ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stephen Belichick a name to keep an eye on?
UChieffyBugger 07:06 PM 11-02-2019
So recently it's been revealed that Bill's son, Steve Belichick, has been calling plays for the defense this season HERE. Now obviously being the son of Belichick is gonna come with expectations and privileges. But when you look at his record he's been involved In the Pats system since 2012 In some capacity and has worked his way up from defensive assistant, to safeties/secondary coach to now calling plays for a defense that is on a historic run (even though their poor opposition has obviously played a huge part in that).

In a world where young guys like McVay, Shanahan, Zac Taylor etc are getting head coaching jobs in their early 30s, I wonder how long it will be before someone makes a move for him? Or are the Pats grooming him to be Bill's eventual replacement? Bill's tree may not have achieved much, but can you imagine the knowledge Stephen must have learned from his father? Kyle Shanahan is certainly using everything his father taught him right now that's for sure :-)

Andy is not gonna last forever so that's why I often find myself looking out for young coaches with potential...the next great head coach is out there...it's just a matter of who gets lucky enough to spot them early and give them a chance.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:36 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
It's not about the "Patriots way", it's about him learning from a defensive genius "way".
yeah sure OK
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:46 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Does he cheat, too?

What am I saying? Of course he does. He's working for the Patriots.
Bills HC just forced him off the warm-up field a few weeks ago.....said he was watching them for an "uncomfortably" long time.

Of course he fucking cheats...he's a Belichick.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:03 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Does he cheat, too?

What am I saying? Of course he does. He's working for the Patriots.
If he can win a half dozen super bowls and never get more than a light slap on the wrist...
:-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:08 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
If he can win a half dozen super bowls and never get more than a light slap on the wrist...
:-)
Nah...the moment he leaves a Kraft owned team, he'll fail like every other ex-Patriot coach.
[Reply]
carcosa 09:09 PM 11-02-2019
LOL nah bro!!!..he's A NEW MAN NOW!!!..and you can tell he's just as stern and intense as his father :-)

He reminds me of Keefe from The Righteous Gemstones

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:16 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Britt Reid being groomed to take over Chiefs in 2025
Fuck that. I'd give the "Joe Dirt" from Belicheats house of post-Patriot flunkies a shot before I'd let a spawn of Chief Shits On-Clock run my fucking franchise in to the ground.

Nothing, I say NOTHING but FAIL in this goddamn thread.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 09:16 PM 11-02-2019
Future Browns HC.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:18 PM 11-02-2019
It's about coaching talent, not any certain 'way'. Most coaches just learn to mimic the guy that groomed them. When things fall apart they don't know what to do. The failure of ex-Patriot coaches is probably because of that.

Andy Reid is a great teacher, but he can't teach coaches stuff he doesn't know himself. The coaches in Andy's coaching tree still have to figure some stuff out themselves.

The NFL is more about coaching than it's ever been.

The ability to fit your scheme to your players and/or identify talent that can run your scheme are the 2 most important things in NFL coaching right now.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:36 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:

Andy Reid is a great teacher, but he can't teach coaches stuff he doesn't know himself. The coaches in Andy's coaching tree still have to figure some stuff out themselves.
And when they do they end up being good coaches. They take and retain all of the valuable information while making notes about the bullshit Reid does to step on his own dick.
They toss the garbage, keep the things of value, and generally go on to be successful.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:44 PM 11-02-2019
Did the OP forget to capitalize a whole word in the subject line like usual?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:07 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
And when they do they end up being good coaches. They take and retain all of the valuable information while making notes about the bullshit Reid does to step on his own dick.
They toss the garbage, keep the things of value, and generally go on to be successful.
Dude, just stop.

I'll take my chances with Andy Reid than try to find one of Sean McVay's stray pubes and hope he's a good coach.

You can fuck up a looooot of shit in coach hiring. Just ask Andrew Luck. Or Matt Stafford.

We got our QB. He's going to end up being the actual coach on the field that decides all this shit soon enough. Keep Reid around for his offensive prowess, fat jokes, and feel-good locker rooms.

And when he retires, for the love of God, NEVER FUCKING HIRE ANOTHER FUCKTARD FROM THE PATRIOTS EVER FUCKING AGAIN.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:24 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Dude, just stop.

I'll take my chances with Andy Reid than try to find one of Sean McVay's stray pubes and hope he's a good coach.

You can **** up a looooot of shit in coach hiring. Just ask Andrew Luck. Or Matt Stafford.

We got our QB. He's going to end up being the actual coach on the field that decides all this shit soon enough. Keep Reid around for his offensive prowess, fat jokes, and feel-good locker rooms.

And when he retires, for the love of God, NEVER ****ING HIRE ANOTHER ****TARD FROM THE PATRIOTS EVER ****ING AGAIN.
Clark would be the biggest moron on earth to allow Reid to waste Mahomes's talent away for more than one more season imo. Philly put up with his crap for thirteen years and won nothing. Got rid of him and what happened? Yep, they won the championship. Folks need to quit being cowards when it comes to Reid and who could replace him.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:44 PM 11-02-2019
Clark would be the biggest moron on earth to allow Reid to waste Mahomes's talent away for more than one more season imo. Philly put up with his crap for thirteen years and won nothing. Got rid of him and what happened? Yep, they won the championship. Folks need to quit being cowards when it comes to Reid and who could replace him.
"His crap."

Tell me what Andy Reid's crap is.

And if you fucking say "clock management" please go fucking kill yourself. You're the same dumbfuck who said we should pay out the ass for Leveon Bell.

If we fire Andy Reid, that's fine. Just don't come crawling to me when we end up hiring some Anthony Lynn motherfucker who has ZERO chance of ever beating Bill Belichick instead of just losing to him on Dee Ford's idiocy.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:45 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

I'll take my chances with Andy Reid
Easy to say when there's no other choice.

Originally Posted by :
We got our QB. He's going to end up being the actual coach on the field that decides all this shit soon enough.
You damned well hope.

Originally Posted by :
Keep Reid around for his offensive prowess, fat jokes, and feel-good locker rooms.
"Prowess", huh? Is that what they're calling it these days? Whatever. From where I sit, Mahomes doesn't need wizardry or a playbook that resembles a Hong Kong yellow pages to win a fucking football game. If Clark Hunt wants to pay for fat jokes and "happy hour" with Uncle Andy, that's certainly his business. I've never been a fan of "my good buddy, Uncle Coach"-style player management, but since Clark Hunt and Reid have won so many goddamned Lombardi's, who the fuck am I to argue with their approach?

Originally Posted by :
And when he retires
Let's just end this post on that. It looks good, it sounds good, and will probably give me nice dreams tonight.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:49 PM 11-02-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Easy to say when there's no other choice.

You damned well hope.

"Prowess", huh? Is that what they're calling it these days? Whatever. From where I sit, Mahomes doesn't need wizardry or a playbook that resembles a Hong Kong yellow pages to win a fucking football game. If Clark Hunt wants to pay for fat jokes and "happy hour" with Uncle Andy, that's certainly his business. I've never been a fan of "my good buddy, Uncle Coach"-style player management, but since Clark Hunt and Reid have won so many goddamned Lombardi's, who the fuck am I to argue with their approach?

Let's just end this post on that. It looks good, it sounds good, and will probably give me nice dreams tonight.
Cool. You deserve an Anthony Lynn hire. Enjoy it. You asked for it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up