ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2336 of 4782
« First < 1336183622362286232623322333233423352336 233723382339234023462386243628363336 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 12:28 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I said it on draft day...and I'll say it again...

I dont understand Horseface's logic in drafting Lock other than it was decent value. He passed on him twice...either you believe in a guy or you don't.

In a division with a QB like Mahomes...half-assing your QB position is odd. Was he hedging on that if he busts, they dont lose much? That's a high draft picked that could have been used elsewhere...

His ceiling is probably an average NFL QB...but what do you do next year when there are better prospects available? They'll likely be picking top 10..maybe even 5. Do you pass on them because of a QB you kind of/sort of liked the draft before?

I dont think Fangio wanted him at all...and Horseface forced the issue.
There's no secret of why the Broncos did what they did in the draft, they drafted Fant first because TE is a need and Flacco does a lot better when he can sync up with a TE, the Broncos also took Risner because again, there was a big need for oline help and yes, you want to protect your new QB. I think Elway was as surprised as anyone that Lock was there in the second and that is why he traded up to get Lock. It was some good draft maneuvering that ended up working out for the Broncos.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:39 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
There's no secret of why the Broncos did what they did in the draft, they drafted Fant first because TE is a need and Flacco does a lot better when he can sync up with a TE, the Broncos also took Risner because again, there was a big need for oline help and yes, you want to protect your new QB. I think Elway was as surprised as anyone that Lock was there in the second and that is why he traded up to get Lock. It was some good draft maneuvering that ended up working out for the Broncos.
But just think ,Elway was in a better position than Dorsey to move up for Mahomes. But instead he sat at 20 and drafted your all star left tackle Zika virus.

Obviously no one else wanted Lock. I wonder why?
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 12:40 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
But just think ,Elway was in a better position than Dorsey to move up for Mahomes. But instead he sat at 20 and drafted your all star left tackle Zika virus.

Zika virus, lol...
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:42 PM 08-12-2019
It was some good draft maneuvering that ended up working out for the Broncos.
Working out how? Being objective, it just put the Doinks behind the curve in competing with Mahomes.

I think even the biggest Homer would admit he's never going to be an elite QB....he might end up being a top 15 or so. You cant teach anticipation...

If Doinks get a shot at a top QB next season...do they pull the trigger?

I watched the Bears go in QB circles for years...while Rodgers dominated them. They payed big money for Cutler...and nothing changed. Lock reminds me of a poor man's Cutler...

IMO..you have to keep drafting QBs until you get a top one. Your franchise will stay stuck in neutral until you do...Lock keeps them in middling territory.

It was a dumb move...unless nabbing a cheap back-up QB for a 2nd was the goal.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:47 PM 08-12-2019
Zika virus, lol...
Speaking of Bolles

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...revor-siemian/
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:59 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:

This is where donk fan/elway extoll the virtues of paxton freaking lynch and talk about how they HAD to give him another year (even though his ceiling was miles below Mahomes' floor).
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:03 PM 08-12-2019
Paxton Lynch is now with a real team too.

11/15 1 TD /0 int 115.0 QBR
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 01:12 PM 08-12-2019
Working out how? Being objective, it just put the Doinks behind the curve in competing with Mahomes.

I think even the biggest Homer would admit he's never going to be an elite QB....he might end up being a top 15 or so. You cant teach anticipation...

If Doinks get a shot at a top QB next season...do they pull the trigger?

I watched the Bears go in QB circles for years...while Rodgers dominated them. They payed big money for Cutler...and nothing changed. Lock reminds me of a poor man's Cutler...

IMO..you have to keep drafting QBs until you get a top one. Your franchise will stay stuck in neutral until you do...Lock keeps them in middling territory.

It was a dumb move...unless nabbing a cheap back-up QB for a 2nd was the goal.
Again, it's too early to know if Lock has what it takes to be a franchise QB for the Broncos, but he is progressing in the right direction, even Baldinger is praising Lock's game against Seattle.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:16 PM 08-12-2019
Again, it's too early to know if Lock has what it takes to be a franchise QB for the Broncos, but he is progressing in the right direction, even Baldinger is praising Lock's game against Seattle.
How long do you think it will be before Lock is in the MVP conversation?
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:47 PM 08-12-2019
I dont think it's too early to say he'll never be an elite QB...having Mahomes in your division changes what you have to settle for. A serviceable starting QB is not going to be good enough..unless the Jets/Bills/Miami model appeals to you. It's going to take a few years just to get to that point...he's a project.

He played in college for 4 years...and his HC says he doesn't know how to play QB at the NFL level? What was he doing that whole time?

That's not a good sign...:-)

Your only hope is he somehow defies the odds...and becomes what he's never been. Just like people were hoping Keesum would be something different...Chad Kelly would somehow not become insane...or Flaccid will be a player he hasn't been in 5 seasons.

I'm trying to think of a single instance where a project QB became a top 10 QB? Brady maybe?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:05 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How long do you think it will be before Lock is in the MVP conversation?
Do you mean MVP of the Broncos? I could see him there in 4 years While still being a bottom 10 QB in the NFL.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 02:14 PM 08-12-2019
I dont think it's too early to say he'll never be an elite QB...having Mahomes in your division changes what you have to settle for. A serviceable starting QB is not going to be good enough..unless the Jets/Bills/Miami model appeals to you. It's going to take a few years just to get to that point...he's a project.

He played in college for 4 years...and his HC says he doesn't know how to play QB at the NFL level? What was he doing that whole time?

That's not a good sign...:-)

Your only hope is he somehow defies the odds...and becomes what he's never been. Just like people were hoping Keesum would be something different...Chad Kelly would somehow not become insane...or Flaccid will be a player he hasn't been in 5 seasons.

I'm trying to think of a single instance where a project QB became a top 10 QB? Brady maybe?
A project QB, isn't that what Mahomes was? Why did Reid keep Smith around if he knew Mahomes was going to be so good?
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:21 PM 08-12-2019
A project QB, isn't that what Mahomes was? Why did Reid keep Smith around if he knew Mahomes was going to be so good?
Mahomes threw for over 700 yards in a single game...he made throws that showed his talent...and he was accurate. He wouldn't have made it past pick 11. Lock got passed over a few times..

Andy kept Smith because it was the politically correct thing to do...Mahomes, as a rookie, was destroying shit in practice though. Smith even said he was "other-worldly" before he played in a real game.

If we start hearing Flaccid saying Lock is doing incredible shit...and making throws he's never seen before...I'll share your optimism.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:31 PM 08-12-2019

This game?

Eeesh. If you say so.

Ok, let me be clear here. If we still had Brodie Croyle playing QB i'd be pretty excited over this kid too. I'd be looking at the positives too.

But, i'm not so...

He threw an INT, but there shoulda been 3-4 Ints. Two of them were just straight up dropped by the defender. He had two nice passes, got a receiver's head removed and everything else was a check down.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:33 PM 08-12-2019
No, Mahomes was never a project QB. That's just what doubters and pundits thought.

There were rumors circulating last season that the Chiefs were mulling the idea of trading Alex during Mahomes' rookie season because Mahomes in fact, was so good right away.

Mahomes was making insane throws the moment he got here. We Chiefs fans told ya'll but no one listened. Ya'll chalked it up to homerism.

The Chiefs brass couldn't even contain their excitement. Meanwhile in Denver, the coaches are doing their best to temper the fan's enthusiasm.
[Reply]
Page 2336 of 4782
« First < 1336183622362286232623322333233423352336 233723382339234023462386243628363336 > Last »
Up