No it's not a penalty but -King- is still a dumbass 10 6.90%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should they have called this unnecessary roughness
-King- 11:25 PM 12-08-2019

They would call this if it was on Brady #KCvsNE pic.twitter.com/Ml8caUNpxG

— Koro (@nonsmoknlifboat) December 8, 2019

This is an argument I'm having in another thread. Supposedly this hit should have been flagged because Mahomes was heading out of bounds even though he asnt officially out of bounds yet. IMO, there's no way this should be flagged. A player in bounds is a player in bounds and can get hit. As much as I'd love for Mahomes to be protected, objectively there's no way they should call a penalty here.

Also it's weird how people hate the refs but want to add even more subjectivity to how they rule. So now they have to guess if a player is clearly going out of bounds on not? Makes no sense to me but hey...I'm CPs chief contrarian so I may be way off...
[Reply]
-King- 12:01 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Because we're not willing to spend hours looking over game film looking for it just to appease you?
No one has to do that. But for something that happens all the time, the fact that no even one incident came to anyone's mind without having to look at game film is funny. Using the pick play comparison you mentioned, I'm sure if I made a thread about it, at least one person would remember a pick play penalty that was called/wasn't called.

But whatever, the poll speaks for itself. I'll concede the point.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:22 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:

This is an argument I'm having in another thread. Supposedly this hit should have been flagged because Mahomes was heading out of bounds even though he asnt officially out of bounds yet. IMO, there's no way this should be flagged. A player in bounds is a player in bounds and can get hit. As much as I'd love for Mahomes to be protected, objectively there's no way they should call a penalty here.

Also it's weird how people hate the refs but want to add even more subjectivity to how they rule. So now they have to guess if a player is clearly going out of bounds on not? Makes no sense to me but hey...I'm CPs chief contrarian so I may be way off...
Everyone that is or has been watching football for years knows that was a unnecessary roughness penalty. Romo and Nance said as much also.
The biggest reason is that the precedent has been set by years of officiating where this has been a penalty. Mahomes was not out of bounds but with the angle he could not have turned it up field.
I think you are right that you are just being a contrarian.
If you want to see others on film YOU go look it up.
[Reply]
manchambo 12:24 PM 12-09-2019
I think they should call that. And they often do.

What does it add to the game to shit can a runner as he's going out of bounds?
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:38 PM 12-09-2019
Didn’t we get called for one on a WR this year? He was heading out and or db got to him about the OOB line and got UR penalty? I remember seeing one this year but can’t remember what game.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:57 PM 12-09-2019
You would think that Mahomes has a big enough name now to get that call. If it was Brady,Brees,Rodgers is would have been called. Total bullshit.
[Reply]
underEJ 06:27 PM 12-09-2019
This is inconsistently called because of Peyton Manning. It was a point of emphasis thing for a while that to protect QBs, just like a slide, if they give up and head out of bounds, you can't touch them. Them Manning comes along and starts faking the run out and grabbing 3 or 4 more yards before really going out. After that it started to get inconsistent with more mobile QBs who run frequently not getting the call. Now it is kind of messy, but I think Romo was right, it should have been called. The subjective part isn't how hard the hit is, it is whether he really gave up forward progress. And he did go out on the trajectory he was heading.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 04:45 PM 12-10-2019
Dumbass POS Queen wrong again, as usual.

This is clearly a penalty on Hightower, no need to throw Mahomes out of bounds. Now watch the end and tell me you wouldn't want Cam Erving as a teammate. Dude flies in to protect @PatrickMahomes after the play, great teammate pic.twitter.com/HFiNPiNwsN

— Daniel Harms (inharmsway19) (@D_Harms19) December 10, 2019

[Reply]
ghak99 06:04 PM 12-10-2019
I was really disappointed in how the bench reacted during and after that play, so it's nice to see that Erving showed some fire.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:09 PM 12-10-2019
The one thing about Erving ever since he’s been here is that he’s always stuck up for his teammates no matter what. He’s a guy you want on your team
[Reply]
Bowser 06:16 PM 12-10-2019
The hit in bounds is absolutely legal.

The shove Hightower gives Mahomes out of bounds is absolutely not.

This isn't fucking hard.
[Reply]
njchiefs 06:39 PM 12-10-2019
So what happens if PM jukes a move while “heading out of bounds”, stays in bounds and gains another twenty yards? If there is no penalty for that, then the defender has every right to shove him out of bounds.
[Reply]
-King- 06:40 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:

Like I said, I'll concede to the majority. But I still don't believe that's a penalty. If one of our players pushes Brady or Jackson while they're still in bounds, it better not be a fucking penalty because pushing someone while they're in bounds is not a fucking penalty. It's just not.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:41 PM 12-10-2019
Pat slowed down and it cost him.
[Reply]
-King- 06:44 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
So what happens if PM jukes a move while “heading out of bounds”, stays in bounds and gains another twenty yards? If there is no penalty for that, then the defender has every right to shove him out of bounds.
Exactly.

It's crazy that people are okay with refs determining when a player is "clearly" going out of bounds or not. People hate when refs make judgement calls but suddenly in this case it's okay.

Until a player steps out of bounds, it should be okay to shove them.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:45 PM 12-10-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:

Erving isn’t good. But he’ll fight a bitch if anyone gets chippy with his guy.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up