No it's not a penalty but -King- is still a dumbass 10 6.90%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should they have called this unnecessary roughness
-King- 11:25 PM 12-08-2019

They would call this if it was on Brady #KCvsNE pic.twitter.com/Ml8caUNpxG

— Koro (@nonsmoknlifboat) December 8, 2019

This is an argument I'm having in another thread. Supposedly this hit should have been flagged because Mahomes was heading out of bounds even though he asnt officially out of bounds yet. IMO, there's no way this should be flagged. A player in bounds is a player in bounds and can get hit. As much as I'd love for Mahomes to be protected, objectively there's no way they should call a penalty here.

Also it's weird how people hate the refs but want to add even more subjectivity to how they rule. So now they have to guess if a player is clearly going out of bounds on not? Makes no sense to me but hey...I'm CPs chief contrarian so I may be way off...
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:55 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Exactly.

It's crazy that people are okay with refs determining when a player is "clearly" going out of bounds or not. People hate when refs make judgement calls but suddenly in this case it's okay.

Until a player steps out of bounds, it should be okay to shove them.
You’re continually missing the point.

I agree with your interpretation of the rules. But it doesn’t change the fact that they’ve been calling that UR. If they’re going to call it UR for anybody in the league they goddamned well better call it for my guy.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:30 PM 12-10-2019
Isn’t this the same as the roughing on Rodgers called against the Chiefs?
[Reply]
-King- 07:33 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You’re continually missing the point.

I agree with your interpretation of the rules. But it doesn’t change the fact that they’ve been calling that UR. If they’re going to call it UR for anybody in the league they goddamned well better call it for my guy.
And Everytime someone says this, I ask for one instance that's been called and nobody can show me. How can it be called so often and not one person can give me an example? Just one out of the supposedly multiple times it's been called this season? The only times I've seen it been called, people agreed that it was a bad call.
[Reply]
-King- 07:35 PM 12-10-2019

How is this any different? Ironically, Romo was calling the game too and he didn't have any problem with this.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:35 PM 12-10-2019
I don't even know how people think this is close. There's clearly a premium placed on protecting the QB. If this is some RB, then yes, I can understand the debate. But a QB?

It was a rough play. And it was clearly unnecessary. And it was against someone who plays the premium position that other teams are actively trying to injure.
[Reply]
teedubya 07:36 PM 12-10-2019
Hightower slapped Mahomes hand out of the way, and then pushed him hard into the sideline. That should definitely be called. I've seen much nicer pushes get called.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:42 PM 12-10-2019
And Everytime someone says this, I ask for one instance that's been called and nobody can show me. How can it be called so often and not one person can give me an example? Just one out of the supposedly multiple times it's been called this season? The only times I've seen it been called, people agreed that it was a bad call.
I looked for a few minutes on YouTube and couldn’t find anything. Just clips from that shitty Micheal Ohr movie.

But I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it called on WRs that are obviously going out.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:50 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
You would think that Mahomes has a big enough name now to get that call. If it was Brady,Brees,Rodgers is would have been called. Total bullshit.
Hell, I saw Lamar Jackson earlier in the day take a very weak hit and they gave him the flag. He's getting the veteran superstar QB treatment despite the fact he's plenty young and plenty elusive enough to avoid the hits. Doesn't need help from the refs.

Mahomes is young, but has been injured since Quarter 2 of Game 1 this year. You would think the NFL would like to see him able to stay on the field the rest of the season. Apparently not.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:17 PM 12-10-2019
I mean I know that Philip Gaines made a lot of poor plays on the chiefs but it doesn't mean I can recall them all or find them on game for instantly.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:23 PM 12-10-2019
I agree with DaFace on this one...

Should? No. He was a yard in bounds when contact was initiated.
Is there precedent for calling it? Absolutely, especially when the player's course of travel is direct to the sideline as Pat's was.
[Reply]
-King- 08:34 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
I mean I know that Philip Gaines made a lot of poor plays on the chiefs but it doesn't mean I can recall them all or find them on game for instantly.
Sure, but I can. It's not like I asked just one person and they couldn't recall. I asked anybody that's reading this. If it happens as much as people claim, at least a couple people should remember one interesting they saw it

Jewish Rabbi is the only one given a play and while I don't think Damien Wilson should have been flagged for it, he made first contact AFTER Rodgers had already stepped out. Quite different from the Mahomes play or the Goff play I posted above.
[Reply]
-King- 08:39 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Isn’t this the same as the roughing on Rodgers called against the Chiefs?
Rodgers was out already by the time Wilson tackled him

[Reply]
KC Hawks 08:57 PM 12-10-2019
Erving after the game: "If Pat gets hurt, it's only going to be because of me!"
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:00 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Erving after the game: "If Pat gets hurt, it's only going to be because of me!"
That would be hilarious if he said that.
[Reply]
njchiefs 06:36 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I agree with DaFace on this one...

Should? No. He was a yard in bounds when contact was initiated.
Is there precedent for calling it? Absolutely, especially when the player's course of travel is direct to the sideline as Pat's was.
Again, it’s easy enough for an athletic quarterback to redirect and head upfield even when it looks like he’s going out of bounds. So officially make it a penalty for a QB to redirect and gain yardage in this instance, then it’s legit. It’s too much to ask a defender to have to calculate possible scenarios in his head when things happen in an instant. It’s a pussy shove for crying out loud. It’s football. Now a shove like that in a Cleveland Hotel hallway ... different story.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up