ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1800 of 3903
« First < 800130017001750179017961797179817991800 180118021803180418101850190023002800 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:39 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out
That's the whole thing: No one knows how this will play out.

If an effective vaccine appears a year from now that's been clinically studied across all age groups and those with existing conditions that make them more susceptible to COVID-19, I'm sure there will be recommendations by physicians as to who should receive the vaccine.

If it goes to market in less than 6 months, you're asking physicians and doctors across the country to take an enormous risk, one that could damage reputations, inspire lawsuits and further erode the population's faith in doctors, scientists and pharmaceutical companies.

That's the exact reason why I believe that the plan moving forward should not include a vaccine and it one is studied properly and proven effective, which could take another year or years.
[Reply]
TLO 02:40 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
O city keeps talking about vaccines but I'm willing to bet there wont be one
Why would you think that?
[Reply]
petegz28 02:41 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Iowa, KS, and Nebraska kind of look like states that shouldn't be opening unless we turn around fast. We're going to do it because I think there isn't much of a choice. If you're over a 1 still shut down, Im not sure what you could expect opening up.
Kansas has been on lock down what will be the better part of 2 months by the time they start to open, at least for the KC area. Unless the hospitals start to hemorrhage you are going to have a hard time telling people that not only did you most likely lock down too early, you're going to stay locked down another month or two.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:46 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
You want to rip Lewdog and all of the other workers at his place out of their home? He knows the risks to his family, which are apparently low so it’s not like he’s being callous or not caring about others. If they all three stay isolated what’s wrong with that? In fact it’s better if they get it now in isolation and develop immunity without risk of spreading it beyond their small family unit.

I think most people wouldn't want to infect their family members and if everyone had a place where they could isolate for 14 days then they should but if they don't then why not a voluntary quarantine in an empty hotel with other covid people.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:51 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Why would you think that?
Vaccines arent simple things and how often is one created for a new virus within a years time?
[Reply]
Monticore 02:53 PM 05-03-2020
Vaccines arent simple things and how often is one created for a new virus within a years time?
H1n1 was less than a year i believe.
[Reply]
O.city 02:55 PM 05-03-2020
The problem with vaccines especially against things like hiv isn’t the making of the vaccine, it’s the mutation of the virus.

This far that’s not a problem here
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 02:59 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Kansas has been on lock down what will be the better part of 2 months by the time they start to open, at least for the KC area. Unless the hospitals start to hemorrhage you are going to have a hard time telling people that not only did you most likely lock down too early, you're going to stay locked down another month or two.
I don’t think we disagree? We're going to have to try. I hope it works out ok.

I'll be honest, I'm very excited to go back to work. A weird thing to say but it's true. WFH has some real neat advantages in terms of getting things done around the house, commute, etc. but it's not for me full time.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:01 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I don’t think we disagree? We're going to have to try. I hope it works out ok.

I'll be honest, I'm very excited to go back to work. A weird thing to say but it's true. WFH has some real neat advantages in terms of getting things done around the house, commute, etc. but it's not for me full time.
My kids actually want to go back to school, they have missed their sports as well.
[Reply]
eDave 03:03 PM 05-03-2020
Tempe:

[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:05 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Tempe:

Philly

[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:05 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Tempe:

Wtf is that?
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 03:06 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Philly

:-)
[Reply]
eDave 03:09 PM 05-03-2020
Wtf is that?
Smart car for ants.

For real, they are delivering online orders. They are buzzing all over Tempe. If you get close to it it will speed up. Too close and it warns you. It will also tell you to move if you get in front of it. They also read traffic signals so they can cross busy streets safely.

Bye bye food delivery jobs. I want one for my own personal use.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:11 PM 05-03-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I think most people wouldn't want to infect their family members and if everyone had a place where they could isolate for 14 days then they should but if they don't then why not a voluntary quarantine in an empty hotel with other covid people.
I agree. It would have to be voluntarily but I think we should provide places for people who are willing to isolate And don't want to infect family/housemates.

Most cities have lots of empty hotel rooms.

You would need social workers to make sure they were getting appropriate food, medicines etc.
[Reply]
Page 1800 of 3903
« First < 800130017001750179017961797179817991800 180118021803180418101850190023002800 > Last »
Up