ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 72
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
Jerm 04:46 PM 12-05-2019
So yeah Gabe pretty much just confirmed it's totally and utter chaos and even said the search has "gone nuclear"....

See ya Sterk.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 05:33 PM 12-05-2019
Lol. Gabe said it’s chaos. So Mizzou.
[Reply]
nychief 05:46 PM 12-05-2019
Gabe is as good a writer as his old man, which isn’t saying much.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:30 PM 12-05-2019
KC Star gonna KC Star :-)

In @NCAAFootball, 49.2% of players at the FBS level are black, yet black head coaches make up just 11% of the coaching fraternity. On cue, nearly all of the candidates mentioned in the press for the @MizzouFootball job have been white. @MizzouAthletics. https://t.co/bNQQOl8pog

— Toriano Porter (@torianoporter) December 5, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:56 PM 12-05-2019
Does Harsin's dad need a job?

Make him the fucking AD.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:18 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
KC Star gonna KC Star :-)

Man, that's fucking gross.

I think the lack of minority candidates is a real issue, but man taking that sort of angle is very kcstar.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:39 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Man, that's ****ing gross.

I think the lack of minority candidates is a real issue, but man taking that sort of angle is very kcstar.
Where is the minority candidate they should hire? The list of options listed there are all at other Power 5 schools ( and none are doing great, either).

I’d love to hire a bright young minority coach. But who is that guy?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:50 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Where is the minority candidate they should hire? The list of options listed there are all at other Power 5 schools ( and none are doing great, either).

Why does it have to be a guy? There's got to be some bright young minority female somewhere who's just itching to be the HC of an SEC football team. Seems like that would check all the Mizzou boxes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:09 PM 12-05-2019
So here's a question: If a HC needs an extension anytime he gets within 2-3 years of the end of his deal because "he can't recruit if he doesn't get one" then why would a HC take a job w/ an AD that's clearly embattled?

Is there ANYBODY that expects Sterk to be here 2 years from now at this point?

It's time, BOC. Call that search firm back and tell them to change targets because right now the problem is Jim Sterk. It's clear that Sterk's not going to get any desireable candidates in here anyway so it's not like we can really damage the process further. Pinkel could show up at Fritz's door with a contract and a pen and get the hire done if all else fails.

I just don't see any upside at all to keeping Sterk around if he intends to troll the bottom of the barrel for options that any freshman with a check could've gotten in the door.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:18 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So here's a question: If a HC needs an extension anytime he gets within 2-3 years of the end of his deal because "he can't recruit if he doesn't get one" then why would a HC take a job w/ an AD that's clearly embattled?

It's time, BOC. Call that search firm back and tell them to change targets because right now the problem is Jim Sterk. It's clear that Sterk's not going to get any desireable candidates in here anyway so it's not like we can really damage the process further. Pinkel could show up at Fritz's door with a contract and a pen and get the hire done if all else fails.

I just don't see any upside at all to keeping Sterk around if he intends to troll the bottom of the barrel for options that any freshman with a check could've gotten in the door.
At this point Sterk is gonna be left with Andy Hill or Dave Steckel.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:24 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
At this point Sterk is gonna be left with Andy Hill or Dave Steckel.
If it means getting the right AD and HC in here, I'd let Pinkel take over as an interim AD and leave Brick Haley on the sidelines for a year.

That cunty star reporter would be pleased - we'd have a minority HC at that point...
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:28 PM 12-05-2019
If it means getting the right AD and HC in here, I'd let Pinkel take over as an interim AD and leave Brick Haley on the sidelines for a year.

That ****y star reporter would be pleased - we'd have a minority HC at that point...
I’ve thought of Pinkel too ... if his health permits. He’d be like bringing Devine back.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:35 PM 12-05-2019

That's what I was getting at. There isn't that guy and that's the problem.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:39 PM 12-05-2019

How long has Sterk been the AD?

2 schools came to mind who've had situations like this.

KU. I believe that AD hired Weis and Beaty.

NU with Eichorst who got 1 hire.

The good news those AD's eventually got canned. The bad news for you is it wasnt year 1 IIRC both got fired 3 years after the panic hires
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:42 PM 12-05-2019

Idk if Charlie Strong would be any worse than the guys on those list but **** the KC Star. They must have missed the part where the basketball programs 2 out of the last 3 hires were black. I'm sure theres a high number of college basketball players that are black but yanno RACISM!

*edit ok I thought of one if you like Herm... Marvin Lewis but he very well could be coaching in the NFL next year.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 72
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up