ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Skins cut Mason Foster
Hammock Parties 01:12 PM 07-23-2019
Bring in this asshole! We are the bad guys!

Redskins are releasing LB Mason Foster. With the arrival of Jon Bostic, Skins are going to lean on younger guys to fill out roster. @ErinHawksworth first reported.

— JP Finlay (@JPFinlayNBCS) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 03:03 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think that's exactly what happened.

And that's not to say they don't think he'll EVER be ready, but rather that he may not be ready NOW.

Meanwhile Lee came with a low cap figure and at a pittance in terms of acquisition costs while coming off an elite year in coverage. I think he was a no-brainer. And since the Jets absorbed his signing bonus and his salary isn't guaranteed this year, he's also zero risk; if DoD shines in camp, the Chiefs cut Lee with no dead money.

Even if Lee's just a 1-year option while DoD continues to develop (because man, O'Daniel was raaaaaaw last year), that's a good use of a 6th round pick.
They may be redundant, but with the way the league is going, hell I wouldn't be upset at keeping both around if they both develop and play well.

Also, if as you say LB becomes the 3rd tier pay place behind the DL and 2ndary, I'd probably go ahead and pay Jones. You can get out from under Hitch next year and fill that with one of the guys here so that would help a little.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:12 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I got Reuben Foster confused with Mason Foster.

Don't the Redskins also have Reuben Foster? Pretty sure they do. Weird, but no weirder than the Chiefs having every single RB on their team named Williams, I suppose
I think he's out altogether. I think he shredded a knee or beat up some chick or something.
[Reply]
O.city 03:13 PM 07-23-2019
Was suspended 2 game checks but the girl was crazy and lied about it

Then shredded his knee
[Reply]
rtmike 03:50 PM 07-23-2019
I’m content with the wild card afa the d is concerned. And that’s coaching.
I bet there’ll be a few no name players who come out of camp shining.
That’s something this defense has been lacking for years. With an offensive minded coach, the defense will always be 2nd & 3rd day picks.
That’s where Andy or whoever it was responsible for bringing Spags in, knocked it outta da park. They now have someone capable of running a team, running the D.

This 1st years gonna be all about coaching. I guarantee the D players leftover from last year will take note and actually step their game up, lol.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:53 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's a different argument.

But if we torch $2.5 million in cap space on Foster and he's a 10% improvement on Ragland for the 15 snaps/gm that Ragland's likely to play, that's NOT a good use of that cap space, not when it could be rolled into cap credits for next year instead.

This is a fine argument to have in favor of bringing in Lee - there could be a real upgrade there if O'Daniel can't be trusted in space. But Foster and Ragland would both play a nominal role in this defense as neither can be trusted in coverage and Ragland's fine when he's coming downhill.

At best I'd give him the CJ Spiller treatment. I'd have him in camp, cut him prior to week 1 and then re-sign him after week 1 when NFL veterans salaries are no longer guaranteed. Then if he continues to show better than Ragland in limited use, I'd keep him and cut Ragland. But I'd be extremely reluctant to guarantee money to a marginal 'thumper' linebacker who's role here will be fairly small and who's on the wrong side of 30.
Ragland’s making $1.25M this year.

Assuming you can get Foster for, say, an extra $1M in cap space, that’s an acceptable tradeoff

https://deadspin.com/skins-wait-until-right-before-training-camp-starts-to-c-1836640301
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:05 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Was suspended 2 game checks but the girl was crazy and lied about it

Then shredded his knee
LOL. I was close.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:30 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I got Reuben Foster confused with Mason Foster.

Don't the Redskins also have Reuben Foster? Pretty sure they do. Weird, but no weirder than the Chiefs having every single RB on their team named Williams, I suppose

They do hold his rights but he is on the commissioners exempt list last I heard.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:56 PM 07-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Admittedly my favorite tandem of Bowman and Willis in there probably aint happening here any time soon so I'm sad about that.

Kuechly when he's healthy being a close second.
Smith- Vander esch?

That's my pick if I could choose
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up