ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Looking for suggestions: BBQ Sauce
Indian Chief 04:28 PM 12-02-2019
A while back someone on CP had recommended Cowtown's Night of the Living Bar-B-Q Sauce. I wish I remembered who had said it because I'd send you a bottle of bourbon. It was suggested as the best bottled BBQ sauce and I agree. I usually make my own sauces, but this really was fantastic.

I had been getting it on amazon, but they want $16 for 2 bottles and I found it on here, https://www.thekansascitybbqstore.com, for half the price. (And they have free shipping until midnight tonight.) Before I pull the trigger on an order, is there anything else on there that you'd recommend trying? I could use some suggestions for stocking stuffers or general gifts. :-)
[Reply]
stevieray 01:18 PM 12-03-2019
Joe's Kansas City.

rubs are good, too.
[Reply]
srvy 02:41 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
A few of my favorites:

Jack Stack Spicy
Rosedale (I have Wyandotte in my blood)
Papa Bob’s Bobanero
Blind Box (they’ll give you an assortment to try)
My favorite Rosedale is in my blood and im from the Northland. Its the perfect dipping sauce for those crinkle fries. That hot spicy is damn good also but the original I could drink as my beverage:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:43 PM 12-03-2019
Some might scoff because it's stocked in major markets, and their main product is salsa, but Mrs. Renfro's has a darn good Chipotle and Ghost Pepper BBQ.

The Ghost Pepper is darned hot, particularly for a BBQ sauce, but it really livens up beans. I also use it in place of hot sauce or salsa on a burrito. The sweet and smoky really work.

Best selling point aside from the sweet, the smoky and the heat, is it's all 'real' ingredients, peppers, tomatoes, molasses, brown sugar, Worcestershire, etc. Not corn syrup shit.

[Reply]
Buehler445 04:48 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Joe's Kansas City.

rubs are good, too.
Seconded. Really a versatile sauce. Sometimes I can find it around here.
[Reply]
srvy 04:57 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Some might scoff because it's stocked in major markets, and their main product is salsa, but Mrs. Renfro's has a darn good Chipotle and Ghost Pepper BBQ.

The Ghost Pepper is darned hot, particularly for a BBQ sauce, but it really livens up beans. I also use it in place of hot sauce or salsa on a burrito. The sweet and smoky really work.

Best selling point aside from the sweet, the smoky and the heat, is it's all 'real' ingredients, peppers, tomatoes, molasses, brown sugar, Worcestershire, etc. Not corn syrup shit.

Didnt like that ghost pepper q sauce but I swear by their green salsa.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:30 PM 12-03-2019
Anyone remember Mauls?

I used to like it as a kid, but never see it around anymore
[Reply]
chinaski 05:32 PM 12-03-2019
What is Zarda sauce like? I haven't been there in years.
[Reply]
Groves 05:49 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Anyone remember Mauls?

The commercial jingle is permanently in my head. I don’t hate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
srvy 05:53 PM 12-03-2019
Anyone remember Mauls?

Still see it around in Price Chopper and Sunfresh around here. I remember as a kid seeing it around when Mom didnt make her own.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:50 PM 12-05-2019
Shipment got here yesterday.

My Tiger Sauce had a 'best by' date of 10/29/19. That's fairly poor form, is it not?

I've reached out to them to see if they will rectify the situation but we shall see. Shipping the thing back to them would cost half as much as the bottle (and shipping me a new one would eat up any margin they've had on my purchase).

We'll see what happens. I'm not gonna be an assbag about it but I'll give them a chance to step up.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:55 PM 12-05-2019
Anyone remember Mauls?

Maulls owns St. Louis suburbs.

I've never used it, but it's ubiquitous in supermarkets.

Every weekend, suburbadad lights up the gas grill and layers it with St. Louis cut pork ribs slathered in Maull's. You can smell it down every alleyway for miles.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:02 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Shipment got here yesterday.

My Tiger Sauce had a 'best by' date of 10/29/19. That's fairly poor form, is it not?

I've reached out to them to see if they will rectify the situation but we shall see. Shipping the thing back to them would cost half as much as the bottle (and shipping me a new one would eat up any margin they've had on my purchase).

We'll see what happens. I'm not gonna be an assbag about it but I'll give them a chance to step up.
Yay, that's unacceptable. Good on ya for checking dates, I doubt many do, especially when they think they're getting a deal. On surface, it sounds like a dump old product strategy.

For clarity, who did you reach out to, KC BBQ Store? If so, I think an additional note to the root source is warranted, at the minimum, let them know they have a retailer selling their goods past date, which shines black on them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yay, that's unacceptable. Good on ya for checking dates, I doubt many do.

For clarity, who did you reach out to, KC BBQ Store? If so, I think an additional note to the root source is warranted to, at the minimum, let them know they have a retailer selling their goods past date, which shines black on them.
Yeah, reached out to the store.

Like I said, could be just a simple oversight. It happens - we all screw up. I'll give them a chance to make good. Don't need to go blowing up their spot when I can't imagine that 'barbecue distributor' is the easiest racket to make a go of it in. A guy I went to HS with had a similar but smaller shop in the northland that he had to close about 10 years ago because he had some medical bills and the margins just weren't enough to keep it up while he took care of those.

I'll see how they handle it.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:11 PM 12-05-2019

anyone tried that Mississippi heat?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:14 PM 12-05-2019
Anyone remember Mauls?

Yup grew up on that stuff.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7