ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 72
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
kepp 12:14 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Blake Anderson is a name picking up steam....oh boy hooray....
Average 7-5 record and 1-4 in bowl appearances at Arkansas State. Sounds exactly Mizzou, unfortunately.
[Reply]
O.city 12:19 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If you can't pry the guy away from Boise State, what the **** are you even doing here?

We're not even in the running for dudes from Memphis or Louisiana.

Bottom line is that if you look at the list of coaches we're pursuing - an SEC School with top shelf facilities, a solid recruiting base and no clear rival in the state - our list isn't any better than a school like Southern Florida - a bottom tier school in the American Athletic Conference.

What in the actual **** is that?

What Mizzou SHOULD be able to do, if the program wasn't a ****ing tire fire, is go after PJ Fleck. Yeah, Fleck's had an amazing year at MN but it's still Minnesota. Mizzou is a BETTER job than Minnesota. At least it damn well should be. And maybe it doesn't happen; that kind of move is awfully difficult to pull off. But they should be able to force a conversation there.
They should be able to get his attention. They should be in the running for guys like Fleck or Campbell. Then if needed they should get their pick of the litter from the group of guys like Harsin, Norvell or Fickell if the big game hunting fails them.

But they're a full tier down from there. MAYBE. Harsin/Norvell/Fickell is a tier they hope to get an interview with and then they settle with warmed over dogshit like Jim McElwain and a bunch of service academy guys.

Again - that's the kind of stuff I expect from Southern Florida. That's what I figure Memphis will have to do. That's not okay for an SEC school with these facilities and advantages.
Again, no disrespect intended, but could you guys be overrating this a bit?

I mean, how is MU that much different than say, South Carolina or Kentucky at this point? Look at who they've hired recently. Maybe the facilities and all that doesn't matter as much? I don't know.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:38 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by kepp:
Average 7-5 record and 1-4 in bowl appearances at Arkansas State. Sounds exactly Mizzou, unfortunately.

Anderson is a solid hire. Arkansas State plays 1-2 “money” games a year (road games against P5 opponents), and is not positioned to be the big dog in its conference due to location and resources.

He has lost 8 games like that at Arkie State. 46-22 otherwise and 36-12 in conference.

He also comes from a rich coaching tree and has shown a good eye for identifying and developing assistants. He recruits the region.

Anderson isn’t flashy, but for my money he’s a better hire than Lane Kiffin.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:41 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Again, no disrespect intended, but could you guys be overrating this a bit?

I mean, how is MU that much different than say, South Carolina or Kentucky at this point? Look at who they've hired recently. Maybe the facilities and all that doesn't matter as much? I don't know.
South Carolina I can't speak to - never been there and know little about it.

But Kentucky? I've been to a lot of road games now and Lexington is the only place I have ever been where there is ZERO gameday experience. You walk around there on a Saturday and you'd have no idea the game is even happening.

You go to Vandy and walk around Nashville and you know the game is going on. Not so in Lexington. And the school couldn't conceivably care less about football. Mizzou's job should absolutely be a better job than KYs and by a fair amount.

And speaking to SC - they hired Muschamp and were eviscerated for their lack of imagination and a laughably bad hire. That's the bar we're looking at?

Maybe I'm overrating the Mizzou job. But if I am that's a dual problem. 1) That Sterk has allowed it to come to that to begin with and 2) that the job isn't very good and Sterk didn't realize that. And in the process he fired Odom without a plan for securing a clear upgrade.

Mizzou SHOULD be a very good job. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. If it is, Sterk's a staid chickenshit without the vision for an AD gig at a Power 5 school. If it isn't, he's an incompetent clown who's done nothing to help bring the program to a level that it should be at.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:43 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Anderson is a solid hire. Arkansas State plays 1-2 “money” games a year (road games against P5 opponents), and is not positioned to be the big dog in its conference due to location and resources.

He has lost 8 games like that at Arkie State. 46-22 otherwise and 36-12 in conference.

He also comes from a rich coaching tree and has shown a good eye for identifying and developing assistants. He recruits the region.

Anderson isn’t flashy, but for my money he’s a better hire than Lane Kiffin.
Anderson should be at the absolute bottom of a reasonable list. He should be the 'fallback school' you flip an application to in case you don't get into the spot you really want to go to so you have that in your pocket just in case. You go there and you're fine with it - not quite what you wanted but it'll be good enough.

Instead he's at the top of our list. By a LOT.

I reiterate - what the fuck?
[Reply]
Jerm 12:45 PM 12-05-2019
Anderson should be at the absolute bottom of a reasonable list. He should be the 'fallback school' you flip an application to in case you don't get into the spot you really want to go to so you have that in your pocket just in case. You go there and you're fine with it - not quite what you wanted but it'll be good enough.

Sterk clearly didn't have a plan in place and clearly overvalued the interest in the job...
[Reply]
nychief 12:52 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Sterk clearly didn't have a plan in place and clearly overvalued the interest in the job...
How is it clear?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:12 PM 12-05-2019

Sterk overplayed his hand and has gotten caught with his pants somewhat down. I agree that’s clear.

I think this also a somewhat weak coaching market.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:24 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Sterk overplayed his hand and has gotten caught with his pants somewhat down. I agree that’s clear.

I think this also a somewhat weak coaching market.
That he put himself into.

I have a hard time giving him a pass for going house hunting when the markets poor when the guy burned his previous house down.

He didn't HAVE to be in this market. Odom wasn't fucking players girlfriends or going 2-10. Guys with worse years than Odom had will be brought back all across the country.

If this wasn't the time to be coach shopping, don't fire the one you had.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:50 PM 12-05-2019
That he put himself into.

I have a hard time giving him a pass for going house hunting when the markets poor when the guy burned his previous house down.

He didn't HAVE to be in this market. Odom wasn't fucking players girlfriends or going 2-10. Guys with worse years than Odom had will be brought back all across the country.

If this wasn't the time to be coach shopping, don't fire the one you had.

No doubt and I agree with all of that.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:16 PM 12-05-2019

Here's my info: the Mizzou search committee led by AD Jim Sterk has recommended Arkansas State coach Blake Anderson to the board of trustees to be the next football coach at M.U. Board of trustees apparently not enamored, want a more recognizable name. Anderson 46-30 at ASU.

— Randy Karraker (@RandyKarraker) December 5, 2019

I assume he means Board of Curators.

And that assumes he's not just FOS.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:17 PM 12-05-2019
They need to fire Sterk now.

Didn't Alden almost get fired right after he fired Snyder?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:20 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:

Do it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:22 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:

The rumors when the Haith hire was announced was that the Board was considering either 1) approving the hire or 2) Firing Alden and having someone else start from scratch.

It seems to me that's the only reasonable approach here.

If you think he's botched this process so badly that you can't approve his recommendation, then you can his ass and let someone else do the job.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:27 PM 12-05-2019
The rumors when the Haith hire was announced was that the Board was considering either 1) approving the hire or 2) Firing Alden and having someone else start from scratch.

It seems to me that's the only reasonable approach here.

If you think he's botched this process so badly that you can't approve his recommendation, then you can his ass and let someone else do the job.
Here it is. He was nearly fired right before he announced Suitcase Mike as coach: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ory?id=2385549
[Reply]
Page 58 of 72
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Up