ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 27 of 82
« First < 172324252627 282930313777 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:56 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by listopencil:
That is not completely correct. He began with Wing Chun.
Then he incorporated a lot of boxing...
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:00 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Bruce Lee beat Chuck Norris if you beat Chuck Norris you can beat anybody.
:-)

The sad thing is that, given the course of this discussion, I'm not sure if you realize that only happened in a movie or not.

That's sad. I can't even tell who's being sarcastic and who's not.
[Reply]
beach tribe 11:19 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
:-) ... I love the turn this thread took to the Coming to America stuff.

I was real drunk and kind of purposely being buffoonish with a lot of my replies from last night/this morning...but I stand by it. Tyson wins this one, no diggity-no doubt.
He beat Joe Lewis's ass.

Joe Lewis was 137m years old wheney fought.

Fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you.
Who's next?

That may be the funniest movie ever made.
Quotable from start to finish.

Its funny that Sam Jackson is the guy who robs McDowell's
Home of the big Mick.

"Anybody move Ill blow your fuckin head off"
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:29 PM 01-29-2014
:-) ... I love the turn this thread took to the Coming to America stuff.

I was real drunk and kind of purposely being buffoonish with a lot of my replies from last night/this morning...but I stand by it. Tyson wins this one, no diggity-no doubt.
I'm never eating your pizza.

mostly because I'm never going to Iowa
[Reply]
rico 11:50 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
He beat Joe Lewis's ass.

Joe Lewis was 137m years old wheney fought.

**** you, **** you, and **** you.
Who's next?

That may be the funniest movie ever made.
Quotable from start to finish.

Its funny that Sam Jackson is the guy who robs McDowell's
Home of the big Mick.

"Anybody move Ill blow your ****in head off"
Can't help, but think about the restaurant robbery scene in Pulp Fiction.

Speaking of, was Samuel L. Jackson a regular on Pee-Wee's Playhouse or was that Laurence Fishburne?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:54 PM 01-29-2014
Can't help, but think about the restaurant robbery scene in Pulp Fiction.

Speaking of, was Samuel L. Jackson a regular on Pee-Wee's Playhouse or was that Laurence Fishburne?
LF

Of course that was LONG after AN

Earliest I remember of SLJ off the top of my head of the CTA holdup man.
[Reply]
rico 11:55 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'm never eating your pizza.

mostly because I'm never going to Iowa
GASP!!!

It's gonna be some awesome pizza, Bruce Baby-Lee-Roy. :-)
[Reply]
rico 11:55 PM 01-29-2014
LF

Earliest I remember of the top of my head of SLJ was Gator in Jungle Fever.
And ol' Larry Fishburne was in Apocalypse Now.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:00 AM 01-30-2014
And ol' Larry Fishburne was in Apocalypse Now.
Edited to add already.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:26 AM 01-30-2014
It would be over quickly, regardless of who won.

If I had to bet money on one, I'd probably pick Bruce because he would wait for Mike to punch himself out and countering him until he would get very frustrated and beat himself. Death by a thousand cuts...but if Mike ever connects on one of his lightening haymakers, the fight would be over within 10 seconds.

Tough call, but I'd have to give the edge to Bruce.
[Reply]
rico 12:45 AM 01-30-2014
Edited to add already.
I heard he lied about his age to get the role of "Clean" on AN. He said he was like in the 18-20 range or something, but was actually only 15 when the movie was made.

Love that movie...one of my faves, evar.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 12:49 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It would be over quickly, regardless of who won.

If I had to bet money on one, I'd probably pick Bruce because he would wait for Mike to punch himself out and countering him until he would get very frustrated and beat himself. Death by a thousand cuts...but if Mike ever connects on one of his lightening haymakers, the fight would be over within 10 seconds.

Tough call, but I'd have to give the edge to Bruce.

This, even in a structured boxing bout. But straight street fight, with no crowd or rules or weapons, I'd take Bruce no edge required. I heard an interview with chuck Norris, after he met Bruce they talked for hours and became friends. All Bruce was doing was learning. More if his "take what you can use" style. But when Bruce asked to do a fight scene; CN only agreed if he could be portrayed as having a chance. Lol. Something like "as long as I get to hit you too." From CN's mouth.

BL was a bad ass.
[Reply]
RobBlake 12:49 AM 01-30-2014
wouldn't be close. Tyson. Lee doesn't have the strength to go toe to toe with Tyson. A couple of body shots from Tyson and Lee would be going down.
[Reply]
rico 12:58 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
wouldn't be close. Tyson. Lee doesn't have the strength to go toe to toe with Tyson. A couple of body shots from Tyson and Lee would be going down.
Yup...and some people are talking as if Tyson wouldn't be able to contend with Bruce's speed and therefore, not be able to maintain an adequate defense against him....please...Tyson was quick as hell...insanely quick for his size, and is definitely capable of countering more of what HolLEEwood threw at him than people probably realize.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 01:23 AM 01-30-2014
Yup...and some people are talking as if Tyson wouldn't be able to contend with Bruce's speed and therefore, not be able to maintain an adequate defense against him....please...Tyson was quick as hell...insanely quick for his size, and is definitely capable of countering more of what HolLEEwood threw at him than people probably realize.
You haven't done your research, I can tell. Love you bro muthusious, loved watching Tyson box too. BL was a fighter, studied and mastered most forms of stratigic fighting, from boxing to fencing, used elements of all to form his own evolving ethos. And despite his cockiness persona was humble underneath. Took his knowledge into practice/training, knew more ways to kill a man than anyone. Yes, he made money in the films, but he was tested in many environments too. A straight boxing match would be Tyson's only hope of beating BL. But that's. It what you asked.....
[Reply]
Page 27 of 82
« First < 172324252627 282930313777 > Last »
Up