ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 24
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Jacobs all 22 breakdown discussion
O.city 11:14 AM 10-01-2019
Figured we could have a thread breaking some stuff down from his films and discuss.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:23 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Jesus. That's terrible.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:24 PM 10-01-2019
Thornhill is really struggling. I saw a lot of that in the B-more game.
[Reply]
Sorce 12:25 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Those refs also let a ton of stuff go, Detroit was very grabby at the line and also in the secondary.

Any team that is allowed to manhandle the Chiefs receivers is going to give them issues.
Brady said we can't call holding anymore. /refs
[Reply]
RunKC 12:27 PM 10-01-2019
Just that alone on that last play shows you that for as Athletic as Jones is, his point of attack strength isn't great for doubles.

I think we should experiment with some big fronts...and go head up, put Nnadi right over the center put Jones and Clark out at end and toss another big dude in there at DT, I don't like Williams but yea.

It's time to try some different ideas for this type of thing.
There was a play that Spags purposely has Jones and Williams move outside towards the tackles so the middle was open for the blitz.

Unfortunately they caught it and ran the ball for like 8 yards.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:29 PM 10-01-2019
They went man up to squat on short stuff with safeties super deep so the guys could take chances on shorter passes as help is behind them.

Mahomes being just off a bit made that gameplan work well, and they basically beat the shit out of Kelce and without Hill it made it tough.

Reality of the situation is we should have just ran crossers and created picks all game but well we didn't do that.
You should email Andy with your suggestions for next time.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:39 PM 10-01-2019
Niemann needs to be playing more
[Reply]
Lzen 12:39 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I noticed that. Hoping that it is just the typical rookie with his head spinning. By the end of the season he should be doing more reacting instead of thinking.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:41 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
You should email Andy with your suggestions for next time.
Very funny, I'm allowed to critique what they did.
[Reply]
rambleonthruthefog 12:43 PM 10-01-2019
So does Frank Clark suck or not?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:50 PM 10-01-2019
Was that on Thorhill or did Fuller fail to get his depth?

Hard to know for sure, but if fuller just gets back a bit, that window isn't there. There weren't any check valves hanging around on that side of the field and Stafford isn't exactly someone you have to spy so I'm not sure what he might have been doing there.

If I'm taking a wild-ass guess, I'd say that was on Fuller more than Thornhill. Thornhill still serves a purpose back at the end-line in case one of those guys coming across the middle tries to leak out to the back of the end zone; you can see what he was seeing and what he was trying to be responsible for.

Fuller? There was no way for him to make an impact on that play from where he was, especially when he's just standing alongside Hitchens. Those 2 guys aren't supposed to be covering the same zone and yet they were.

I'd put my money on that being a Fuller mistake more than a Thornhill one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:53 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Was that on Thorhill or did Fuller fail to get his depth?

Hard to know for sure, but if fuller just gets back a bit, that window isn't there. There weren't any check valves hanging around on that side of the field and Stafford isn't exactly someone you have to spy so I'm not sure what he might have been doing there.

If I'm taking a wild-ass guess, I'd say that was on Fuller more than Thornhill. Thornhill still serves a purpose back at the end-line in case one of those guys coming across the middle tries to leak out to the back of the end zone; you can see what he was seeing and what he was trying to be responsible for.

Fuller? There was no way for him to make an impact on that play from where he was, especially when he's just standing alongside Hitchens. Those 2 guys aren't supposed to be covering the same zone and yet they were.

I'd put my money on that being a Fuller mistake more than a Thornhill one.
Could very well be on Fuller that play but Thornhill also is late to get over. I said it after the Baltimore game - everything is still just a little faster than his processing. He'll get better as the season goes on.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:58 PM 10-01-2019
Could very well be on Fuller that play but Thornhill also is late to get over. I said it after the Baltimore game - everything is still just a little faster than his processing. He'll get better as the season goes on.
Yeah - Thornhill needs the game to slow down for him a bit, but the only thing that will do that is time.

I think that even if he reads that play a half step sooner it would've taken a hell of a play on that out-breaking route. Hard to allow the guy inside position like that and expect Thornhill to just break around his body, even if he reads it correctly.

Meanwhile, if Fuller gets his depth, there's nowhere to throw that ball.

I may be over-complicating it a bit, but with only 1 guy back and a bunch of short zones, it seems unlikely that Thornhill would've been tasked with playing robber over the middle 2/3 of the field.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:58 PM 10-01-2019
:-)

Through 4 games, Kendall Fuller is allowing a 156.9(perfect passer rating=158.3), the highest in the league among CBs with at least 120 coverage snaps.

For comparisons sake, Ward is allowing a rating of 81.1 and Breeland is allowing a rating of 61.7.#Chiefs | #ChiefsKingdom

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) September 30, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:59 PM 10-01-2019
Fuller is doing really good on the outside. The inside he is garbage
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:59 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
:-)
OUCH

It looked like he was struggling but :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 24
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up