ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 245 of 301
« First < 145195235241242243244245 246247248249255295 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:22 AM 09-12-2019
Rays dumped Chris Archer. He’s 3-9 this year with 0.8war. Got back Tyler Glasnow (2war) and Austin meadows (3.4 war). Both are mid 20s and under club control for years. They EVEN got Shane Baz, the #66 overall prospect on FG list.

An epic grand slam of a trade. That’s what smart orgs do. What has DM been doing the last couple years? Sitting in his office eating Bon Bons? You kept Ian and Whit, wow that’s such a great idea to hold onto depreciating assets during a re-build.

DM better pray his 4 prized pitching prospects hit, or else he needs to step aside. Since he took over only TWO teams have more losses than KC
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:59 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Rays dumped Chris Archer. He’s 3-9 this year with 0.8war. Got back Tyler Glasnow (2war) and Austin meadows (3.4 war). Both are mid 20s and under club control for years. They EVEN got Shane Baz, the #66 overall prospect on FG list.

An epic grand slam of a trade. That’s what smart orgs do. What has DM been doing the last couple years? Sitting in his office eating Bon Bons? You kept Ian and Whit, wow that’s such a great idea to hold onto depreciating assets during a re-build.

DM better pray his 4 prized pitching prospects hit, or else he needs to step aside. Since he took over only TWO teams have more losses than KC
Serious question. I know we don't see eye to eye much on here, but are you really this miserable in real life? As in, do you just go around every day dwelling on the negative to everyone to crosses your path?
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:13 AM 09-12-2019
So, steroids were bad and all Barry Bonds has an asterisk next to his HR record, but making the ball a missile that flies out of the stadium is perfectly ok? Or in 15 years when one of the guys playing now is hitting his 800th career HR he's going to have an asterisk next to his HR total? Juicing the ball is fine, so if im a pitcher I'm gonna be juicing too.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:17 AM 09-12-2019
Following the WIL championship series is an interesting look into the possible future. The way the pitching staff was used last night mimics the 2015 formula of getting to lock-down relievers quickly, if needed. I'm looking forward to many of the starters coming up, but I'm more curious as to how the relievers will progress that are in Wilmington and NWA this year (Zuber, Ratliff, Dye, Marte, etc). They will be super important to us if we see much attrition of our starter-prospects at higher levels. It doesn't say, but surely Bubic is going tonight?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:18 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Serious question. I know we don't see eye to eye much on here
Well no shit. You’re a dumb ass.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:20 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
So, steroids were bad and all Barry Bonds has an asterisk next to his HR record, but making the ball a missile that flies out of the stadium is perfectly ok? Or in 15 years when one of the guys playing now is hitting his 800th career HR he's going to have an asterisk next to his HR total? Juicing the ball is fine, so if im a pitcher I'm gonna be juicing too.
Been wondering this same thing. Soler would be mashing, regardless...but maybe wouldn't have taken the R's HR record if it were the non-juiced ball. This is a real issue and pitchers are being more outspoken about it. It will be interesting to see if they do anything about it for 2020.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:35 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'd prefer neither, but this comparison of yours is flawed regardless.

If the BALL is juiced, everyone is playing on the same field. If YOU are juicing, you are gaining an unfair individual advantage.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:58 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

EDIT: Read better, Duncan.

That’s one of the most one-sided trades in MLB history through 18 months. Holding any GM to the standard of gaining that type of return for assets is going to get 99.9 percent of them fired.

Smart orgs move players when the value received back meets the desired goal. Takes two to tango.

Archer was moved for a blow-away offer. All indications are it wasn’t there for Merrifield.

They should have moved Kennedy. Had the ownership stuff been wrapped up sooner, they probably would have completed the deal for Wentz. (Sherman has seen the value in eating contract $$ in trades in time in Cleveland)

That’s on Glass, not Moore.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:22 PM 09-12-2019
Soler No. 44
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:29 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Where are you seeing Archer has been released? Everything I see is about him being injured/them planning to pick up his 2020 option.

That’s one of the most one-sides trades in MLB history through 18 months. Holding any GM to the standard of gaining that type of return for assets is going to get 99.9 percent of them fired.

Smart orgs move players when the value received back meets the desired goal. Takes two to tango.

Archer was moved for a blow-away offer. All indications are it wasn’t there for Merrifield.

They should have moved Kennedy. Had the ownership stuff been wrapped up sooner, they probably would have completed the deal for Wentz. (Sherman has seen the value in eating contract $$ in trades in time in Cleveland)

That’s on Glass, not Moore.

i read it that way too, then re-read it. (not released)
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:36 PM 09-12-2019
This is exciting. Soler is going to make a run for the HR title. I'll be in town tomorrow and Saturday to catch a couple games.
[Reply]
tk13 12:37 PM 09-12-2019
We're getting into the territory where it's a legitimate question whether Soler can hit 50.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:14 PM 09-12-2019
Currently at 44 HRs with 2 or 3 more at bats today and 15 games remaining. He trails the Mets Pete Alonso for the overall lead at 47 HRs.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:15 PM 09-12-2019

Since August 1st Soler is hitting

.287/.408/.690/1.098

34 Hits
16 HRs
6 2Bs
23 BBs
35 RBIs

During that time he is hitting a HR every 8.4 ABs. If he keeps that pace is will finish with 52 HRs

— Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) September 12, 2019

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:25 PM 09-12-2019
Faces Gerrit Cole tomorrow and Greinke on Saturday.
[Reply]
Page 245 of 301
« First < 145195235241242243244245 246247248249255295 > Last »
Up