ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1977 of 2688
« First < 977147718771927196719731974197519761977 19781979198019811987202720772477 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 10:50 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think no sport renders “rings” less meaningful in individual player debates than football. We’re talking about a sport where the QB isn’t even on the field half of the time or more.

They matter of course and the great ones find a way to win eventually, but every single championship requires so much more help from your surrounding peers than I think is needed in say, the NBA.

To me, Mahomes already looks like a better pure football player than Tom ever has been.
In terms of the ring stuff, Dee Ford offsides is gigantic. Without that, we are looking at Mahomes with 2 rings (after only 2 years) and Brady with 5 rings. Instead, Mahomes was down 6-0 for the ring count in the immediate aftermath of the Dee Ford play. One silly little play with a huge impact on the legacy of both QB's.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:53 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
In terms of the ring stuff, Dee Ford offsides is gigantic. Without that, we are looking at Mahomes with 2 rings (after only 2 years) and Brady with 5 rings. Instead, Mahomes was down 6-0 for the ring count in the immediate aftermath of the Dee Ford play. One silly little play with a huge impact on the legacy of both QB's.
That could be the case but I’ve always felt like if we’d won in 2018, we would have suffered for it in the immediate future by retaining guys like Ford, Sutton, Berry, etc.

Maybe they would have still moved on but I don’t think so because the hunger to really get better wouldn’t have been there.

Ford’s offsides play, as frustrating as it was, to me actually put them on a better trajectory to win multiple rings in future seasons.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:04 AM 12-06-2020
That could be the case but I’ve always felt like if we’d won in 2018, we would have suffered for it in the immediate future by retaining guys like Ford, Sutton, Berry, etc.

Maybe they would have still moved on but I don’t think so because the hunger to really get better wouldn’t have been there.

Ford’s offsides play, as frustrating as it was, to me actually put them on a better trajectory to win multiple rings in future seasons.
Valid points. Andy definitely would not have fired Sutton if they won the 2018 title. And would Veach have traded Ford? That turned out to be a very good move, since the guy has had even more injury problems in San Fran than he already did in KC.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:18 AM 12-06-2020
I think no sport renders “rings” less meaningful in individual player debates than football. We’re talking about a sport where the QB isn’t even on the field half of the time or more.

They matter of course and the great ones find a way to win eventually, but every single championship requires so much more help from your surrounding peers than I think is needed in say, the NBA.

To me, Mahomes already looks like a better pure football player than Tom ever has been.

Yeah Mahomes is easily more talented than Brady. All you have to do is watch. I starting muttering this to myself in 2018 “Man...is this guy really more talented than Brady?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:19 AM 12-06-2020
The true GOAT of all sports isn't MJ. It's Gretzky. If you don't know much about hockey, take a look at his career someday and your jaw will literally drop when you see how much he destroyed the league when he was playing. His accomplishments in that sport stacked up against the GOATs in other sports are in a completely different universe.

Well, the way Patrick Mahomes is playing... I mean...

Let's just say when it's all said and done, I think you will be able to make a legit argument for Mahomes being compared to Gretzky in hockey.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:20 AM 12-06-2020
Let’s say you can have a re-draft and pick rookie Brady or rookie Mahomes. How many teams out of 32 go with Mahomes ?

[Reply]
DRM08 11:25 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah Mahomes is easily more talented than Brady. All you have to do is watch. I starting muttering this to myself in 2018 “Man...is this guy really more talented than Brady?”

Ehhh...that statement applies to many guys in the history of the league. Brady was never the most physically gifted QB. He has had enormous success because of his very strong mind, his very strong work ethic, his very strong clutch factor, and a great coach helping him along the way.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:27 AM 12-06-2020
Ehhh...that statement applies to many guys in the history of the league. Brady was never the most physically gifted QB. He has had enormous success because of his very strong mind, his very strong work ethic, his very strong clutch factor, and a great coach helping him along the way.

Oh I totally get it. I just mean from a pure talent standpoint. I thought that’s what Pugs was referring to. Yeah at that point we had no idea Mahomes would have so many of those intangibles that make/made Brady so good.

[Reply]
Megatron96 11:28 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The true GOAT of all sports isn't MJ. It's Gretzky. If you don't know much about hockey, take a look at his career someday and your jaw will literally drop when you see how much he destroyed the league when he was playing. His accomplishments in that sport stacked up against the GOATs in other sports are in a completely different universe.

Well, the way Patrick Mahomes is playing... I mean...

Let's just say when it's all said and done, I think you will be able to make a legit argument for Mahomes being compared to Gretzky in hockey.
Great argument.

Gretsky was inhuman. So game-changing they changed rules to make it harder for him to score.:-)
[Reply]
DRM08 11:35 AM 12-06-2020
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Let’s say you can have a re-draft and pick rookie Brady or rookie Mahomes. How many teams out of 32 go with Mahomes ?

Like I said earlier, this statement applies to many guys. That includes total busts like Ryan Leaf or successful but flawed QB's like Matt Stafford. These guys have way more physical talent than Brady. There is a reason Brady dropped all the way to Pick #199. Nothing about him jumped off the screen from his college tape or his NFL Combine performance.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:26 PM 12-07-2020
Patrick should do his by game 150.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:37 PM 12-07-2020
Anyone see DJ's interview with Morrison (IIRC) this morning?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:37 PM 12-07-2020
Also Brady's style of play allowed him to be consistently good for a long period of time. As good as Mahomes is I think as he gets older he is going to have to change his game to be more of a pocket passer. So we will have to wait and see if Mahomes has Brady's longevity.

Brady also never played w amount of weapons we currently have. I guess closest was when he had Moss/Welker and he tore it up..

I'm not ready to crown Mahomes as GOAT yet way too early! Great start though!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:42 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Also Brady's style of play allowed him to be consistently good for a long period of time. As good as Mahomes is I think as he gets older he is going to have to change his game to be more of a pocket passer. So we will have to wait and see if Mahomes has Brady's longevity.

Brady also never played w amount of weapons we currently have. I guess closest was when he had Moss/Welker and he tore it up..

You're going to have to qualify that a bit better. That Moss, Welker, Edelman, Ben Watson, Faulk team was insanely talented.

Do you understand what "never" means?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:52 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

:-)
[Reply]
Page 1977 of 2688
« First < 977147718771927196719731974197519761977 19781979198019811987202720772477 > Last »
Up