wasn't suspended he would stop covering the NFL?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I believe that you have caught him in yet another lie.

Mods, can we autochange the name "Mike Florio" to "Unconscionable Liar"?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:47 PM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
in a way, that makes me more worried than less. In case we end up going up against a team the NFL wants more than the Chiefs.

Say a large east coast market team with an extremely popular and talented QB of their own. Especially if we wind up playing an AFCCG in their stadium.
I wish that were true. But the Pats pull in ratings other than that Super Bowl shit show. The Chiefs/Pats playoff game got killer ratings. Not only do the Pats pull ratings, they own the media. ESPN, Barstool. There's no doubt the NFL wants NE to keep staying relevant which is exactly why they are terrified of punishing Kraft for anything.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:27 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I wish that were true. But the Pats pull in ratings other than that Super Bowl shit show. The Chiefs/Pats playoff game got killer ratings. Not only do the Pats pull ratings, they own the media. ESPN, Barstool. There's no doubt the NFL wants NE to keep staying relevant which is exactly why they are terrified of punishing Kraft for anything.
America is sick and tired of the Patriots

Super Bowl 2019 TV Ratings: Patriots-Rams Fails to Attract ...
https://observer.com › 2019/02 › super-bowl-tv-ratings-new-england-patri...
Feb 4, 2019 - Last year's Super Bowl between the New England Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles posted the lowest ratings since 2010. That trend continued for this year’s game between the Pats and the Los Angeles Rams, as traditional television continues to see a drop-off in viewership across the industry.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:21 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It may not matter, man. They got busted cheating before and it fucking changed nothing. They went right the fuck back to it. And obviously it fucking matters. If it didn't matter to their gameplanning, there is 0% chance Belicheat doesn't reign down fire on all film crews explicitly stating what they can and cannot film, because they don't need all that shit if it doesn't matter.

Obviously it fucking matters.

But I'm guessing the NFL doesn't do enough to disincentivise those fucks from doing it.
I am but a humble man. I do not need to see karmic intervention in one swift action. I will enjoy watching their death from 1,000 cuts if that how their penance must be served.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:34 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
America is sick and tired of the Patriots

Super Bowl 2019 TV Ratings: Patriots-Rams Fails to Attract ...
https://observer.com › 2019/02 › super-bowl-tv-ratings-new-england-patri...
Feb 4, 2019 - Last year's Super Bowl between the New England Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles posted the lowest ratings since 2010. That trend continued for this year’s game between the Pats and the Los Angeles Rams, as traditional television continues to see a drop-off in viewership across the industry.
I want that to be true but the Chiefs pats playoff game was one of the highest rated in history and they're primetime games this year were huge ratings successes. I still believe that if they start losing, a lot of other teams' ratings go up. But sadly the Pats still do pull their weight in TV ratings. I agree, if they end up in the super bowl again it could be a ratings disaster.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 07:59 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I want that to be true but the Chiefs pats playoff game was one of the highest rated in history and they're primetime games this year were huge ratings successes. I still believe that if they start losing, a lot of other teams' ratings go up. But sadly the Pats still do pull their weight in TV ratings. I agree, if they end up in the super bowl again it could be a ratings disaster.
I think you answered your own question type thing here. You cited two times they played the Chiefs and then their primetime games.... it's not them pulling the ratings, it's their opponents
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:37 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
I think you answered your own question type thing here. You cited two times they played the Chiefs and then their primetime games.... it's not them pulling the ratings, it's their opponents
And its the fact that people want to see the Pats get knocked off
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:34 AM 01-03-2020
I think Pats fans are on an island. It might be paved with rings, and they NFL might never have the balls to put an "*" next to their titles (it would be admitting guilt), but the world knows...
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:44 AM 01-03-2020
Cheatriot and maybe Balt are the only real markets in the AFC playoffs
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:46 AM 01-03-2020
The cheatriots' fandom is one full of bandwaggoners.

Once their reign ends, a new team will take it's place, and the bandwaggoners will back that team, and the ratings will follow.

Just as it has always been........in all sports (except maybe MLB).
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:47 AM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
They also had monster ratings vs the cowboys, bills, Texans... probably more too. I hate that it’s true but they are still killing it in the ratings. I’d bet those ratings plummet if they start losing because their fans have no idea how to lose. But that’s the solution the nfl doesn’t want.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 71
« First < 18586465666768 697071 >
Up