ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 26
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
Simply Red 02:58 PM 08-20-2019
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys
[Reply]
MIAdragon 03:00 PM 08-20-2019
Xoxo, if you’re out of gas at the beach will totally wire you twenty bucks.
[Reply]
Kman34 03:01 PM 08-20-2019
Glad to hear you are making a change... I’m sure it isn’t easy.. You need anything let me know..
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:01 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Xoxo
it was a long and dark ride this last time. Thank you man
[Reply]
LoneWolf 03:03 PM 08-20-2019
I believe admitting that you are an alcoholic and realizing that you are never recovered but recovering is the first step in getting sober for good. I applaude your self-awareness and wish you luck. Addiction is a heavy cross to bear.

If you ever feel like falling off the wagon and need someone to talk to, shoot me a PM. I have a long list of alcoholics in my family and I've gotten good at listening and helping them attempt to stay sober.
[Reply]
chinaski 03:11 PM 08-20-2019
I'm no angel either and have certainly struggled with it myself. I have definitely harmed my body over the years for sure. I can give it up fairly easily though with no detrimental effects. I'm kind of back on the wagon myself lately, so we can do this together!

My sister died from complications directly related to alcohol abuse...it's a horrible thing.

Stay Strong Brother.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:14 PM 08-20-2019
I appreciate you guys, I just wanted to cement this out there, It's 'set in stone' - I can't look back now. You all can let this die - but if any of you need help, i'm here as well.

Ty
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:24 PM 08-20-2019
Coming up on 9 months without a drink or a drug...if I can do it, anyone can.

Love you, SR!
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:26 PM 08-20-2019
I'm a friend of Bill's myself. Got clean 11 years ago and sober 8 years ago. I drank socially for a few months after 5 years, and then got sober again 3 years ago.

If you ever need anything man pm me.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 03:27 PM 08-20-2019
Good luck SR!!!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:28 PM 08-20-2019
you best check into this thread every week or I’m hunting that ass down on Facebook
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:28 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys

Love you, too SR. Good luck on the continual path of recovery. If you have any questions about treatments, let me know.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:29 PM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you best check into this thread every week or I’m hunting that ass down on Facebook
i will plan on every month or so - it's a fine line from attention whoring - but I suppose it's a 'cry for help' at the same time. A pact or something like that.
[Reply]
MTG#10 08-20-2019, 03:32 PM
This message has been deleted by SAUTO. Reason: Sorry but it was an ass hole post
SAUTO 03:37 PM 08-20-2019
Hey, good on you man. You need anything feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm always here
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:37 PM 08-20-2019
Best of luck, SR. Love you, man.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 26
1 234511 > Last »
Up