ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 300
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Media Center>The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2)
Fire Me Boy! 03:01 PM 10-02-2014
Sunday Nights at 9pm/8pm (Central) on AMC. Premiere for Season 5 is Oct. 12.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:57 AM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Nah never picked one up at all.

That being said it's a crap shoot from the comics translation to the show from what i've heard.
Yea, the comics are kind of a basic guide, not a definitive outline.
There are plenty of departures from the comics.
Just an example is one FMB brought up in the spoiler tag about Carol. By this point in the comics she's been long gone, committed suicide by walker back at the prison.
[Reply]
Gonzo 11:10 AM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Yea, the comics are kind of a basic guide, not a definitive outline.
There are plenty of departures from the comics.
Just an example is one FMB brought up in the spoiler tag about Carol. By this point in the comics she's been long gone, committed suicide by walker back at the prison.
They need to differentiate from the comics a little more than they have recently. Over this entire season, they've pretty much told the same story.
One of the great things about this show was that they were telling the same story but in a new way.

For instance:
Andrea is Ricks main squeeze in the comics but she's dead in the show. Sasha seems to be taking that role over but I just can't see those two hooking up. They've written Sasha dofferently.
Are they going to have a great big dude named Ezekiel with a tiger in the show?

It just seems to be drifting more and more towards an exact carbon copy of the comics but then again, I can see why. These last few episodes were "filler" more than anything and there's only so many ways you can tell filler.

I kinda hope they start branching away from the comics. Start telling this story a totally new way. Let Carl bite it or maybe the group finds out the epidemic didn't spread to another country or something.
That would be kinda cool. They take a cruise ship to Tahiti and end up going the whole "Dead Island" route.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:23 AM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
They need to differentiate from the comics a little more than they have recently. Over this entire season, they've pretty much told the same story.
One of the great things about this show was that they were telling the same story but in a new way.

For instance:
Andrea is Ricks main squeeze in the comics but she's dead in the show. Sasha seems to be taking that role over but I just can't see those two hooking up. They've written Sasha dofferently.

It just seems to be drifting more and more towards an exact carbon copy of the comics but then again, I can see why. These last few episodes were "filler" more than anything and there's only so many ways you can tell filler.

I kinda hope they start branching away from the comics. Start telling this story a totally new way. Let Carl bite it or maybe the group finds out the epidemic didn't spread to another country or something.
That would be kinda cool. They take a cruise ship to Tahiti and end up going the whole "Dead Island" route.
Unless they really drag out Negan and what follows, they'll be through that next season and ahead of the comics. So starting with season 7, it would be entirely new stuff.

JMO.
[Reply]
salame 11:32 AM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Unless they really drag out Negan and what follows, they'll be through that next season and ahead of the comics. So starting with season 7, it would be entirely new stuff.

JMO.
idk man, negan shows up at 100, the issues corresponding to the last show was 73/74. There still is a LOT of stuff they can do. No Way Out, the stuff leading up to......well you know where, A larger world, and THEN Something to fear. We are over 25 issues away from Negan. I bet we dont see him untill the mid season finale next season at the earliest. There is a certain deity I'd expect to see several episodes before him as well.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:36 AM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by salame:
idk man, negan shows up at 100, the issues corresponding to the last show was 73/74. There still is a LOT of stuff they can do. No Way Out, the stuff leading up to......well you know where, A larger world, and THEN Something to fear. We are over 25 issues away from Negan. I bet we dont see him untill the mid season finale next season at the earliest. There is a certain deity I'd expect to see several episodes before him as well.
Remind me... (in spoiler tags, please).
[Reply]
Radar Chief 11:39 AM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Heh, Mrs. Radar and I have talked about the exact same thing. It works in the comics but how is that going to play out on a TV show and will anyone buy into it?
[Reply]
Radar Chief 11:43 AM 03-20-2015
Yea, I was assuming we would have there first run in with a certain unnamed baddy by the end of this season but with the way they are dragging it out I'm doubting we do now.
[Reply]
salame 11:43 AM 03-20-2015
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Radar Chief 11:43 AM 03-20-2015
I think he's talking about
Spoiler!
[Reply]
Radar Chief 11:44 AM 03-20-2015
Spoiler!
Beat me by that >< much.
[Reply]
salame 11:44 AM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Yea, I was assuming we would have there first run in with a certain unnamed baddy by the end of this season but with the way they are dragging it out I'm doubting we do now.
My prediction for the season finale is the
Spoiler!

[Reply]
NewChief 11:45 AM 03-20-2015
A local illustrator is doing some Walking Dead / Mayberry mashups. Kind of awesome:

[Reply]
Radar Chief 11:47 AM 03-20-2015
My prediction for the season finale is the
Spoiler!
You're probably right. They've teased the Safe Zone getting into a live fire skirmish with some bad guys, just not necessarily the ones I was expecting by now.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 11:52 AM 03-20-2015
Spoiler!
Oh, of course. You said deity and I was thinking literally, racking my brain trying to figure out which plot line I was forgetting.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:26 PM 03-20-2015
Do we ever get an explanation of WTF was going on with those legless and armless zombies?
[Reply]
Page 64 of 300
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Up