ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 72
« First < 14546061626364 65666768 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
Jerm 10:02 PM 12-07-2019
Eliah Drinkwitz anyone....?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:36 PM 12-07-2019
So Sterk is competing with New Mexico for a HC?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:37 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
So Sterk is competing with New Mexico for a HC?
Is he really though? What decent candidate wants to go to a place where his boss will soon be fired?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:22 PM 12-08-2019
Arkansas shooting for the stars.

Georgia OL coach Sam Pittman to Arkansas as Hogs new coach is “90 percent done,” source told Stadium. Yahoo 1st reported

— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) December 8, 2019

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:44 PM 12-08-2019
Flight tracking shows that Drinkwitz may be the target.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:02 PM 12-08-2019
I would hate that hire tbh
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 04:03 PM 12-08-2019
:-):-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:18 PM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I would hate that hire tbh
Why?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:45 PM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Why?
Dude has one year of Head Coaching experience and honestly, at a loaded program. They really need someone that's a little more proven, or at least a young up and comer that's already at least somewhat known in the regions they will be recruiting in.

He has neither. It's a fucking shitty choice.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:53 PM 12-08-2019
Dude has one year of Head Coaching experience and honestly, at a loaded program. They really need someone that's a little more proven, or at least a young up and comer that's already at least somewhat known in the regions they will be recruiting in.

He has neither. It's a fucking shitty choice.
He's 36, from Arkansas, coached with Malzahn at Arkansas and Auburn, then was at A-State and Boise with Harsin.

Seriously, WTF?
[Reply]
Jerm 04:58 PM 12-08-2019
He's 36, from Arkansas, coached with Malzahn at Arkansas and Auburn, then was at A-State and Boise with Harsin.

Seriously, WTF?
Easily the best hire they could make right now all things considered.....
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:05 PM 12-08-2019

He has neither. It's a ****ing shitty choice.
He’s 36 and a protege of Harsin and Malzahn.

IDK what more you could want aside from more experience as a mid major or power 5 HC. There’s no coach I’d argue that Mizzou would want to or could poach from the SEC that is currently a HC.

That leaves you with guys like Norvell, Fickell, etc.

Cristobal just won the P12 after being a failed HC at FIU. What more can you expect?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:14 PM 12-08-2019

Seriously, WTF?
He was with Gus for about ah, a year at Arky State? Man I just don't see the excitement that you all see. I don't get it at all.

Before then he watched some film for Gene. Cool.

Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
He’s 36 and a protege of Harsin and Malzahn.

IDK what more you could want aside from more experience as a mid major or power 5 HC. There’s no coach I’d argue that Mizzou would want to or could poach from the SEC that is currently a HC.

That leaves you with guys like Norvell, Fickell, etc.

Cristobal just won the P12 after being a failed HC at FIU. What more can you expect?
Who said anything about poaching an SEC coaching? Do you have a real point or just dumb shit?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:16 PM 12-08-2019
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ch/2618548001/

4. Eli Drinkwitz runs an efficient offense
Appalachian State ranks No. 11 in scoring offense this season but No. 42 in total offense. A lot of this relates to the fact that Appalachian State has virtually never settled for field goals this season. The Mountaineers have scored 63 touchdowns with just nine field goals this year; the only team with more points and fewer field goals than Appalachian State this year is Ohio State. Unsurprisingly, the Mountaineers rank No. 2 in the FBS in fourth-down conversion rate, converting on nine of 11 tries this year.

5. Eli Drinkwitz runs a protective offense
Only two teams in college football (Oregon State and San Diego State) have turned the ball over less than Appalachian State this year. The Mountaineers have only turned the ball over eight times this year on six interceptions and two fumbles. Combine that with the fact that Appalachian State has the fewest turnovers on downs in the FBS and have only missed five field goals, it becomes evident that Drinkwitz’s offenses don’t waste drives.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:30 PM 12-08-2019
Who said anything about poaching an SEC coaching? Do you have a real point or just dumb shit?
No one did. My point was that I think you can argue that any coach that has HC experience is an upgrade compared to Odom and the only clear upgrades would be someone who has won in the SEC or at another P5 program before.

The closest thing to that would be Matt Campbell, but he isn’t leaving.

To dismiss a guy as a potential candidate because he went 12-1 with a loaded team in his first season, is 36, and a protege of Malzahn and Harsin is dumb.

I’d think you rather give him a shot rather than a military academy coach or McElwain.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 72
« First < 14546061626364 65666768 > Last »
Up