ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3570 of 3903
« First < 2570307034703520356035663567356835693570 3571357235733574358036203670 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
wazu 11:36 AM 07-22-2021
I've got friends waiting on full approval as well. Can't decide if that's mistrust of the government, or ultimate trust of the government.
[Reply]
carlos3652 12:02 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I meant to post this the other day but I was watching Dr. Osterholm on TV a couple of nights ago and he sometimes says outlandish things but he said something that made me say Oh shit.

Which was currently here in the US there is over 100 million people that are unvaccinated + never had Covid. Just taking a step back and thinking about that...I mean that is a huge pool of future infections which could generate more variants etc.

I will just say this ..get vaccinated if you can.
There are over 5.5 billion people worldwide without the vaccine ... take a bigger step back. Variants will continue to exist forever. (If that was your concern)
Alpha first detected in the UK
Beta first detected in South Africa
Gamma first detected in the US from Brazilian Travelers at an airport in Japan
Delta first detected in India
Kappa first detected in india
Lambda first detected in Peru...
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:10 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I wonder if insurance companies can start charging people more for being unvaxxed like they do with smokers - once this thing gets FDA approved. That one-two punch would convert a lot of fence-sitters I bet.
They probably will. I wonder when it will get FDA approved? Next year?

That said we need many vaccines around the world too.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:12 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
My wife just got out of the hospital after 9 days with this shit. Nasty stuff for sure. I was vaccinated because I was eligible back in March but she wasn't. She wasn't anti-vac, she just put it off since the shit was gone in the area for like 2 months. I'm pretty anti-mask mandate for a few reasons mostly because the invasion of civil liberty doesn't warrant the small benefits of trying to make a few people wear cloth mask but man people really need to humble themselves and re-evaluate their stance on the vaccines. Sadly, I think people lump mask and vaccines into the same category and double down on their opinions instead of evaluating each thing separately. Once was fools gold and one is the real deal.
Glad she is better.

Unfortunately it's taking some people (not saying you) to take this more seriously after someone is very Ill or dies close to them. Unfortunately that's not enough for some to get it. I'd think that would be the the final straw.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:30 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
They probably will. I wonder when it will get FDA approved? Next year?

That said we need many vaccines around the world too.
I read they're shooting for September for adults.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:50 PM 07-22-2021
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/stat...656972808?s=19

I'm just shaking my head non stop.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:51 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I read they're shooting for September for adults.
Good! I assume it's all paperwork etc that takes time
[Reply]
wazu 12:58 PM 07-22-2021

Heh. In fairness, the initial question was "Now that you've had COVID, will you get vaccinated?" Seems reasonable for somebody to say no since they should have natural immunity at that point. But then the guy kept talking.
[Reply]
TLO 01:01 PM 07-22-2021

Didn't watch the video. Scrolled down a bit and found this. Now I'm shaking my head too.

Menstrual symptoms can really be debilitating. Why doesn’t it qualify for time off work yet?

— 👻 Nakers Gimme Heebee Jeebees (@blackfemmesoul) July 21, 2021

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:48 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Didn't watch the video. Scrolled down a bit and found this. Now I'm shaking my head too.

Lol
[Reply]
O.city 03:04 PM 07-22-2021
All the studies come out showing the same thing, then there's the Israeli study showing different numbers.

Haven't really heard and explanation for why?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:34 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
My wife just got out of the hospital after 9 days with this shit. Nasty stuff for sure. I was vaccinated because I was eligible back in March but she wasn't. She wasn't anti-vac, she just put it off since the shit was gone in the area for like 2 months. I'm pretty anti-mask mandate for a few reasons mostly because the invasion of civil liberty doesn't warrant the small benefits of trying to make a few people wear cloth mask but man people really need to humble themselves and re-evaluate their stance on the vaccines. Sadly, I think people lump mask and vaccines into the same category and double down on their opinions instead of evaluating each thing separately. Once was fools gold and one is the real deal.
I doubt people are actually that stupid, but I guess one never knows.
[Reply]
wazu 03:37 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I doubt people are actually that stupid, but I guess one never knows.
I think it definitely plays in. This pandemic was politicized heavily, and people tended to be in the "lockdown/mask up" camp or they weren't. Somehow even though the vaccine should be a unifying thing, in some people's minds it just got added to a camp now called "lockdown/mask-up/vaccinate". Then when they see misinformation or hear people saying how the second shot made them sick, it becomes massive confirmation bias.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:53 PM 07-22-2021
Dang. Just when I thought we were almost out of this COVID stuff we have two borderline DC threads about it in the lounge (not saying they don’t belong here, just sad how fast it spiraled this way) and we seem just as divided as ever still. This is one hell of a pandemic.

Couldn’t a large spread among the unvaccinated be good in the long run as well, though? If they’re likely never going to give in and get the shot, I would think we’d want to spread as much of the natural antibodies around as we can to attempt to reach the herd immunity that way. This is being said by someone who admittedly doesn’t fully grasp the herd immunity, but from my understanding we were always going to need a mixture of both. Are the hospitals getting overrun in some places again or are we just worried about the rising counts of cases themselves. Haven’t followed along lately with things seeming to clear up, but it’s obvious we’re still in this shit.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 03:56 PM 07-22-2021
Got off the plane from China this afternoon. Haven’t set foot on American soil since January 2020. Quarantining for seven days and then I’ll get the first shot after I’m finished. Glad I avoided getting the sinovac shot while I was in China.
[Reply]
Page 3570 of 3903
« First < 2570307034703520356035663567356835693570 3571357235733574358036203670 > Last »
Up