ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 55 of 82
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
listopencil 05:30 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
You know nothing about boxing. Tyson was as incredible technical fighter.
He was a lump.
[Reply]
TimBone 05:39 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
You said the Greatest Ever-Baddest man on the Planet of all time.

http://www.boxingscene.com/-top-25-h...top-ten--26161

Has Tyson ranked 13th and I think that is rather high.

http://www.boxing.com/the_one_hundre..._ten_10_1.html

This one at a very generous #10 which is comical since the good fighters on his record were past their primes.

http://www.boxing.com/the_one_hundre..._ten_10_1.html

Not even in the top ten-but 2 fighters in Tyson's own generation are.

Tyson is an actor now- and he is still not the baddest man -even in the movies.
YOU SAID LEE WAS GONNA RIP HIS EYES OUT IN LESS THAN A SECOND.

Go sit in the corner.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:47 PM 01-26-2016
If Tyson is allowed to go bare hands, how many blows to the head before he killed Bruce?

1/2?
[Reply]
Pablo 05:48 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by TimBone:

Go sit in the corner.
Quarter second per eye. Pretty efficient blinding.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:51 PM 01-26-2016

Go sit in the corner.
So how fast is a punch / strike?

Here is a link with a pretty good response.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...7062539AAmHi0F

and here is the next response.

I used a "self-start" fast draw timer, the old sweep hand type, to eliminate reaction time. holding down the start button with my fist at my side, I stuck at face height, full arm extension, in .12 second. So, 8 punches per second, if using both hands. Many guys are faster than me. i have relatively short arms, but that punch is traveling up as well as out. so, say 2.5 ft x 8 (to get one second) 20 fps, which is about 30mph. Bruce lee could purportedly do this in .05 second, so he'd be more like 70 fps. This is a full power, knockout punch, full rotation of the hand to palm down position, proper "flat" of the first 2 knuckles and a focused strike, hitting a 1/16" thick metal plate, without knocking it over. for shooting it with wax bullets, it is on a stand. it is a man's chest sized silohuette, with a little pin that records the vibration of the metal and stops the timer. no reaction time is part of this, just physical movement.

So is this true- can someone punch faster than a second? Could Tyson in his prime - punch Tim Bone in his face before he could blink?

So could a martial arts master-throw a strike using his thumb and forefinger-and hit an opponent in his eyes-in less than a second?

If said person struck an opponents open eyes with that much speed and power-what would happen?

Maybe you should go sit in the corner and think about this. :-)
[Reply]
Saul Good 06:02 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
So how fast is a punch / strike?

Here is a link with a pretty good response.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...7062539AAmHi0F

and here is the next response.

I used a "self-start" fast draw timer, the old sweep hand type, to eliminate reaction time. holding down the start button with my fist at my side, I stuck at face height, full arm extension, in .12 second. So, 8 punches per second, if using both hands. Many guys are faster than me. i have relatively short arms, but that punch is traveling up as well as out. so, say 2.5 ft x 8 (to get one second) 20 fps, which is about 30mph. Bruce lee could purportedly do this in .05 second, so he'd be more like 70 fps. This is a full power, knockout punch, full rotation of the hand to palm down position, proper "flat" of the first 2 knuckles and a focused strike, hitting a 1/16" thick metal plate, without knocking it over. for shooting it with wax bullets, it is on a stand. it is a man's chest sized silohuette, with a little pin that records the vibration of the metal and stops the timer. no reaction time is part of this, just physical movement.

So is this true- can someone punch faster than a second? Could Tyson in his prime - punch Tim Bone in his face before he could blink?

So could a martial arts master-throw a strike using his thumb and forefinger-and hit an opponent in his eyes-in less than a second?

If said person struck an opponents open eyes with that much speed and power-what would happen?

Maybe you should go sit in the corner and think about this. :-)
That must be why MMA fights are dominated by karate strikes and not by punches or submissions/ground and pound.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:11 PM 01-26-2016
Who is purporting , lol, those numbers for Bruce Lee?

I just want to see Bruce Lee fight someone that matters. Please someone link me to the video or even post it. He'll give me a link to judges score cards from his inaugural mma ( Dana fucking white says he started it) bout. Anything real.

Otherwise quit posting shit that someone could have, and most likely did , embellish greatly.
[Reply]
Saul Good 06:18 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Who is purporting , lol, those numbers for Bruce Lee?

I just want to see Bruce Lee fight someone that matters. Please someone link me to the video or even post it. He'll give me a link to judges score cards from his inaugural mma ( Dana ****ing white says he started it) bout. Anything real.

Otherwise quit posting shit that someone could have, and most likely did , embellish greatly.
His exploits are well documented through legend and word of mouth. He was too fast for his fights to be captured on film.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:33 PM 01-26-2016
His exploits are well documented through legend and word of mouth. He was too fast for his fights to be captured on film.

Legend grows exponentially.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:49 PM 01-26-2016
His abilities are exaggerated. But is it much better to exaggerate by just calling him an actor? He was a martial arts expert and teacher. There are enough "exploits" to show he more than knew his shit and had exceptional abilities. I get if people want to challenge his fighting experience or if his style translates into a fight. They're hypotheticals, not givens. The same hypotheticals that would ask how Tyson would fare in a fight that involved kicking and grappling.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:54 PM 01-26-2016
We can SEE what Tyson can actually do against someone. Just show me what Lee can do while someone else is trying too
[Reply]
Saul Good 06:56 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
His abilities are exaggerated. But is it much better to exaggerate by just calling him an actor? He was a martial arts expert and teacher. There are enough "exploits" to show he more than knew his shit and had exceptional abilities. I get if people want to challenge his fighting experience or if his style translates into a fight. They're hypotheticals, not givens. The same hypotheticals that would ask how Tyson would fare in a fight that involved kicking and grappling.
What are these exploits? He never fought. Butch Harmon is a golf expert and teacher. That doesn't make him a better golfer than Tiger Woods.

Charlie Weis is a QB guru. That doesn't make him Joe Montana.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:04 PM 01-26-2016
What are these exploits? He never fought. Butch Harmon is a golf expert and teacher. That doesn't make him a better golfer than Tiger Woods.

Charlie Weis is a QB guru. That doesn't make him Joe Montana.
Bruce Lee had the knowledge, strength, technique, speed, and power to not just be a good fighter, but an exceptional fighter. There are more than enough demos, exhibitions, and teachings that show that. Don't compare him to a pudgy guy like Charlie Weis. Ridiculous example. If the question is if his experience translated in a ring, that's more than fair. But we are basing that entire thing off of hypotheticals. Because he's not some ordinary guy walking into that ring. He'd have a lot of stuff to work with.
[Reply]
rico 07:05 PM 01-26-2016
Oh, man. You missed a heck of a thread. The best thing about it was the fact that it was at its peak the week she got destroyed by Holly Holm.
Oh my God, that was so freaking awesome/hilarious. The timing...everything....just perfect... :-)
[Reply]
Saul Good 07:07 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by rico:
Oh my God, that was so freaking awesome/hilarious. The timing...everything....just perfect... :-)
It should be in the HOC.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 82
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up