ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Have we reached critical mass with Reiter and/or Wylie?
DJ's left nut 10:07 AM 12-02-2019
Because those guys were getting mauled. There were a half dozen plays yesterday that simply died at the snap because Reiter and Wylie were immediately pushed into the backfield.

It isn't just about losing a snap, it's about how they're losing theirs (and how quickly). The best you can hope from either of them, especially in the run game, is a draw.

Wisniewski has looked good out there. At the very least, he seems stout at the point of attack. Don't we have to give the guy a look there? As the weather turns and the playoffs arrive, we're gonna HAVE to be able to convert some of these short yardage situations without these long-developing crossers from Hill or the inside screens that teams are largely prepared for now.

I just can't handle watching those two guys get abused anymore. I can handle LDT's mediocre play because at least he's not getting beat immediately and badly. He's not blowing guys off the ball, but he's generally holding his own. But Reiter and Wylie are playing poorly enough that they're smothering some of these plays in the cradle. It's just completely unacceptable.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:38 PM 12-02-2019
Your mother reaches critical mass every time she goes to Golden Corral.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:40 PM 12-02-2019
Not that he would have been a solution necessarily, but I wonder what Kahlil McKenzie is up to on Seattle's practice squad. Has he taken another step with that team, or is he just kind of the same undeveloped inexperienced player he was for us?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:43 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Not that he would have been a solution necessarily, but I wonder what Kahlil McKenzie is up to on Seattle's practice squad. Has he taken another step with that team, or is he just kind of the same undeveloped inexperienced player he was for us?
I was just wondering about him.

It sure seems strange to me that we kept that dude on the active roster for 17 weeks last year when we had some serious roster crunches here and there (Thanks again, Hobo Spirit), but then cut his ass out of camp.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:55 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
:-)

I never realized he was gone.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 05:29 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

I never realized he was gone.
Same lol.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:57 PM 12-02-2019
You’re damn skippy we’ve reached the point of no return

Can’t do much about it this season unfortunately, but yeah it just simply cannot go on like this... late round castoffs/projects simply will NOT do anymore

These interior trash cans gotta GO

SIGNIFICANT draft and free agent resources need to be spent this offseason, it’s been our Achilles heel for far too long
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:37 PM 12-02-2019
As a general rule, I dislike throwing individual players under the bus.

However, these two players haven't performed well at all this year so far. And I can't say which one has been the bigger disappointment.

But with these two Mahomes doesn't have the luxury of consistent protection in the passing game, and we can't run barely at all to the left side/left center, making our run game significantly less effective.

I'm no OL expert, so this is a complete WAG, but I'd like to see Wiz and Erving in at center and LG for the foreseeable future this season. They couldn't do any worse, that's for sure.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:00 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Imagine Mahomes behind a power blocking behemoth of a line.
Like I said a couple of days ago what would Pat do with a Ravens type offensive line?:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:24 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You’re damn skippy we’ve reached the point of no return

Can’t do much about it this season unfortunately, but yeah it just simply cannot go on like this... late round castoffs/projects simply will NOT do anymore

These interior trash cans gotta GO

SIGNIFICANT draft and free agent resources need to be spent this offseason, it’s been our Achilles heel for far too long
We could have kept Hudson or Morse but chose not to. Why would we change philosophy now?
[Reply]
rtmike 07:25 PM 12-02-2019
I read Wiz doesn’t like playing center anymore. He was cut shortly after signing a 4 year. He was beat out at C.
Prior to and I think Super Bowl he was playing LG. But the high draft pick he beat got better and took back his spot so Wiz had to play C if he was to stick.
[Reply]
O.city 07:27 PM 12-02-2019
I’m fine with it but you guys need to look at a team with a great OL and see how it was built.

It’s gonna take some first and second round picks
[Reply]
RunKC 10:56 PM 12-08-2019
Amazing play by Pat but watch these 2, specifically Wylie.

.@PatrickMahomes on the mark!

48-yard TD pass to the rookie @MecoleHardman4! #ChiefsKingdom

��: #KCvsNE on CBS
��: NFL app // Yahoo Sports app
Watch free on mobile: https://t.co/D5AfU98qAh pic.twitter.com/V9WyStI4mJ

— NFL (@NFL) December 8, 2019

Wylie got injured and Wiz took over. Keep Wiz in Andy
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 11:03 PM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Amazing play by Pat but watch these 2, specifically Wylie.

Wylie got injured and Wiz took over. Keep Wiz in Andy
Should put wiz at center and erving at LG. Can't be worse than the Reiter wylie disaster combo.
[Reply]
oldman 11:12 PM 12-08-2019
Wisniewski was at LG for some snaps today. I missed the opening drive and some of the game thanks to Dish. Does anyone know how many snaps he played?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:03 AM 12-30-2019
Sooooo, Reuter still got pushed into the backfield a bunch, but Wisniewski looked pretty damn good.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up