ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you believe this team and win @Bal & @NE?
Yes 148 70.81%
No 61 29.19%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you believe this team can win @Bal AND @NE in January?
staylor26 07:25 PM 12-02-2019
Do you feel confident in this team to get to the SB as the 3/4 seed?
[Reply]
tk13 09:16 PM 12-02-2019
It's kind of the scary part of having a team with a great QB and yet to be proven defense. You can see this team going into 1 seed Baltimore and getting into a shootout and beating them, and you can also see a team like Buffalo coming in to Arrowhead with a top defense and running it down our throat in round 1 and giving us a hard time.
[Reply]
EPodolak 09:24 PM 12-02-2019
Hard to get used to optimism where the team is concerned.

I've been around since the early days, the Chiefs have always been reliable meeting dim expectations. #15 has some powers that don't fit the old narrative, feels too foreign.

Thinking I'll abstain from this poll.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:27 PM 12-02-2019
As far as the games go, sure. I'm more confident than any other Chiefs team - including last year because we hadn't seen it in the playoffs before. I wouldn't bet money, but I'm way more confident.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And as I ponder on this question....man, if anyone isn't pissed off enough about the Colts and Titans games - games we just gave away - you really need to reconsider your stance.

This team should be 10-2 and in firm control of its playoff destiny. It should be 1 win next week away from coasting to the 1 seed and only needing to play one of those teams. At home.

Now they're going to need to play 3 games against 3 tough teams (Bills or Titans will give them fits) and then BOTH of those teams. On the road.

This whole 'nothing matters but the playoffs' view that seems to have taken over falls apart when you subject it to reasonable scrutiny. The Chiefs, by mailing in a couple of games they had no business losing, have made things almost unimaginably difficult for themselves.

Yeah, that should really piss you off.
I am and have been beyond furious. I don't know who those Chiefs teams were, but the prevailing theory is our team was taken for ransom and those fucks were fill ins or something. I'm glad Clark paid the ransom because those fucking south teams aren't materially better than the Faid.

The AFC is so bizarre this year.

Best throwing QB in the league's been hurt and had 3 or 4 pretty sub-par games including 2 in a row that would grade out as below average by modern NFL standards.

The 1 seed has a QB who specializes in Tim Tebow style easy throws into open spaces created by his legs. The #2 seed has father time looking like Damon Huard out there.

The team with the 3rd best record has a QB who can't hit the broad side of a barn but if he did, he could throw the ball through it and somehow has a 9-3 team. The Texans are a lot like the Jekyll and Hyde Chiefs.

And somehow the !@#$ing STEELERS are in playoff position. With...nobody. And if they don't make it it's gonna be because Ryan Tannehill, who wasn't good enough for a team openly tanking, has taken the Titans back to relevance.

The 2019 AFC is as strange as any conference I can ever remember. There's truly no way of knowing where this is gonna go. Which is why I'd REALLY like to have a bye and HFA. With as crazy as everything is, having fewer games and having them at home has to be an advantage, doesn't it?
Agreed on all counts.
[Reply]
carcosa 09:27 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Yip
^^^THIS!!!!!^^^
[Reply]
carcosa 09:30 PM 12-02-2019
Everyone who voted "no" can GET FUCKED!!!!!!!
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:34 PM 12-02-2019
Good to see your nutsacks grew back.

Sunday will be a preview of the end for Tom. We go in dry.

Baltimore? Well, we had those bitches down 30-13 before Reid called off the dogs. Oh, they added a corner that Pat abused in practice on the daily? Ya don’t say...
[Reply]
KurtCobain 09:56 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
But could we beat them if we had drafted Watson instead of Mahomes?
Wtf is highlandville?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:58 PM 12-02-2019
The AFC is so bizarre this year.

Best throwing QB in the league's been hurt and had 3 or 4 pretty sub-par games including 2 in a row that would grade out as below average by modern NFL standards.

The 1 seed has a QB who specializes in Tim Tebow style easy throws into open spaces created by his legs. The #2 seed has father time looking like Damon Huard out there.

The team with the 3rd best record has a QB who can't hit the broad side of a barn but if he did, he could throw the ball through it and somehow has a 9-3 team. The Texans are a lot like the Jekyll and Hyde Chiefs.

And somehow the !@#$ing STEELERS are in playoff position. With...nobody. And if they don't make it it's gonna be because Ryan Tannehill, who wasn't good enough for a team openly tanking, has taken the Titans back to relevance.

The 2019 AFC is as strange as any conference I can ever remember. There's truly no way of knowing where this is gonna go. Which is why I'd REALLY like to have a bye and HFA. With as crazy as everything is, having fewer games and having them at home has to be an advantage, doesn't it?
Your analysis is spot on but I will disagree on the last point and take the reverse psychology approach about us being on the road instead. We have not played well at home and have lost more at home than we ever should have to your point. Psychologically the Ravens,Titans,Colts,Texans and Pats are not intimidated by Arrowhead whatsoever with the Ravens wanting revenge. Especially the Titans who have beaten us now 3 times in our house in the last 3yrs. Buffalo if IIRC has a pretty decent record as well in Arrowhead and has nothing to lose because they never expected to get this far. We will be playing anyone of these teams and I say we will play better on the road because we will be more focused and make less mistakes. Subconsciously the players won't be saddled mentally and emotionally with the temptation to think "well we are in Arrowhead" so..........the sense of urgency is not as high as it would be if they are on the road IMHO.

Yes home field advantage in most instances is always better but to your point about this being a weird year something tells me it will be better for us to be on the road.

We will probably get the 3rd or 4th seed with only 1 playoff game at home in the WC and then be on the road the next 2 games assuming we win the 2nd playoff game which is alright by me.:-)
[Reply]
BossChief 10:03 PM 12-02-2019
Fuck Baltimore. We kicked their ass till we took the foot off the gas in the 4th quarter. 30-13 with 13 minutes left. Fuck em.

Fuck New England. We’re about to beat them convincingly Sunday.

This bunch of savages in KC is going to win the fucking Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:07 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
**** Baltimore. We kicked their ass till we took the foot off the gas in the 4th quarter. 30-13 with 13 minutes left. **** em.

**** New England. We’re about to beat them convincingly Sunday.

This bunch of savages in KC is going to win the ****ing Super Bowl.
What is bolded has not been shown yet this season which is my worry. We are not a physical team whatsoever in the trenches especially on both sides of the ball. NOT GOOD !!
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:10 PM 12-02-2019
Iirr The Giants had a worse record when they went to the Super Bowl and beat the Patriots.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:12 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Iirr The Giants had a worse record when they went to the Super Bowl and beat the Patriots.
Yep and they were on the road.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:18 PM 12-02-2019
Of course. They are going to to be the best team within a few weeks but especially by the time we reach the post season.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:21 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
What is bolded has not been shown yet this season which is my worry. We are not a physical team whatsoever in the trenches especially on both sides of the ball. NOT GOOD !!
We beat Baltimore’s ass when:

We had no tyreek
Mahomes had an injured ankle
No Pennell
The defense had poor communication
Saunders and Thornhill hadn’t arrived yet.

I’m not scared of playing anyone in the AFC in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:21 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
The only reason we beat Minnesota was our physicality in the trenches.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up