ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
Simply Red 02:58 PM 08-20-2019
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:44 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Good for you. Stick with it. As you know, it's a matter of life and death. Losing this battle would be devastating for your soul. But you're going to beat it.

Just heard yesterday that a friend of mine who has alcohol issues lost it while on a bender recently, handed his 16 year old son a pistol and told him to blow his (my friend's) brains out. The kid is scarred for life now, freaked out beyond belief, and he'll never look at his dad the same way again.

Being a slave to alcohol - or anything else - is no way to live. You're better than that. You seem like a great guy, I wish you good luck.
[Reply]
Bump 05:53 PM 08-20-2019
stay strong man!
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:55 PM 08-20-2019
Take care of yourself SR. Find treatment if you need it. CP needs you, bro. ❤
[Reply]
EPodolak 06:00 PM 08-20-2019
Been there. The only thing harder than sobering up was not sobering up. Best of luck to you.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:03 PM 08-20-2019
Your not a wimp or pussy nor any other negative BS. Everyone here has something they struggle with.

I’ve seen a lot of friends and family struggle with alcoholism. Every single one fell off the wagon at some point, even after years. You got this. Anything I can do, you got my contact info.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:15 PM 08-20-2019
All the best, friend.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:15 PM 08-20-2019
I'm in your corner, bud. You can do it.
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:20 PM 08-20-2019
Good luck SR. You're a good dude. We need good dudes in our lives.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:33 PM 08-20-2019
Good deal SR, alcoholism is a demon you can fight, and we're all here to help.
[Reply]
eDave 06:35 PM 08-20-2019
Good on you SR. And laying it out for us means there's credibility, accountability, and responsibility. That will help.
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:36 PM 08-20-2019
Best wishes man. If you ever decided you want or need to do the 12 step or formal recovery thing, I actually know several really good dudes in the program in Atlanta(that’s where you are right?). They’d be more than happy to help you out.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:36 PM 08-20-2019
Short & Sweet

If you've been able to quit drinking for years, then quitting is not your issue.

Be honest with yourself and try to identify the TRIGGER that pushes you back, and eventually out of control and in the same hole.

Find out what that is and take THAT to God and ask for help in defeating it.

God Knows the desires of your heart. He can and will help you.

Finally, seek His favor, rather than favor of men.( though it always helps to have the support of family and friends, no doubt!)

P..S I'm VERY confident you can achieve this.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:51 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Guys,

You're my boy, Blue.

You have my number. Never hesitate to use it.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 06:54 PM 08-20-2019
I always admired the way you were cool with everybody on the board. I have know idea how to handle something like alcoholism but I’m rooting for you to find some peace and conquer it. I’m rooting for you.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:59 PM 08-20-2019
Take some extra Vitamin B complex. Alcoholics often have deficiencies in them from drinking. Better yet, get tested by a functional medicine doctor who can write a requisition for some blood work that includes a whole nutritional profile to build-up your health.

You take care SimplyRed. I understand what it's like somewhat; grandpa, an uncle and a cousin have been alcoholics.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 26
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up