ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Media Center>Amazon Prime Video
DaneMcCloud 09:01 PM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Watched the first episode.

Ron Livingston is a national treasure. :-)
My wife and I were at a fight at Caesars in Vegas a few years back and before I ran into Cuba Gooding, Jr and drank with him for a few hours, I ran into Ron Livingston.

Ron's been in a so many good things, from Office Space to Band of Brothers to Swingers and so on that I didn't even know where to begin, so I didn't. Instead, we just had a few drinks, chatted a bit and I left him with "Dude, I really enjoy your work. Have a great night!".

He was just as cool and real you'd expect.

Cuba, on the other hand...
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:17 PM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
My wife and I were at a fight at Caesars in Vegas a few years back and before I ran into Cuba Gooding, Jr and drank with him for a few hours, I ran into Ron Livingston.

Ron's been in a so many good things, from Office Space to Band of Brothers to Swingers and so on that I didn't even know where to begin, so I didn't. Instead, we just had a few drinks, chatted a bit and I left him with "Dude, I really enjoy your work. Have a great night!".

He was just as cool and real you'd expect.

Cuba, on the other hand...
Cuba seems wound pretty tight. I still enjoy a lot of stuff he's in.

Good to know Ron Livingston is a decent human. I've managed to separate the two in my head, but the more good people on the planet the better.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:46 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
If you're looking for Prime content, check out Loudermilk.

Binged all of this.

Let me preface this. I don't normally do comedies. Most of them just don't do a ton for me. The ones I've done have managed to get me invested quickly. Which this one did. And frankly I'm not sure why. I don't have addiction issues, I have never been in any aspect of recovery, but I am open to being an asshole, I suppose. :-)

There was some dumb shit in there I rolled my eyes at and jokes that fell flat for me, but the overall story kept me in and had me rooting for Loudermilk and the kid at least. And there were enough compelling moments in there to keep me in it. Plus some stuff that was legitimately funny and kept me coming back.

Really good watch. Thanks for the heads up.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:50 PM 09-22-2021
If you're looking for Prime content, check out Loudermilk.

Tossing it into the mix, will report back.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:09 AM 09-23-2021
I can’t believe I just watched an entire documentary series on a ****ing women’s clothing pyramid scheme “lula rich”. Just goes to show that if it’s well done enough, I’ll watch a documentary on anything.
[Reply]
unlurking 04:19 PM 05-27-2021
Also, Cooties is a fun riff on zombie movies and available on Prime. Found it after turning off Army of Darkness and figured it couldn't be any worse. lol

[Reply]
rocknrolla 05:37 PM 06-28-2021
Also, Cooties is a fun riff on zombie movies and available on Prime. Found it after turning off Army of Darkness and figured it couldn't be any worse. lol

Good brainless fun!
[Reply]
Rausch 12:57 PM 05-31-2021
With nothing to watch at theaters me and the wife have decided to catch up on some series. We're rewatching Breaking Bad (her for the first time) and loving it. We plan to catch up with American Gods and rewatch Deadwood and Six Feet Under...
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:30 AM 06-01-2021
That’s fucking madness. Why are they sitting outside the harbor? Is it a labor thing to get them unloaded or what?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:40 AM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That’s fucking madness. Why are they sitting outside the harbor? Is it a labor thing to get them unloaded or what?
Yeah, it's labor. And it's not a labor shortage, per se, it's just that they cannot unload the ships fast enough.

COVID really changed everything, from the way people shop to the way we eat to the way we exercise to the way we work. Companies just can't keep up with the demand and there's been an explosion in home gym equipment from Pelaton, Tonal, Echelon, Horizon and so many others.

Prices just keep increasing due to shortages but it's not stopping people from purchasing items in stock. My best friend has owned his own Pro Audio/Musical Instrument online business since 1999 and he's about to go under because he can't get product. I mentioned in a related thread that computer parts are sky high right now as well and there's no end in sight, especially with the chip shortage. I paid $179 plus tax for a dopey GeForce 1030 Graphics card, which was $49 dollars a year ago but if I wanted to complete my computer, I didn't have any choice but to purchase the card at that price.

My biggest fear is that once people have become accustomed to paying 30% more for items is that those prices will never come down again, even after there's plenty of stock. It really feels like a slippery slope and I sure as hell hope I'm wrong.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:39 PM 06-01-2021
YMy biggest fear is that once people have become accustomed to paying 30% more for items is that those prices will never come down again, even after there's plenty of stock. It really feels like a slippery slope and I sure as hell hope I'm wrong.
Dude, I wish I could tell you you're wrong but you know damn well you're not.

People get desensitized to the price increases over time.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:53 PM 06-01-2021

My biggest fear is that once people have become accustomed to paying 30% more for items is that those prices will never come down again, even after there's plenty of stock. It really feels like a slippery slope and I sure as hell hope I'm wrong.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Some items will remain high, but others have already dropped in price, TVs and other commodity items. Even new 2021 models are already selling for under MSRP.

As items begin to roll back into stock, demand will decrease and prices will follow.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:55 PM 06-01-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Some items will remain high, but others have already dropped in price, TVs and other commodity items. Even new 2021 models are already selling for under MSRP.

As items begin to roll back into stock, demand will decrease and prices will follow.
The chip shortage is expected to raise the price of TV's by 30% or more later this year and into next year, so just like with computer parts, if you're planning to buy, buy now because the prices are not coming down anytime soon.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:55 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Is it just me or does monopoly seem to be the growing norm in most industries now? I know I'm a paranoid fuck but it seems like every major news event is somehow strangling products and resources. The Rona, the riots, the shipwreck, even the weather in Taiwan...
[Reply]
Bowser 01:07 PM 06-01-2021
People who aren't working for UPS, FedEx, USPS, or Amazon just don't understand the sheer volume of shit that is flowing through all those entities. It is pure insanity the amount of packages being delivered these days. Think of it as Christmas season times five for going on a year and a half straight.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up