ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 163
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
Extra Point 04:23 PM 12-19-2009
I have an ACORN hat that would look good on a deer head mount. PM you address to me, and I'll send it, gratis.
[Reply]
xbarretx 04:13 PM 12-28-2009
Man, im on a bit of a dry spell this year. Having no luck filling my deer (antlered) tag late season. LaCygne, and Hillsdale, have yet to show me any love and im anxious to try out my Magus Buzzcuts. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 04:22 PM 12-28-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skp_vaaovGo

[Reply]
NewChief 12:00 PM 01-10-2010
My brother is building a massive cabin for this wealthy fellow's duck hunting camp over in eastern Arkansas. Check out this pic:

I'd say the guy has a few ducks.
[Reply]
kstater 12:04 PM 01-10-2010
Awesome shot. But the majority of those look like geese. Got an address? Can you ask permission for me to hunt?
[Reply]
NewChief 12:08 PM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by kstater:
Awesome shot. But the majority of those look like geese. Got an address? Can you ask permission for me to hunt?
Yeah, he just posted to his flickr stream, and I shared it up here. That was the comment I left though, "Ducks or geese?" As for an invite, I'm afraid it's all private.
[Reply]
NewChief 12:09 PM 01-10-2010
Here's another one that is a little different:

[Reply]
kstater 12:12 PM 01-10-2010
That's a good photo. Does he mind if I use that as a background?
[Reply]
NewChief 12:13 PM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by kstater:
That's a good photo. Does he mind if I use that as a background?
Nah, I'm sure he'd be flattered. He's a hell of a photographer, but it's just his hobby.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 12:37 PM 01-10-2010
Gonna do some coyote calling this evening. with little warm up could be good on the snow
[Reply]
Bill Lundberg 12:52 PM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by NewPhin:
My brother is building a massive cabin for this wealthy fellow's duck hunting camp over in eastern Arkansas. Check out this pic:

I'd say the guy has a few ducks.
Looks like mostly Snow Geese, Speckle Bellies and Blues
[Reply]
Fish 10:49 AM 01-11-2010
Had pretty good luck this last weekend. Went up home for second doe only season. Holy shit the population is still damn near out of control. I swear we saw several field that couldn't have had less than 50 or 60 deer. And in several fields there must have been close to 100. Took my pheasant hunting buddy up with me, and he ended up bagging his first deer ever. Little bitty bitch, but he was pumped up getting his first. He had a blast and is already begging me to take him for buck season next year. I made him clean his own, and he jumped right in there and got it done. He was mighty proud of that little greyhound... I mean doe.

At the end of the weekend, we had 17 deer hanging in the shed. 5 of them were from the previous hunt, but a dozen deer for the weekend isn't too bad. That should give us plenty of meat for the year.

Here's a pic of most of them hanging in the shed. Eventually we ran out of room to hang them. Yes they are all legally tagged.

[Reply]
RAWR 10:52 AM 01-11-2010
I'm guessing you don't need a jerkey making machine like myself. Any man who has that many turds hangin in the barn has his own dehydrater and family recipe.
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:57 AM 01-11-2010
got 18 coyotes this sunday, 13 last sunday, and 5 before that... go every Sunday morning...

numbers are going up the more snow we get, the easier it is to pinpoint where they are going to be at...
[Reply]
Fish 11:04 AM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by RAWR:
I'm guessing you don't need a jerkey making machine like myself. Any man who has that many turds hangin in the barn has his own dehydrater and family recipe.
Yeah... I've got a good dehydrator that doesn't provide heat. It works very well for jerky. I'm excited to get the damn things processed so I can get to making some already. I ran out of deer meat earlier than normal this last year. Didn't want to make that mistake this year....

We're hauling them all down to my uncle's place to process them in a week or so. My family does all our own processing. Getting pretty fancy these days with an industrial grinder, nice table saw, etc. We'll hack through these deer in one drunken afternoon I'm sure. Usually uncle breaks out the moonshine when we're processing. Somehow no one has lost any fingers yet....
[Reply]
Page 56 of 163
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Up