ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 26
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Media Center>Whats your Favorite Podcasts?
SLAG 07:42 PM 05-22-2007
I wanna know
[Reply]
Huffmeister 08:12 PM 08-05-2013
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Alton Brown has joined the Nerdist network and is hosting his own show.

If you're picturing the guy from Good Eats rambling entertainingly about the finer points of gastronomy, you wouldn't be wrong.
I've enjoyed his podcast so far. Of course, it helps when he has iron chefs on as guests. I never thought I'd learn about owning race horses from Bobby Flay on a podcast.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:07 PM 08-06-2013
Originally Posted by Huffmeister:
I've enjoyed his podcast so far. Of course, it helps when he has iron chefs on as guests. I never thought I'd learn about owning race horses from Bobby Flay on a podcast.
The episode on southern cooking, and biscuits in particular, had me awash in waves of nostalgia. My grandma made the best biscuits I ever ate, and that's not just nepotism. We would go down there on holidays and strangers [often, to me] and family members would drop in at the crack of dawn, some just happened to be around [and she lived in rural, RURAL, LA] some were on a road trip and swung by. Everyone made a concerted effort to get there when her biscuits would be coming out of the oven. Made about 3-4 dozen every morning. Nothing to document the process but her hands and her brain. Honey, real butter, Johnny's Sorghum, Paw-paw [southern tree fruit that had the consistency of a real big raisin or a mango, looked like a brown lemon with a tangerine-like skin, you can pick them green or assorted shades of yellow but brown is the best, and a flavor somewhere between apple butter and spiced bourbon] jelly.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:20 AM 08-08-2013
WTF?!?!? Dana Gould divorced Sue Naegle?

Leaving the BILLIONAIRE Entertainment Demi-Goddess who gave the Emmy Award Winning Comic leeway to generate humor and raise a loving family because he wasn't 'growing' at a proper rate?

Hollywood IS filled with weirdos.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:10 AM 08-08-2013
ACS: Carolla and Mohr with Mohr playing 'Big Mama,' waaaayy funnier than Jo Koy's obstructionist PF Chang's Maitre d'. [Though it was HILARIOUS to hear Pardo mock Jo Koy's bit premises on Todd Glass Show].

'Dawson move your head awkwardly.' :-) :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:12 PM 08-18-2013
PFT's Richard Harrow cracked me up with the first 'Boo'

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:43 PM 09-24-2013
A to that P straight crushing the rap battle

Amy at 5:30
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:00 AM 10-16-2013
Casey Wilson, as the group discusses Hollywood problems like they were legitimate complaints.

'You gu-uys, you think we should commit sui after the show?'

Nerdist

:-) :-)

BTW - has anyone checked out 'Getting Doug with High' Basically Doug Benson bringing in celebs to smoke up and chat for a bit while altered on the internet. Haven't seen it yet, but thinking about it.
[Reply]
Silock 05:47 AM 10-30-2013
New Hardcore History just came out! Looks like a new series on WW1.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:26 PM 11-08-2013
Late to the party, but Welcome to Night Vale is AWESOME.

http://podbay.fm/show/536258179

Described as 'A Prairie Home Companion' as written by Stephen King, it's a fake newscast covering local events, that skew to dark humor and dark horror at a moment's notice. Riffs on every imaginable conspiracy theory. A little Art Bell, a little X-files, a little Affirmation Nation with Bob Ducca.

Don't believe me, check the reviews in itunes.

If you don't have time for the entire podcast [episodes are only about 20min each], rummage through Night Vale Weather;

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVFSq6W_jas3ioU16g8CHZg

their weekly music selection. Some of the most consistently excellent obscure or minor label music around.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:51 PM 11-09-2013
Bill Simmons.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:58 PM 11-16-2013
Adomian is back on The Todd Glass Show, and it is GLORIOUS.

Absolutely no structure, just Todd goading him into a mess of bits, riffing on ridiculous songs [Sinatra's Bim Bam Baby, Clarence Carter's Strokin,' a couple of songs that are hilarious in their own right], shuffling through his characters.

I'm in tears from laughing at 'Merrill Schindler' singing to The Charleston.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:17 AM 11-27-2013
:-) :-) :-)

Alison Rosen's new EPIC guitar solo

"Weedily weedily!!"

#topdrop
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:45 PM 11-28-2013
I like the Nerdist podcast and Alton Brown's.
[Reply]
Silock 02:26 AM 11-29-2013
Alton Brown's was more interesting at the beginning. The interview-only format got a little boring because I don't watch Top Chef.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:33 AM 11-29-2013
Originally Posted by Silock:
Alton Brown's was more interesting at the beginning. The interview-only format got a little boring because I don't watch Top Chef.
I've been catching up on Nerdists so I'm behind on AB. Explain please.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 26
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up