ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 293 of 301
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:04 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Or they could just stop ****ing around with all this nonsense and put in hard caps and floors, tie spending to revenue and quit bitching.

I'm just beyond tired of listening to sportwriters carp about the raw deal the players are getting. You have a problem with it, come correct to the negotiating table next time and/or insist on better leadership.

Oh, or be demonstrably BETTER than dudes that cost 1/3 of what you do. Still can't believe I saw someone on Twitter bemoaning the injustice of Kevin Pillar NOT getting $9 million this season.

Any organization that gives Kevin Pillar guaranteed money deserves to be pilloried by baseball Twitter, not saluted. That dude's an out machine and a non-roster invite waiting to happen.
This deserves bonus points.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:49 PM 12-11-2019
I am just tired of listening to teams cry poor, this shit of the Red Sox acting like they can't pay Betts is the most ludicrous shit ever. You are probably turning a 450 million dollar profit every year and you are owned by a billionaire stop trying to convince me you're broke or owning a baseball team is a bad investment, no one believes this bullshit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:04 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I am just tired of listening to teams cry poor, this shit of the Red Sox acting like they can't pay Betts is the most ludicrous shit ever. You are probably turning a 450 million dollar profit every year and you are owned by a billionaire stop trying to convince me you're broke or owning a baseball team is a bad investment, no one believes this bullshit.
The Betts thing is a complete mind-fuck.

You HAVE to pay that guy. You just have to. He's still plenty young with a profile that should age well and a park perfectly suited to both his strengths and weaknesses. He's on a HoF pace, he's come up through your system, AND YOU'RE LOADED.

And you're gonna tell me that JD Martinez choosing not to opt out (when you could easily eat 20% of his deal and move him) is the reason you can't bring Betts back?

GTFOH with that nonsense.

Betts is the kind of guy you pay. He's a force multiplier who you know works well in your park/system and who has plenty of good baseball ahead of him.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:39 PM 12-11-2019
Betts situation = luxury tax driven
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:43 PM 12-11-2019
The way the richest teams act like the luxury tax is a crippled is just fucking stupid. And honestly insulting.

You’re the Boston Red Sox. You can’t find ways to cover the luxury tax cost of having one of the five best position players in baseball?

Get the fuck out of here.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:03 PM 12-11-2019
I haven't followed the Betts situation all that much but I thought the story was that Betts himself had zero interest in discussing an extension and was 100% set on testing the free agent market.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:12 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The way the richest teams act like the luxury tax is a crippled is just ****ing stupid. And honestly insulting.

You’re the Boston Red Sox. You can’t find ways to cover the luxury tax cost of having one of the five best position players in baseball?

Get the **** out of here.
I am not disagreeing. Only adding that it isn’t because they dont think he’s worth it, because it’s highly likely they do.
[Reply]
tk13 09:44 PM 12-11-2019

Anthony Rendon got seven years and $245 million from the Angels, source tells ESPN.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) December 12, 2019

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:50 PM 12-11-2019
@JeffPassan: Monday: Stephen Strasburg gets $245 million from the Nationals.

Tuesday: Gerrit Cole gets $324 million from the Yankees.

Wednesday: Anthony Rendon gets $245 million from the Angels.

Over three days, Scott Boras negotiated $814 million worth of deals.
[Reply]
Wilson8 10:30 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:

Small potatoes compared to the above contracts but Mike Moustakas just got a 4 year $64 M contract too as a client of Scott Boras.

Scott Boras gets 5% of these contracts.

In 2017 and 2018 Boras negotiated $1.88 Billion in contracts for his clients.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:43 PM 12-11-2019
Angels prob feel good about Houston losing Cole and asking around about Correa, plus Ver and Greinke are aging. Still, Steamer says adding Rendon makes them only a .500 team
[Reply]
Mecca 06:33 AM 12-12-2019

The game of third base musical chairs shrinks. TEX, ATL, PHI, LAD among the teams in play; Josh Donaldson, Kris Bryant available, with Nolan Arenado a wildcard. Some teams are concerned about Bryant acquisition cost and his arbitration-driven salary next two years -- maybe $45m.

— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) December 12, 2019

And this is why the Royals should be exploring what Doziers value is.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:09 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:

Fascinating to see the about face he pulled this year.

After a decade of slow-playing the hell out of the market, he gets the three biggest deals of the season done before the winter meetings are out. Granted, all 3 are borderline 'Godfather' Deals but still...I think in years past he may have still stretched it out to try to get the Dodgers or Phillies in the mix.

The Strasburg and Cole deals still blow my mind. The Nats just have no reason at all to have made that deal having won their championship and the Yankees were bidding against themselves. Though credit to Boras in one regard, but keeping Rendon on the market he at least left the appearance that Anaheim was in play for Cole and by getting that Strasburg deal done first he bumped the Cole market by probably $50 million.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:11 AM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Angels prob feel good about Houston losing Cole and asking around about Correa, plus Ver and Greinke are aging. Still, Steamer says adding Rendon makes them only a .500 team
Still blows my mind how poorly they've operated that squad during Trout's career.

They can't even really blame bad luck - they've just done a shitty job building around the greatest player of the last 50 years or so. It's pretty unbelievable.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:26 AM 12-12-2019
Cole got that deal because if you look at the following years of FA there isn't any pitcher like him coming, he may be the last real ace to touch FA for about a 5 year span.
[Reply]
Page 293 of 301
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297 > Last »
Up