ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 200 of 256
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204210250 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:19 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I haven't turned on my PS5 in a month. There's just nothing out there I want to play right now.
You can place your PS5 in my home.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
You've outgrown gaming :-)
I think that might be the case. I just can't get excited to game anymore. I used to wake up every day wanting to play and I just don't know. The extent of my gaming recently has been playing casual games with my wife on Xbox.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:26 AM 03-21-2023
I think that might be the case. I just can't get excited to game anymore. I used to wake up every day wanting to play and I just don't know. The extent of my gaming recently has been playing casual games with my wife on Xbox.
It's good to take a break every now and then. When you are younger, you try out more games and have more free time. As you get older, you start curating more to find which genre(s) really excite you, but it also spaces out the time between releases you really enjoy. I can promise you'll likely get to play titles you enjoy in the future.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:28 AM 03-21-2023
My list of types of games throughout my life has certainly narrowed, then again a couple new genres did popup but I've been through droughts for sure. This year is not one of those times. So many great games in my wheelhouse coming out then there are faves I can jump back into but get bored with because they lack new content.

Back in the day I used to love the rich RPG stuff now the stories are just too meh and I need the quickfix Roguelike or ARPG looter with satisfying visuals to really push me.

Also in the past I loved RTS games but there just aren't many in that genre, it's kind of dying. I would love for EA to redo Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth but I doubt that ever happens.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:32 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
It's good to take a break every now and then. When you are younger, you try out more games and have more free time. As you get older, you start curating more to find which genre(s) really excite you, but it also spaces out the time between releases you really enjoy. I can promise you'll likely get to play titles you enjoy in the future.
Indie titles make it easy to find something to play, they've really changed the landscape of gaming.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:34 AM 03-21-2023
Indie titles make it easy to find something to play, they've really changed the landscape of gaming.
Yeah dude, if no one listens to my recommendations, they should definitely listen to yours. You have nigh impeccable gaming tastes, and I don't throw that around often.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:58 AM 03-21-2023
Yeah dude, if no one listens to my recommendations, they should definitely listen to yours. You have nigh impeccable gaming tastes, and I don't throw that around often.
Haha thanks man, I think I just evolved as gaming has and it has certainly changed over the years. I know many don't like the genre but Looter Shooters are super fun and can be satisfying if you're into doing builds. Since I played games such as Diablo and other ARPG's doing builds in games like Division and such can be satisfying and can also be played solo or in friend only groups.

I'm doing Last Epoch right now and I haven't had this much fun certainly since Torchlight 2 and possibly even Diablo 2. Making satisfying builds that can clear close to if not the hardest content can be an extreme amount of fun and requires a lot of hunting.

You also have roguelikes such as Returnal or some card based battlers like Vault of the Void or Monster train that you can always hop into for more of the quickfix stuff. Libraries evolve so it seems I always have something to play or go back to. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:35 PM 03-21-2023
The only "shooter" I play is Far Cry.

I'm mostly into RPG's/action RPG's. I've never gotten into playing shooters, especially not online.

So yeah, gaming may have just passed me by.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:40 PM 03-21-2023
Htismaqe doesn't know the joy of playing some chicken police.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:50 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Htismaqe doesn't know the joy of playing some chicken police.
Since I've never heard of "chicken police" you are indeed correct. :-)
[Reply]
lcarus 12:52 PM 03-21-2023
If I thought the new PGA golf game was gonna be as fun as the old Tiger Woods games used to be, I'd be all in for that. But I really can't wait for RE4. And Silent Hill 2 whenever the hell that comes out.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:56 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by lcarus:
If I thought the new PGA golf game was gonna be as fun as the old Tiger Woods games used to be, I'd be all in for that. But I really can't wait for RE4. And Silent Hill 2 whenever the hell that comes out.
New PGA game runs at 30 fps which is just ass in this day and age.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:16 PM 03-21-2023
The only "shooter" I play is Far Cry.

I'm mostly into RPG's/action RPG's. I've never gotten into playing shooters, especially not online.

So yeah, gaming may have just passed me by.
I can Solo almost anything in Division and the gameplay loop in the open world is extremely satisfying. Then again I fell in love with Mass Effects cover shooter system so Division was the natural progression of that. It has some great min maxing and build diversity as well which is pretty much what I chase wandering around the HUGE open world. Never seen an open world game done nearly as well as Division.

Division 1 also had Survival which to this day is probably my favorite roguelike done right, I mean Prey Mooncrash is up there as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:21 PM 03-21-2023
I mean I can Solo almost anything in Division and the gameplay loop in the open world is extremely satisfying. Then again I fell in love with Mass Effects cover shooter system so Division was the natural progression of that. It has some great min maxing and build diversity as well which is pretty much what I chase wandering around the HUGE open world. Never seen an open world game done nearly as well as Division.

Division 1 also had Survival which to this day is probably my favorite roguelike done right, I mean Prey Mooncrash is up there as well.
Sounds like I'm going to have to check out Division.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:26 PM 03-21-2023
New PGA game runs at 30 fps which is just ass in this day and age.
I'll stick to Hot Shots golf.........more fun.
[Reply]
Page 200 of 256
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204210250 > Last »
Up