ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Thom Brennaman calls Kansas City "one of the pillowbiter capitals of the world"
Marcellus 01:27 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We say the same thing without using the word all the damn time. That said, it's still a little bit cringy to hear it from an adult (I've never really given a damn what kids say - kids say shit just because they can; just trying the word on here and there...)

But "does your husband play, too?" any time one of our OFers 7-hops a ball to the infield? Yeah - that's calling the dude a homo for sucking at softball. Full stop. And nobody cares at all, even in co-ed games.

We get bent out of shape over weird stuff these days. Then again, 200 years ago we were pulling out pistols and having literal duels if you called someone a scoundrel or a rascal. So...I guess 'these days' isn't really accurate. We've gotten bent out of shape over weird stuff pretty much from time immemorial...
Nice shirt, do they make it in men's sizes too?
[Reply]
Frazod 01:55 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We say the same thing without using the word all the damn time. That said, it's still a little bit cringy to hear it from an adult (I've never really given a damn what kids say - kids say shit just because they can; just trying the word on here and there...)

But "does your husband play, too?" any time one of our OFers 7-hops a ball to the infield? Yeah - that's calling the dude a homo for sucking at softball. Full stop. And nobody cares at all, even in co-ed games.

We get bent out of shape over weird stuff these days. Then again, 200 years ago we were pulling out pistols and having literal duels if you called someone a scoundrel or a rascal. So...I guess 'these days' isn't really accurate. We've gotten bent out of shape over weird stuff pretty much from time immemorial...
I think dueling would be awesome. Of course, I'm a really good shot..... :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:08 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Can you imagine the stones it took back then to delope?

"Yeah, I'm just gonna shot really wide, really fast, on purpose and hope the other guy understands what's going on and doesn't murder my ass. And if he goes ahead and kills me - JOKES ON HIM! HE HAS NO HONOR NOW!! I mean...I'm still dead, but I win..."

Yeah, we look at people writing articles claiming vegan cuisine is appropriating a dozen different cultures and wonder what the hell passes through these idiots minds...but people have ALWAYS been dumb and crazy.

"The world ain't coming to nothing, son. It's the same as it ever was..."
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:49 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Just ask your refrigerator!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:42 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
In the latest decade, I highly doubt I've used the word F** or F****T. The guy is a grown-assed Man at work - hot mic or not. WTF are you doing?
I use it on the daily. And almost never against gays tho. Just people I hate.
[Reply]
fan4ever 11:13 AM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
...I thought eDave moved out here to AZ...?
[Reply]
redfan 12:14 PM 08-20-2020
It's just a bundle of sticks, what's the big deal?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:59 PM 08-20-2020
Hes banging on those bongos like a chimpanzee
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:10 PM 08-20-2020
Maybe he meant it as a compliment.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:13 PM 08-20-2020
On a different note, I'd never seen the TV show King of Queens much, and the local cable company put all of the episodes onto their On Demand. So one of my pandemic projects has been to watch the entire series. It's generally pretty funny, but in probably 10 percent of the episodes he disparagingly says, "That's gay" when he doesn't like something. It's surprising to hear because that show was in production not that long ago.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:26 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
On a different note, I'd never seen the TV show King of Queens much, and the local cable company put all of the episodes onto their On Demand. So one of my pandemic projects has been to watch the entire series. It's generally pretty, but in probably 10 percent of the episodes he disparagingly says, "That's gay" when he doesn't like something. It's surprising to hear because that show was in production not that long ago.
But, why?
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:19 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
But, why?
Y'know, I really learned something in that show.

In a lot of sitcoms, they make the characters evolve over time. They have a "very special episode" or characters get married or have babies or whatever. Chandler marries Monica, Raj learns to talk to women. Niles and Daphne fall in love. And I usually dislike that growth because the reason I started watching the show in the first place is because I liked the characters as they were.

But in King of Queens there is absolutely no character growth or development throughout the whole series. You could take an episode from Season 9 and teleport it into Season 2, and it wouldn't affect your viewing at all. He's just as dumb and selfish at the end as he was at the beginning, and she's just as harsh and whiny. No personal growth at all.

That's actually what I've always asked for from a sitcom, and King of Queens delivered it. But at some point around Season 8, it started leaving me a little wanting. Both main characters were pretty shallow and simple over the whole series, and I would have liked to see them make a little personal progress over time. But it never happened. And it taught me that the optimal sitcom is going to have a little evolution over time. Not much, but a little.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:22 PM 08-20-2020

In a lot of sitcoms, they make the characters evolve over time. They have a "very special episode" or characters get married or have babies or whatever. Chandler marries Monica, Raj learns to talk to women. Niles and Daphne fall in love. And I usually dislike that growth because the reason I started watching the show in the first place is because I liked the characters as they were.

But in King of Queens there is absolutely no character growth or development throughout the whole series. You could take an episode from Season 9 and teleport it into Season 2, and it wouldn't affect your viewing at all.

That's what I've always asked for from a sitcom, and King of Queens delivered it. But at some point around Season 8, it started leaving me a little wanting. Both main characters were pretty shallow and stupid over the whole series, and I would have liked to see them make a little personal progress over time. But it never happened. And it taught me that the optimal sitcom is going to have a little evolution over time. Not much, but a little.
Well... His wife would have randomly been 50 lbs heavier for that one episode. That would have been awkward.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:25 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Well... His wife would have randomly been 50 lbs heavier for that one episode. That would have been awkward.
I was actually watching that happen. She started out pretty svelte and maintained it until about Season 7. Then she gained a lot of weight, but in the last season she lost most of it back and was pretty svelte again.
[Reply]
sedated 04:50 PM 08-21-2020

But in King of Queens there is absolutely no character growth or development throughout the whole series. You could take an episode from Season 9 and teleport it into Season 2, and it wouldn't affect your viewing at all. He's just as dumb and selfish at the end as he was at the beginning, and she's just as harsh and whiny. No personal growth at all.

That's actually what I've always asked for from a sitcom, and King of Queens delivered it. But at some point around Season 8, it started leaving me a little wanting. Both main characters were pretty shallow and simple over the whole series, and I would have liked to see them make a little personal progress over time. But it never happened. And it taught me that the optimal sitcom is going to have a little evolution over time. Not much, but a little.
Seinfeld was the same and is one of the best sitcoms of all time.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up