ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 26
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
Simply Red 02:58 PM 08-20-2019
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
[Reply]
Unsmooth-Moment 08:22 AM 08-24-2019
Good luck to you on this journey. I've struggled with alcohol since college and still actively do. I hope you are able to rid the poison permanently this time.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:28 AM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Another post about your drinking problem? It's been ongoing for many, many years. We can't help you with your problem. Get real help and don't be an attention whore on a Chiefs bulletin board.
Toodaloo
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 08:32 AM 08-24-2019
Good luck to you SR.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:33 AM 08-24-2019
Fuck Stewie. Addiction is a lifelong problem. Anyone post here as much as needed if it helps.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:02 AM 08-24-2019
Every one of us can accomplish any thing we want to do. Get your mind right!

[Reply]
wazu 09:11 AM 08-24-2019
Another post about your drinking problem? It's been ongoing for many, many years. We can't help you with your problem. Get real help and don't be an attention whore on a Chiefs bulletin board.
Kicking a man who is down and reaching out for support from friends. This is who you are.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:37 AM 08-24-2019
The fuck is your problem man?
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:55 AM 08-24-2019
Thanks Sauto and the rest of you. Burt and Hog - I finally had a great night's sleep and I'm going to watch my favorite NFL Sporting franchise home-town Kansas City Chiefs tonight!
[Reply]
burt 11:05 AM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Thanks Sauto and the rest of you. Burt and Hog - I finally had a great night's sleep and I'm going to watch my favorite NFL Sporting franchise home-town Kansas City Chiefs tonight!
I am so happy for you. For the 3rd night in a row, I went to bed about 12:30, woke at 2-2:30 and couldn't go back to sleep until 5...got out of bed at 7...I'm wearing out! But I did expect hurdles. AND tonight, our team plays!!! LOL, even if it is pre season.

And Stewie? I have had drinking issues for years, you wanna give me some shit? Yep, takes a big man to kick a guy who is down and trying to get back up. Fuck you, dude.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:33 PM 08-24-2019
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:39 PM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by burt:
Red, Earlier this month, things just weren't right. I was tired all the time. Then I got dizzy spells. Had a few at work and they told me to go to the ER. Turns out my Blood Pressure meds were too high and a bad mix...I was dehydrated so bad I had kidney problems...and heart issues. Long story short I have 7 blockages in my arteries...40% up to the two 70% and one 75% I am too far gone to be eligible for stints. IF I don't reverse the blockage, the only way is bypass. Eating bad, smoking and drinking like a fish all contributed to this.

I haven't smoked since the 3rd, nor drank. I am on a heart healthy diet. You are making a great decision unless you want to be 58, in a hospital for 7 days and wondering if you're gonna have to have your chest opened. I am dealing with withdrawal of nicotine AND alcohol. But I sure don't want my chest cracked open.

When they asked me how much I drank, I said, "About a gallon a week." Of what they asked. "Tequila".

Let's you and me live a lot longer and fight the good fight. I am here if you want an ear. I will be going through the same things you will. Hell, I already am. But let's do it and live a lot longer!
This is not a brag, but my old man is pushing 70. He still smokes damn near 2 packs a day.

For years he had this crazy ass routine EVERY DAY of my childhood. Work hard, crack a beer first thing. He'd put down 4-6 beers while dinner was being prepared (if he was grilling, he'd burn whatever he was cooking). Once dinner started, it was whiskey and water. He'd pass out between 8 and 9 PM, wake up about 2:30, make a new drink, go to bed, and then wake up at 5. At his worst he was going through a full gallon a night and was buying shit by the case weekly.

If I tried to drink what he had on his average night, I'd die. It also gave me a VERY skewed view of what an 'alcoholic' was because he was, for the most part, functional. I mean when I was 10 I just thought that's what people DID.

Anyway, I know how this condition hurts people and the people they care about. Nuthin but love SR.
[Reply]
burt 12:53 PM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:

If I tried to drink what he had on his average night, I'd die. It also gave me a VERY skewed view of what an 'alcoholic' was because he was, for the most part, functional. I mean when I was 10 I just thought that's what people DID.

Anyway, I know how this condition hurts people and the people they care about. Nuthin but love SR.
Doc's told me quit or get bypass. I'm too far progressed for stints. Fuck that. I don't want any one elbow deep in my chest. No Smoke, no drink, eat healthy. It's screwing with me a bit....but changing that much at once is bound to jack with me! I am committed and hope SR is. For his sake.

Oh, and fuck Stewie.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:28 PM 08-24-2019
You obviously know what it takes to be sober, you just have to do it and WANT to do it. I honestly don't mind being straight. I like it much better than the alternative.

Best of luck!
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:50 PM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
You obviously know what it takes to be sober, you just have to do it and WANT to do it. I honestly don't mind being straight. I like it much better than the alternative.

Best of luck!
Thanks bud! :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:51 PM 08-24-2019
I installed a new toiled seat and dropped a lengthy clean break a few mins ago as it's first usage. It's going to be a darned good night!
[Reply]
Page 11 of 26
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up