ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1249 of 3903
« First < 24974911491199123912451246124712481249 125012511252125312591299134917492249 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ping2000 04:00 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In Los Angeles county, which has more than 21 million people, 99.9% of the people here are following the Stay At Home order.

Traffic accidents have been reduced by well more than 50%, crime is down 23% and the air quality is among the best in the world.

If you don't think that Social Distancing and the Stay At Home order are effective, you're not paying attention.
Thanos is pleased.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:00 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
:-)
c'mon man......live a little already
[Reply]
Donger 04:01 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Like I said you can wait for the trial to finish. I can be ahead of the curb. When you catch up to me no hard feelings.
Ahead of the curve? Is that what's important to you? What of the trial results come back negative?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:01 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
This has been mostly unreadable for awhile. What else should we expect from a JakeF thread though?
When theres a vaccine who should we let start the thread for it? We can treat it like a game day thread since we might not have football.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:01 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
They don't know either way yet, why? with who? it might make some worse some better, some may get better without it some won't , when should it me administered to have the best effect or cause the least damage etc….
I know. I was being sarcastic.....
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:02 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
“The tests in the hospital, they’re too short a period of time to get a scientific report,” Cuomo said. “Hospital administrators, doctors want to have a significant data set before they give a formal opinion. Anecdotally, you’ll get suggestions that it has been effective. But we don’t have any official data yet from a hospital or a quote-unquote study, which will take weeks if not months.”

Again, it's just anecdotal. Anecdotally positive, yes, and that's why they are trialing it.
Sure,

And that Anecdotal evidence is coming from Doctors. So I'm willing to place more weight on their Anecdotal evidence than yours. Fair?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:03 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I would be interested to see this. My understanding is that the trials are blinded, meaning no one knows anything yet.

For every one of those anecdotal responses, there's also this response:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...isn-t-n1177556

No 'miraculous recovery': Some ICU doctors say hydroxychloroquine isn't helping sickest patients

Many doctors suspect that if the drug does turn out to be beneficial, it may work better early on in the course of the illness.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:03 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Chinese study omits a key component of the cocktail - the administration of the Z-pack (or any sort of full spectrum antibiotic) and there's some question as to whether or not they were utilizing supplemental zinc as well.

Present theory suggests that the HCL serves to effectively 'open' the cell and then allow zinc to enter the cells and slow/stop the replication of the virus (which is a known attribute of zinc). The Z-pack (or, in theory, most any full spectrum antibiotic) then serves to 'clean the streets' of any opportunistic bacterial infections that serve to spin the immune system into overdrive and continue to lead to negative progression.
It's the opposite. HCQ raises pH, which prevents endocytosis of the viron.

Azithromycin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that also works against atypical pathogens. Not all broad-spectrums work against atypicals (or anaerobes for that matter). Not all broad-spectrum antibiotics penetrate the lung tissue adequately. Azithromycin is commonly used in CAP because it works against atypicals and achieves suitable concentrations in the lungs. It is widely distributed and has a long half-life so you don't need to dose several times per day. The potential benefit of azithromycin in this case may also be from its immunomodulatory effects--not because it is wiping out bacteria.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:03 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
When theres a vaccine who should we let start the thread for it? We can treat it like a game day thread since we might not have football.
You can have the honors!
[Reply]
stumppy 04:04 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
This has been mostly unreadable for awhile. What else should we expect from a JakeF thread though?
He's probably related to Deberg.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:05 PM 04-08-2020
Like I said you can wait for the trial to finish. I can be ahead of the curb. When you catch up to me no hard feelings.
So, you're unable to answer the primary question but have "belief" that this drug combo works?

Sorry, that doesn't even pass the Bullshit Test.

And we all know the reason you believe this to be "true".
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:05 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
He's probably related to Deberg.
Quite likely
[Reply]
Donger 04:05 PM 04-08-2020
Sure,

And that Anecdotal evidence is coming from Doctors. So I'm willing to place more weight on their Anecdotal evidence than yours. Fair?
My evidence? What are you talking about?

My position on this is and has been that there has not been a controlled trial of this completed yet. That's it. Therefore, I'm not pimping it. I hope that the results of the trial are positive. What will your reaction be if it is not?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:06 PM 04-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
We're obviously at the cranky afternoon, given TLO's daily timeline.
I think I’m behind today so.......

HHS Announces Ventilator Contract with GM under Defense Production Act

This week, the Department of Health and Human Services announced the first contract for ventilator production rated under the Defense Production Act, to General Motors. GM’s contract, at a total contract price of $489.4 million, is for 30,000 ventilators to be delivered to the Strategic National Stockpile by the end of August 2020, with a production schedule allowing for the delivery of 6,132 ventilators by June 1, 2020.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/...ction-act.html
[Reply]
SupDock 04:06 PM 04-08-2020
Sure,

But that doesn't change the fact that they wouldn't be trialing the drug without a abundance of evidence no matter how anecdotal it was/is.
Plenty of trials of medications ultimately show they are ineffective, so that means they had a bundle of evidence that was incorrect?
[Reply]
Page 1249 of 3903
« First < 24974911491199123912451246124712481249 125012511252125312591299134917492249 > Last »
Up