ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 294 of 301
« First < 194244284290291292293294 295296297298 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Mecca 09:31 AM 12-12-2019
So the White Sox made a deal for Nomar Mazara apparently they're attempting to compete now.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:37 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So the White Sox made a deal for Nomar Mazara apparently they're attempting to compete now.
At least we have Detroit to look pathetic with us in the AL Central, although my money is on the Tigers returning to competitive baseball before KC does.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 11:30 AM 12-12-2019
Royals select Stephen Woods Jr. RHP Tampa Bay Triple A
in the rule 5 draft.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:34 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
Royals select Stephen Woods Jr. RHP Tampa Bay Triple A
in the rule 5 draft.
I liked Sterling Sharp and thought he might make it to you guys at 4. Marlins snatching him up right ahead of you at 3 is a sneaky good move in an increasingly interesting offseason (for a team that's probably still gonna lose 95+ games)

Figured someone would've grabbed Zach Brown from the Brewers by now. Those starters with some rough edges who have a nice pitch or two and can be tossed into a bullpen role for a season always seem to fly off the board.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 11:38 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I liked Sterling Sharp and thought he might make it to you guys at 4. Marlins snatching him up right ahead of you at 3 is a sneaky good move in an increasingly interesting offseason (for a team that's probably still gonna lose 95+ games)

Figured someone would've grabbed Zach Brown from the Brewers by now. Those starters with some rough edges who have a nice pitch or two and can be tossed into a bullpen role for a season always seem to fly off the board.
I don't get into all the analytical stuff some of you guys do but, in AAA in 2019, he was 9 - 3 with a 1.88 ERA. I like him just for that.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:39 AM 12-12-2019
So the Padres left a couple guys unprotected that are decently thought of and none got picked.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:54 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
I don't get into all the analytical stuff some of you guys do but, in AAA in 2019, he was 9 - 3 with a 1.88 ERA. I like him just for that.
In A+.

That ain't AAA.

A 24 year old in his 5th professional season kicking the ass out of 19 year olds but still striking out less than a batter per inning should make you take pause.

That's not to say that the scouting report wouldn't support taking a flier on him - it very well may. But I wouldn't put an ounce of stock in the numbers of an overaged pitcher beating the hell out of dudes who just got in or are on their way out of professional ball.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 11:59 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
In A+.

That ain't AAA.

A 24 year old in his 5th professional season kicking the ass out of 19 year olds but still striking out less than a batter per inning should make you take pause.

That's not to say that the scouting report wouldn't support taking a flier on him - it very well may. But I wouldn't put an ounce of stock in the numbers of an overaged pitcher beating the hell out of dudes who just got in or are on their way out of professional ball.
Yeah, I misread the level. Says he missed the entire 2018 season after having surgery.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:26 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Where's Dane worthless ass to have it shoved up saying that Cueto trade was a franchise killer. Worthless Hollywood ****.
:-)
:-)

You know how they do in Hollyweird.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:46 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Where's Dane worthless ass to have it shoved up saying that Cueto trade was a franchise killer. Worthless Hollywood cunt.
I’m right here.

And I NEVER said it was a “Franchise Killer”, I said that I didn’t like it and was not a fan.

But thanks for allowing me to live rent free in your head for years, even though it’s a shitty space.

Oh yeah: How many games did the Royals lose in 2018?

The first time you correctly predict something will be the first.
[Reply]
nychief 06:22 PM 12-12-2019
I don’t blame the trades... just GMDM’s terrible drafting.... historically bad....
[Reply]
Coach 06:53 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I’m right here.

And I NEVER said it was a “Franchise Killer”, I said that I didn’t like it and was not a fan.

But thanks for allowing me to live rent free in your head for years, even though it’s a shitty space.

Oh yeah: How many games did the Royals lose in 2018?

The first time you correctly predict something will be the first.
DANE!

Welcome back!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:46 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
I don’t blame the Trades...
His trades were epic. He gave away a bunch of junk for top flight veterans. Even (especially?) the Myers trade where he didn’t do much and Odorizzi was above avg, got Montgomery back for free later down the road.

The Cueto deal in hindsight is hilarious. He shined up a cubic zirconia and told the pawn shop it was a diamond
[Reply]
petegz28 09:00 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
His trades were epic. He gave away a bunch of junk for top flight veterans. Even (especially?) the Myers trade where he didn’t do much and Odorizzi was above avg, got Montgomery back for free later down the road.

The Cueto deal in hindsight is hilarious. He shined up a cubic zirconia and told the pawn shop it was a diamond
Say what you want about Cueto but the performance against Houston was fucking epic
[Reply]
tk13 09:09 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Say what you want about Cueto but the performance against Houston was ****ing epic
His game 2 complete game in the World Series is legit one of the best WS pitching performances in recent history.
[Reply]
Page 294 of 301
« First < 194244284290291292293294 295296297298 > Last »
Up