ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs offensive struggles
O.city 09:32 AM 12-02-2019
Last 2 weeks have been pretty shitty on offense. Sure they scored yesterday, but that's against the shitbird Raiders and the Chiefs looked shitty doing it.

Mahomes doesn't look right to my eye. Anyone else notice he seemed to be laboring to even get back to hand the ball off at times? Is he still hurt?

He looks skiddish in the pocket (with the interior OL I guess I get it) but the Chiefs can't win in the playoffs without him being his normal self.

What's everyone's thoughts on whats going on? Am I just seeing shit?
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 12-02-2019
The timing just seems weirdly off. I dunno.

He's missed some throws to Kelce, Watkins is a walking injury and it's just all been off.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:48 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
We aren't going downfield near as much as last year it seems..We should be taking at least 2 or 3 deep shots to Tyreek every week. When we do go deep they seem to be overthrown
Pat’s deep ball accuracy is the worst part of his game which unfortunately neutralizes his arm strength a bit.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:48 AM 12-02-2019
Only on Chiefs Planet could a 40-9 victory be decried as a "shitty day on offense".

The wind was gusting 50mph. Shut the fuck up.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:48 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

He's missed some throws to Kelce, Watkins is a walking injury and it's just all been off.

Kelce dropped a couple too.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:48 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Pat’s deep ball accuracy is the worst part of his game which unfortunately neutralizes his arm strength a bit.
That's not true at all.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Why is that?
Tackles are taught to push guys around the back of the pocket. If the QB drops too far, the tackle doesn't know where he's at and he gets sacked by a guy the tackle pushed behind.

A lot of sacks are on the QB because they drop to deep.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:49 AM 12-02-2019

That aura of invincibility is gone and Pat doesn’t seem sure of himself.

I blame Andy Heck and his bumbling crew of idiots for allowing doubt to creep into his mind about whether or not he’s going to get his leg snapped in half each time he drops back.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:49 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Kelce dropped a couple too.
So did Watkins. It happens.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:50 AM 12-02-2019
Playing conditions are the biggest factor.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:53 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
So did Watkins. It happens.
I’ve had enough of Watkins. He plays like he doesn’t give a shit anymore. He doesn’t attack the ball like he has in the past.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:54 AM 12-02-2019
Tackles are taught to push guys around the back of the pocket. If the QB drops too far, the tackle doesn't know where he's at and he gets sacked by a guy the tackle pushed behind.

A lot of sacks are on the QB because they drop to deep.
This would make sense if Pat had been sacked more than 1 time and isn't one of the least sacked QB's in football.

Here is something worth looking at, its the drive summaries. Chiefs started with the ball in great field position most of the game which limited yardage.

We punted 2 times and turned ball over on downs 1 time when we couldn't get 2 yards on 2 run attempts.

It was just a weird game, Kelce had 3 drops earlier that would have changed numbers significantly. I'm not saying they played like a well oiled machine but given the situations and weather, they still dropped 31 on them on offense.

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20191...Nav-2019120105
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:55 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Playing conditions are the biggest factor.
Exactly. They played their most complete game of the season yesterday. All 3 phases. In 50 mph wind.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:56 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’ve had enough of Watkins. He plays like he doesn’t give a shit anymore. He doesn’t attack the ball like he has in the past.
Ok.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:56 AM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This would make sense if Pat had been sacked more than 1 time and isn't one of the least sacked QB's in football.

Here is something worth looking at, its the drive summaries. Chiefs started with the ball in great field position most of the game which limited yardage.

We punted 2 times and turned ball over on downs 1 time when we couldn't get 2 yards on 2 run attempts.

It was just a weird game, Kelce had 3 drops earlier that would have changed numbers significantly. I'm not saying they played like a well oiled machine but given the situations and weather, they still dropped 31 on them on offense.

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20191...Nav-2019120105
All of this.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:56 AM 12-02-2019
Interior OL has not been good and it’s been ruining plays. Can’t set up long developing verticals when the OL gives you no time
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up