ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs attempt to re-sign Kareem Hunt in the offseason?
comochiefsfan 02:30 PM 11-12-2019
Running Back is absolutely killing us right now.

Guys can’t hold on to the ball, we can’t get anything going on the ground, and we don’t have a back with the physicality to finish games.

There is an elite running back out there right now, who at the end of this season will only have 7 more games of tread on the tires since when he last played for us. He’s familiar with the offense, and can likely be had for cheap due to off the field risks.

Everyone of course knows who I’m talking about. Should Clark swallow his pride and bring back Kareem? Or do we continue to allow Damian and Shady to literally cough up games?

I’ll hang up & listen.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:34 PM 11-12-2019
He's even had incidents since he got to Cleveland.

I understand wanting our running game to be better but that's like saying maybe the Chiefs should reach out and bring McCaffrey in for a look.

Like, as long as we're dreaming.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:36 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by redhed:
Ahhhh, dreams are nice. What if you won the lottery? That'd be great!
Then I could buy the team and bring him back! LET'S FUCKING DO THIS
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:42 PM 11-12-2019
Melvin Gordon is an RFA next season, right?
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:43 PM 11-12-2019
I think there will be a new RB in KC next season, but his name will not be Kareem Hunt. He's done here.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:47 PM 11-12-2019
Get Bam Morris on the horn while we're at it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:50 PM 11-12-2019
And why don't you people think Dorsey will extend him if he's productive????
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:51 PM 11-12-2019
Yes, they will.

The headline will read “Hunt pinky swears to never lie again.”
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:53 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
No. You don't sign him he lied. You sign him is saying it not cool to lie but wait a few month and we'll hire you back.
Literally nobody ever really gave a **** about a lie. Nobody.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 04:56 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Literally nobody ever really gave a **** about a lie. Nobody.
Nah. Just the owner that fired him. No biggie.
[Reply]
mcaj22 04:56 PM 11-12-2019
it will probably be someone like David Johnson
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:00 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Or we could look at some dudes like

De'Andre Swift
Travis Etienne
Johnathan Taylor

Good RB year.
Swift will probably be gone before we pick; likely top 20 selection and I wouldn't advocate for him in the 1st anyway.

But Taylor might make it to us in the 2nd. Dobbins and Akers are interesting guys but tough reads for opposite reasons. OSU is just rolling over teams so it's hard to say if Dobbins is as good as his results. Skillset wise, Dobbins seems perfect but he just may not be as good as he seems to be.

Akers, OTOH, is playing for a trash FSU team and maybe that pushes his stock down some. I think the kid's an NFL talent with 3-down ability but it's hard to get a great feel for him. That's probably a guy I'd keep an eye on.

You're right though - seems like a TON of RBs w/ 2nd round sort of grades and that could push some down into the 3rd. Someone like maybe Ke'Shawn Vaughn? I think you'd have to jump in a hurry if he's there in the 3rd and shows more wiggle on tape than I typically think of him having. You have to hope someone jumps earlier on someone like Zack Moss who may not have the kind of agility you want to see in this offense and frees up someone to slide down a bit. Hubbard could be a slide candidate as well.

I'd be shocked if we don't have 2 new RBs next year, 1 of whom we take on the 2nd day. This shit can't stand next year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:03 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
And why don't you people think Dorsey will extend him if he's productive????
Why would he sign to be Chubb's backup?

He's an ERFA next year so Cleveland won't lose him for nothing. But he'll maybe sign a 1-year deal to get into FA and start somewhere or they'll trade him.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:14 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Why would he sign to be Chubb's backup?

He's an ERFA next year so Cleveland won't lose him for nothing. But he'll maybe sign a 1-year deal to get into FA and start somewhere or they'll trade him.
Because Hunt>Chubb.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:28 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
No RB will succeed without a solid OL.

Need to build from the trenches first.
Yup, the line has been ignored long enough... it has to end this offseason
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:35 PM 11-12-2019
If that LSU running back is in the draft get that guy immediately
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6