ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 100
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
UteChief 02:14 PM 04-23-2024
Honestly how doesn’t this argument get fucking tiring. Who gives a damn. It’s impossible to argue across generations.

That being said. Fuck LeJames! I can’t wait until he retires and I can watch the NBA again.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:24 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
LeBron statistically blows MJ out of the water at this point.

As for MVPs, see the discussion over the sketchy nature of those last week. Both MJ and LeBron should have won at least double the amount of MVPs that they actually won, so it's kind of a silly thing to bring up anyway.
I mean MJ dominates him in pretty much every award. You must concede this. It's fact and he did it in fewer years...

Statistically, he blows MJ out of the water...except for the most important statistic:

LoneWolf 02:34 PM 04-23-2024
Sucks? No, I don't think anybody outside of perhaps Clay might think that.

Unwilling to accept he's the greatest basketball player who ever lived despite every bit of evidence that suggests to the contrary? Yeah, I'd say so. There's not one player in basketball history who could have anywhere close to the kind of impact he did on the game yesterday in year 21. Instead of simply appreciating that, we have people trying to denigrate him for allegedly not being clutch (despite being probably the clutchest playoff performer statistically in history). Very sad stuff.
He has a losing record in the finals. You simply cannot be the GOAT with that kind of finals record. He’s a soft player that doesn’t raise the play of those around him. He’s one of the worst leaders in the history of the sport.

Jordan was an asshole, but he inspired others to greatness. So did Kobe and Magic.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:40 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
He has a losing record in the finals. You simply cannot be the GOAT with that kind of finals record. He’s a soft player that doesn’t raise the play of those around him. He’s one of the worst leaders in the history of the sport.

Jordan was an asshole, but he inspired others to greatness. So did Kobe and Magic.
I hate defending KCC (because he's a rerun), but I disagree with this take. Making the Finals and losing is BETTER than not making the Finals at all (in a given year). I don't understand the argument otherwise.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:41 PM 04-23-2024
Who finished #1 in the AP Poll that year?
If Dayton finished #1 in that poll, your butt would be calling it fake.

Hypocrite.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:49 PM 04-23-2024
This argument seems to be about as fruitful as the discussion about whether Rashee Rice will be cleared of all wrongdoing tomorrow or sentenced to death.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:03 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You can't even appreciate the greatness of Jokic, so you should probably just avoid the NBA all together...
I acknowledge his greatness. I don't have to like it.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 03:11 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I hate defending KCC (because he's a rerun), but I disagree with this take. Making the Finals and losing is BETTER than not making the Finals at all (in a given year). I don't understand the argument otherwise.
If Tom Brady had played in 10 Super Bowls and won 4 of them, would he still be considered the GOAT? The answer to that question is no.

If getting to the championship game and losing is something that builds your GOAT resume, why doesn't Jim Kelly get more love as one of the all time great QBs? His teams made 4 straight Super Bowls.

LeDouche's teams have drastically underachieved in most seasons including losing in the Finals to lesser teams numerous times. He isn't a leader and to be considered the best you have to be a leader people follow and your leadership has to raise their level of play.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:36 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
If Tom Brady had played in 10 Super Bowls and won 4 of them, would he still be considered the GOAT? The answer to that question is no.

If getting to the championship game and losing is something that builds your GOAT resume, why doesn't Jim Kelly get more love as one of the all time great QBs? His teams made 4 straight Super Bowls.

LeDouche's teams have drastically underachieved in most seasons including losing in the Finals to lesser teams numerous times. He isn't a leader and to be considered the best you have to be a leader people follow and your leadership has to raise their level of play.
Wins are clearly better and I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise. But losing in the Finals (or Super Bowl) is a hell of a lot better than not making it at all that season. There is zero argument to the counter.

Kelly should get credit for the 4 straight SBs, but he also has ZERO wins.

Are you seriously arguing that Pat would be viewed as BETTER if he had lost to Buffalo in the AFC Championship Game or if the Chiefs had missed the playoffs altogether in 2021?!?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:05 PM 04-23-2024
The NBA changing to an analytical approach with the three point shot has allowed inferior teams to win championships in the last 15 years that normally in previous generations before wouldn't even have a chance.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:05 PM 04-23-2024

One thing this Lakers-Nuggets series is doing is confirming what I've been saying for YEARS. Which is that 95% of LeBron hatred is rooted in insecurity about him being better than MJ.

It's not about his fans or his tattoos or him changing teams, it's always been about him…

— Barry (@BarryOnHere) April 23, 2024

[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:07 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The NBA changing to an analytical approach with the three point shot has allowed inferior teams to win championships in the last 15 years that normally in previous generations before wouldn't even have a chance.
I feel like you're trying to take a shot at LeBron here about the inferior teams winning championships, but without threes, he probably would have dominated the game even more than he did. He's easily the best athlete to ever play in the NBA and could get to the rim/bowl over people in his prime at his size/strength like nobody ever has.

The emphasis on threes is what allowed teams like the Warriors/Curry to dominate.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:07 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This argument seems to be about as fruitful as the discussion about whether Rashee Rice will be cleared of all wrongdoing tomorrow or sentenced to death.
Yeah, let's get back to arguing whether the Cowboys or Chargers will win more off season SB trophies...
[Reply]
New World Order 04:09 PM 04-23-2024
I feel like you're trying to take a shot at LeBron here about the inferior teams winning championships, but without threes, he probably would have dominated the game even more than he did. He's easily the best athlete to ever play in the NBA and could get to the rim/bowl over people in his prime at his size/strength like nobody ever has.
Remember when he averaged 17 ppg against dinosaur Jason Kidd in the Mavs finals series?

Good times
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:11 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Remember when he averaged 17 ppg against dinosaur Jason Kidd in the Mavs finals series?

Good times
I remember MJ's awful series against the Pistons too. It just didn't happen in the Finals, so it allegedly doesn't count.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 100
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591 > Last »
Up